The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Agreed but again, what has that got to do with the result being embarrasing. You're stating something that the whole world knows.

Toonlass isn't getting at the comparisons of Sunderland & Arsenal, but more of the fact that it's your local Derby.. one of the biggest games of your season. They were there for the taking with a man down and their main striker injured and you just didn't take that chance.

If it was the same with us v Sunderland some could call it an embarrisment not because it was Sunderland, but because it was our Tyne - Wear derby.

At least I hope that's what she meant.  :kinnear:

Guest toonlass

Shocking result for Tottenham really. Pretty embarassing.

Yes 0-0 against Arsenal is really embarassing.

0-0 against a 10 men Arsenal with Adebayor limping off in the first half is not that great though is it?

No it's a bad result but is it "embarassing"?

I would say embarrassing, in the fact that they are your local rivals. If Sunderland were to come to St James', lost their main striker before half time due to injury, replaced him with someone who wasn't match fit, and then one of their midfielders was sent off I would be gutted and embarrassed if we came away with a 0-0.

ermmmmm Sunderland, Arsenal,Sunderland,Arsenal, Sunderland, Arsenal

Yeh i see where you're comming from.

Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend

Clearer for you?

WTF are you going on about ffs? what have Newcastle got to do with this?

clearly my point was that Arsenal are a far superior team to Sunderland so your example was pretty pointless.

and her point is you've spent a fuckin fortune so should be doing better, whereas we've made money and have a s*** squad and she'd be disappointed with the same result

it's not rocket science mini harry

Are you an idiot, or are you just slow?

Yes we've spent a fortune, yes we should be doing better, yes it's a bad result but when did this become a spurs vs Newcastle argument? why are you (and her) bringing up the value of Newcastles squad in a debate that has nothing to do Newcastle?

The question was whether todays result was embarrasing, which she has now somehow managed to add Newcastle in the equation. Yes i agree that a 0-0 at home to sunderland with them down to 10 men, would be bad (wouldn't even call it embarassing tbh), but Arsenal are in a different league to Sunderlans, so her argument holds no weight.

correct me if i'm wrong but she drew a direct comparison between 2 derbies and the disappointment she'd have felt had sunderland came to SJP and had a man sent off & lost their man striker and we'd not won, never mind if we'd spent 40m or something in the january transfer window and still not won

that's why newcastle were involved, or are you slow?

for what it's worth i don't think it was an embarrassing result, and never said it was...i was trying to help you read what was fairly clear to me from the good lady's post(s)

Aye exactly what Mr Mojorisin said, and I never said that you should be embarrassed. I said it was a bad result. However I would feel embarrassed if it was us and Sunderland. I am not telling you how to feel, just think it was a bad result for you, and a great result for us (incidentally).

Intriguing game atm, West Ham clearly have confidence at the moment and as such aren't letting Man Utd settle too much. That said, Man Utd are predictably the ones who are having the controlled possession.

And this whole issue to do with the Spurs result is purely down to personal opinion, what one person sees as an embarassment may not be an embarassment for someone else.

Guest Heneage

Agreed but again, what has that got to do with the result being embarrasing. You're stating something that the whole world knows.

I'm not saying its embarassing mate, but you probably should have beat them.

Guest kingdawson

0-0 against a 10 men Arsenal with Adebayor limping off in the first half is not that great though is it?

I would say embarrassing, in the fact that they are your local rivals. If Sunderland were to come to St James', lost their main striker before half time due to injury, replaced him with someone who wasn't match fit, and then one of their midfielders was sent off I would be gutted and embarrassed if we came away with a 0-0.

Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend

Clearer for you?

clearly my point was that Arsenal are a far superior team to Sunderland so your example was pretty pointless.

and her point is you've spent a fuckin fortune so should be doing better, whereas we've made money and have a s*** squad and she'd be disappointed with the same result

Yes we've spent a fortune, yes we should be doing better, yes it's a bad result but when did this become a spurs vs Newcastle argument? why are you (and her) bringing up the value of Newcastles squad in a debate that has nothing to do Newcastle?

The question was whether todays result was embarrasing, which she has now somehow managed to add Newcastle in the equation. Yes i agree that a 0-0 at home to sunderland with them down to 10 men, would be bad (wouldn't even call it embarassing tbh), but Arsenal are in a different league to Sunderlans, so her argument holds no weight.

correct me if i'm wrong but she drew a direct comparison between 2 derbies and the disappointment she'd have felt had sunderland came to SJP and had a man sent off & lost their man striker and we'd not won, never mind if we'd spent 40m or something in the january transfer window and still not won

for what it's worth i don't think it was an embarrassing result, and never said it was...i was trying to help you read what was fairly clear to me from the good lady's post(s)

Aye exactly what Mr Mojorisin said, and I never said that you should be embarrassed. I said it was a bad result. However I would feel embarrassed if it was us and Sunderland. I am not telling you how to feel, just think it was a bad result for you, and a great result for us (incidentally).

Your trying to change the goal posts now tbh.

I asked if OUR result was embarrassing (not if you would feel embarassed or anything like that), to which you replied

"I would say embarrassing, in the fact that they are your local rivals."

Clearer for you?

Your trying to change the goal posts now tbh.

I asked if OUR result was embarrassing (not if you would feel embarassed or anything like that), to which you replied

"I would say embarrassing, in the fact that they are your local rivals."

i've got some shopping to do ;)

dunno really, i dont think its embaressing to draw 0-0 at home to arsenal, even if they did have 10 men. especially since they got a point at the emirates spurs would hold the north london bragging rights regardless. good result for NUFC and also helps villa towards the top 4 with eboue sent off as well

Good result for us, that. Would have been better had they beaten Arsenal, but mustn't grumble.

Have you got a permanent smile on your face, Brummie? How good must it be being a Villa fan atm... so very jealous.

Pleased to see it though, nonetheless.

Good result for us, that. Would have been better had they beaten Arsenal, but mustn't grumble.

Good for us as well; I'm convinced we can catch Arsenal. Was gutted we didn't beat them recently when we were much the better team. Furthermore, they have to go to Anfield and Old Trafford.

Carlton Cole actually looks like an eligible footballer this season. I haven't watched the game today like, but i did catch a glimpse of the last couple mins of the first half. He did this cracking shot on the turn having controlled it off his chest; only a really good bit of blocking from Vidic (what a fucking player he is, btw) stopped it from being on target.

I used to hate West Ham but i've gained a bit of a soft spot for them under Zola if i'm honest.

I really like West Ham now that Bellamy has gone, like the way they play and the faith they put in youngsters. The one sticking point is Parker plays for them.  :harry:

I'm still trying to work out what Scott Parker actually is as a footballer.