The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Carlton Cole actually looks like an eligible footballer this season. I haven't watched the game today like, but i did catch a glimpse of the last couple mins of the first half. He did this cracking shot on the turn having controlled it off his chest; only a really good bit of blocking from Vidic (what a fucking player he is, btw) stopped it from being on target.

I used to hate West Ham but i've gained a bit of a soft spot for them under Zola if i'm honest.

It's easy to, Zola is a great person and was a wonderful player.

Giggs is a truly great player

To think he is still performing so well for them, after so many years, is very impressive.

As much as I disliked him for the damage he helped cause Keegans team, you have to admire players like him and Scholes.

Not a celebrity/media whore like Beckham as well which I like.

Guest Howaythetoon

Man Utd's clean sheet record is nothing short of astonishing.

And embarrassing... for the rest of the league. To go so many games without conceding is obviously testimony to their defensive quality but also perhaps testimony to the cowardice of teams and managers in general when it comes to playing them. When we went to Old Trafford we had a go at them and put them under pressure, not many teams do that even on their own ground.

Regarding Ryan Giggs, he is something else, great player in his day and still a cut above most even now at his age.

The thing is, when the do eventually concede, they'll no doubt see it as a weight off their shoulders and just start attacking even more freely without having to worry about the record. Can't see anybody else for the title, personally.

Guest quklaani

Man Utd's clean sheet record is nothing short of astonishing.

And embarrassing... for the rest of the league. To go so many games without conceding is obviously testimony to their defensive quality but also perhaps testimony to the cowardice of teams and managers in general when it comes to playing them. When we went to Old Trafford we had a go at them and put them under pressure, not many teams do that even on their own ground.

And you're still the only team to get anything in the league, since the start of last season we've played 30 games at home and won 27.  Almost everyone seems to come to Old Trafford expecting a pummeling, when really we tend to be winning quite narrowly.  Exactly two teams this year at Old Trafford have really gone for it, yourselves and Hull, and you're the only teams to score.  I'm worried that at some point people will notice this fact...

So, Villa's next game is Chelsea, if they win does that mean the league has officially gone insane this year?

One of the things about being in the position we are now is that I can appreciate Man U for what they are, a great team. I don't even mind Ronaldo too much but am extremely jealous that Carrick (named after a great baker's) is there.

Guest quklaani

One of the things about being in the position we are now is that I can appreciate Man U for what they are, a great team. I don't even mind Ronaldo too much but am extremely jealous that Carrick (named after a great baker's) is there.

Can anyone explain how he never ended up on Newcastle's books, surely your scouts keep an eye on Wallsend Boys club

Can anyone explain how he never ended up on Newcastle's books, surely your scouts keep an eye on Wallsend Boys club

Bobby Robson wanted him when he was at West Ham but we went for Nicky Butt instead, I've no idea how we missed him earlier.

Guest palnese

keegan shut down the academy /reserves?

keegan shut down the academy /reserves?

He's a missionary. We send them out.

Pretty sure he was on the books but couldn't see any route to the first team when the reserve team was withdrawn, so went to Wham. Not sure how old he was.