The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

What a cheating c*** Mascherano is.

Isn't he?

Horrible argie bastard.

Three times he made clear dives to try and get our players in trouble and the biased ref fell for it every time. That cunt Bennet might as well have been wearing a red shirt, baldy cheating cunt.

We were rubbish but defended excellently. If only Howard hadn't fucked up...

Isn't he?

Horrible argie bastard.

Three times he made clear dives to try and get our players in trouble and the biased ref fell for it every time. That cunt Bennet might as well have been wearing a red shirt, baldy cheating cunt.

It's bad enough diving in the first place, but to dive and then wave the imaginary card is just cuntishness of the highest order.

I must admit I've not seen a great deal of him, but from what I have seen he doesnt look as good as everyone makes out.

Isn't he?

Horrible argie b******.

Three times he made clear dives to try and get our players in trouble and the biased ref fell for it every time. That c*** Bennet might as well have been wearing a red shirt, baldy cheating c***.

We were rubbish but defended excellently. If only Howard hadn't f***ed up...

Who is this Castillo dude? looked like a league 1 player or something

He was shite I dont think he touched the ball or tackled anyone in the 2nd half. Wonder if he will get the "Nyarko" treatment.

Isn't he?

Horrible argie b******.

Three times he made clear dives to try and get our players in trouble and the biased ref fell for it every time. That c*** Bennet might as well have been wearing a red shirt, baldy cheating c***.

Castillo is an Ecuador international but is rubbish. I'm baffled as to why Moyes started him.... he hasn't played, even as a sub, for over a month but gets thrown into a Merseyside derby? Where's the sense in that?

Gosling should have started imo.

Isn't he?

Horrible argie b******.

Castillo is an Ecuador international but is rubbish. I'm baffled as to why Moyes started him.... he hasn't played, even as a sub, for over a month but gets thrown into a Merseyside derby? Where's the sense in that?

Gosling should have started imo.

It's called Xiscoing him I believe.  Did Moyes come out before the game & say this was his chance & he had to take it?

Did anyone see Rafa get irritated in his post-match interview?

He never ceases to amaze me how much s**t he actually has in him.

Some of the crackers, from http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,13865_4849020,00.html , include:

We know some teams will do the same thing and defend.

Yes, Rafa, because with 1 striker (who was barely fit himself), and our 2 best midfielders out, we're going to be stupid enough to go all guns blazing.

They were coming for a draw

Right oh, attacking maestro.

I am only bothered, though, about what we do.

Erm... now you're confusing me. After rambling on about how we play?

Whether we win or not. I have never played like that here.

Aye. You've never employed cagey tactics have you, oh wise one?

But I do not want to talk about this.

Now you've really stumped me here, Rafa. You don't want to talk about this... but you've just given an interview on it?

I have my ideas and you can see it on the pitch.

Give it to Gerrard or Torres, everyone else: run about for a bit.

The day's events were rounded off by Moyes' deliciously sly dig:

We have looked after our business and we do things with a bit of dignity at Everton.

Guess poor Rafa's not pleased about not beating an under-strength "small club" such as Everton, with his strongest team. Bless.

Nothing wrong with the statements, Lien. Rafa has to appease Liverpool's rabid supporters. Your boys came for a draw, tey got it. Your team earned a replay infront of their own supporters. This is a good accomplishment. The real question is: Will Everton play to win at Goodison?

I don't really understand the "playing for a draw" statement though. No-one plays for a draw. You have to make a realistic assessment. At 1-1, we were under pressure. With already limited resources, what do you do? Imo, you sure as hell don't throw players forward.

And I know he can say what he wants. I basically hate the guy, plain and simple. No dignity, no grace, a bit in the Mark Hughes mould. Should concentrate on his own team more, instead of complaining about the opposition.

Isn't he?

Horrible argie bastard.

argies :lol:

fuckin love it myself, read the maradona book a while back where the were saying to win by cheating is kind of a positive thing in their culture, seen as cheeky

personally i think cynical defending (inc DM) is something we've been missing for a long time, perhaps always; taking people out in the right area of the pitch rather than hacking them down on the edge of the box and conceding a dangerous position to the opposition

always remember a champions league game SBR commented on between some italians and someone else (think it was the final between ac & juve) where at the end robson pointed out that in the whole game they never conceded a free kick within shooting distance of their own goal, they'd rather concede a soft free kick out on the wing than let it happen further down the pitch where it can hurt you

wish we'd had some of that fuckin nouse over the years, why i always wanted ayala in his prime at NUFC - colo doesn't appear to have that in him unfortunately

I don't really understand the "playing for a draw" statement though. No-one plays for a draw. You have to make a realistic assessment. At 1-1, we were under pressure. With already limited resources, what do you do? Imo, you sure as hell don't throw players forward.

And I know he can say what he wants. I basically hate the guy, plain and simple. No dignity, no grace, a bit in the Mark Hughes mould. Should concentrate on his own team more, instead of complaining about the opposition.

Don't tell Fat Sam that, he won't have a clue what to do.

I'm loving this Kanu and Crouch partnership. 6 foot 5 and 6 foot 7. The two gangliest players in the history of football. Hope Villa get beat by the way. I know it's a nice story, but I don't really think they are an exceptional team.

But we need Pompey to get beat as they are with us in a relegation battle.

I'm loving this Kanu and Crouch partnership. 6 foot 5 and 6 foot 7. The two gangliest players in the history of football. Hope Villa get beat by the way. I know it's a nice story, but I don't really think they are an exceptional team.

But we need Pompey to get beat as they are with us in a relegation battle.

This. Villa win please.