The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Anyone seen the way Milan Ultras treated Paolo Maldini today?

Fucking disgusting club imo, even the Inter ultras saluted Maldini earlier this year for fucks sake.

No I didn't, and I couldn't fucking care less.

Guest Heneage

what did they do?

They revealed banners, one said roughly translated "There is only one captain" and it had the retired number of Franco Baresi who handed the armband to Maldini when he retired. I'm looking at the other banner now and it translates as; "Thank you captain. On the field you were a never-ending champion but you lacked respect for those who made you rich."

The thing with Milan's Ultras is they know how to hold a grudge.

Guest Heneage

What grudge? I know nowt about Italian football.

MATTIS LET ME ANSWER ONE! :p

Maldini has been known to criticse the Ultra's behaviour in the past, and rightly so really. Italian fans are a weird enigma. You have Lazio's Ultras, they are horribly horribly racist to the point where they have been known to boo Christian Manfredini, a good servant to Lazio but as imagined is black.

One of the banners mentioned comments about him calling them mercenaries and peasants. I don't remember that to be honest, but they are quite a tetchy bunch.

Maldini has been known to criticse the Ultra's behaviour in the past, and rightly so really. Italian fans are a weird enigma. You have Lazio's Ultras, they are horribly horribly racist to the point where they have been known to boo Christian Manfredini, a good servant to Lazio but as imagined is black.

One of the banners mentioned comments about him calling them mercenaries and peasants. I don't remember that to be honest, but they are quite a tetchy bunch.

Sad as fuck. He's been an unbelievably good servant for their club.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolute disgrace, not only a loyal servant, but the best defender of my generation imo.

Guest Heneage

Sad as f***. He's been an unbelievably good servant for their club.

He's one of the few that gets respect from all quarters self included. He was just an honest pro that got on with the game, when you compare him to other one club players like Totti he is an angel, what Totti did against Denmark was disgraceful. But as I said the Ultras don't care, they are a section of fans that see themselves as a class above, who truly believe it is THEIR club, it's not ours it's THEIRS. Really it's impossible to try and appease them as the only player I can think of who did that was Di Canio at Lazio, and as much as I love the guy, that fascist hand gesture was in horrible taste.

Sorry Nixon, i will behave from now on.  :lol:

This here town only got room for one Serie A fan.  :pow: Haha but you clearly know your stuff pal.  :clap:

Guest Heneage

We are lining up for some semi-gay friendship Nixon, promise you wont break my heart  :angel:

It was your current avatar that first attracted me. Clearly a knowledgeable Inter fan.  :smitten:

Guest Heneage

Zamorano stands for what i miss from today's football players, commitment and heart on the sleeve.

god i miss his lunatic runs after he scored a goal however pretty or ugly it was.  :weep:

Do you ever get the feeling the league is missing it's characters? Di Canio is one of Juve's characters from the past I miss. Cassano is as close as is it gets these days.

Guest Heneage

Balotelli hast potential to be a complete nut job mind. And some managers are giving Mourinho grief back. I have Mourinho's autograph actually.  :snod:

Here's hoping Sheffield United go up.

Along with QPR & Ipswich, they'd probably be one of the big spenders in our league this summer.

Along with QPR & Ipswich, they'd probably be one of the big spenders in our league this summer.

I'd like Burnley to do it, mainly because they havent been in it before, and also I'll be so pissed off with myself for not doing a Birmingham-Wolves-Sheff Utd promotion treble at the start of the season - could have got me a fair whack (if Sheff win).

QPR are a joke, though.

Not watching, but I'm assuming Sheff Utd are playing long-ball, horrible football and are being completely outclassed?

Saw them about half a dozen times this season in the flesh/on TV and it's always the fucking same with them.