The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

I'm going to Macclesfield V Brentford today in the away end as one of my mates here is a Brentford fan and it's only a tenner to get in, should ba a laugh.

I've got Brentford in my acc today so here's hoping your mate celebrates a lot of goals.

What a shit match and it was fucking freezing.

Guest Stephen927

That Taraabt didn't look like much, especially after the comments from the commentators about him being special etc.

Guest kingdawson

That Taraabt didn't look like much, especially after the comments from the commentators about him being special etc.

Nah, he was pretty shite today tbf. Think we could have got something out the game if we put a bit more effort in. Don't really care much though.

That Taraabt didn't look like much

What the hell was he up to in the last 5 minutes down the right? Just kept trying to do tricks rather than put a ball into the box... didn't manage a single one while almost the whole Spurs team was waiting for him to send one in.

Was funny when he eventually got shouldered off the ball by OShea and just lay on the floor crying.

Guest Stephen927

Nah, he was pretty s**** today tbf. Think we could have got something out the game if we put a bit more effort in. Don't really care much though.

Thought central midfield was the problem area. Seemed alright defensively but offensively neither looked to get forward.

Strikeforce weren't too sharp, don't think it's because their shit but because they dont have a good understanding of each other (Pav and Defoe). Defoe was looking to pull wide towards the end and Pav wasn't closing the gap so Defoe was left too isolated.

Shame because with the way United played today they looked far too casual, ripe for the taking.

Guest Stephen927

Can't understand why he's being played so deep.

When Redknapp first took the job, he spoke of his best position being just behind the striker(s).

ITV FA Cup highights are shocking. The Portsmouth Swansea match looks like its all been recorded from a seat somewhere near the halfway line on a Nokia 3210 with Mohammed Ali on the controls.

:lol: brilliant!

The quality is lacking on the web-based highlights as well. Audio is out of sync, forces you to watch adverts even if you just want to replay what you've got, and suffers from buffering issues if you don't watch it from the start.

ITV FA Cup highights are shocking. The Portsmouth Swansea match looks like its all been recorded from a seat somewhere near the halfway line on a Nokia 3210 with Mohammed Ali on the controls.

:lol: You're not far off there.

The Pompey highlights were the worst TV coverage of a match I've ever seen. It was also zoomed in way too much throughout. For instance, you could hardly see stuff like the position of the keeper or even the goal when they had replays of someone taking a shot.

Total wank.

ITV FA Cup highights are shocking. The Portsmouth Swansea match looks like its all been recorded from a seat somewhere near the halfway line on a Nokia 3210 with Mohammed Ali Ozzy Osbourne on the controls.

There is just so much to hate about ITV's football coverage, and to be honest that has been the case for as long as I can remember (well before their ill-fated The Premiership).

I can't think of many things more torturous than having to listen to the likes of Clive 'Clueless' Tyldesley, David 'Pointless' Pleat, Peter 'Dreary' Drury and Andy 'Tedious' Townsend. Pleat in particular should do his research, he's been in football about twice as long as I've been alive and he still can't pronounce the names of half the clubs and players he is meant to be commentating on. Jon Champion should stick to commentating in computer games.