The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Does anyone know whether you need a tv license to watch MoTD on the internet? We have a tv license for the kitchen tv but lately we've been getting letters from the licensing company saying that someone's been illegally watching tv so I'm wondering if it's me....

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/information/students.jsp  :thup:

Your hall probably has a licence covering TVs in communal areas, but this won't cover a TV in your room. So, if you're planning to watch TV in your room, make sure you're covered by a valid licence.

So that answers it.

Guest Heneage

Ronaldo for all his talent is an absolute baby sometime, the sooner someone shows a set of bollocks and sends him off for kicking players the better. Two arms on his shoulder of Pedersen as well.

Never a penalty for Pedersen.

Pedersen was looking for the easy way out the soft biatch.

That tiny Rafael had his hands on him for one second and didn't even pull him.

Pedersen is a pansy. I would fine him for going down in that situation.

How many times has Ronaldo and Rooney kicked out at other players this season and not been sent off? Rooney, iirc, did it twice against Stoke away and Ronaldo was also in on the action that day, but that's just one example of the many, many times that they've escaped punishment.

I love how Hansen's taking the piss out of Allardyce for that body language comment :lol: classic

Did you watch the same match mate? Deffo penalty had the opponent been any other than Manchester United.

And by the way, some of the comments by some of you here going "giving a penalty isn't the same as giving a free-kick." Are you dumb? You're not meant to do fouls at all, and when you do, you get punished. And the rule book is the same even if it's on the other side of the pitch or in the opponent's penalty area. You stop the play and it's a free-kick or a penalty. Simple as. I'd go on but I'm tired, someone else who knows how it's like will probably pick up my side of an eventual argument from here on out  :pow:

Did you watch the same match mate? Deffo penalty had the opponent been any other than Manchester United.

And by the way, some of the comments by some of you here going "giving a penalty isn't the same as giving a free-kick." Are you dumb? You're not meant to do fouls at all, and when you do, you get punished. And the rule book is the same even if it's on the other side of the pitch or in the opponent's penalty area. You stop the play and it's a free-kick or a penalty. Simple as. I'd go on but I'm tired, someone else who knows how it's like will probably pick up my side of an eventual argument from here on out   :pow:

Not for me.

Pedersen was weak as piss there.

And by the way, some of the comments by some of you here going "giving a penalty isn't the same as giving a free-kick." Are you dumb? You're not meant to do fouls at all, and when you do, you get punished. And the rule book is the same even if it's on the other side of the pitch or in the opponent's penalty area. You stop the play and it's a free-kick or a penalty. Simple as. I'd go on but I'm tired, someone else who knows how it's like will probably pick up my side of an eventual argument from here on out   :pow:

Not for me.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty though.

Not for me.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty though.

That's why I said not for me.

I think it would have been a very soft penalty and Pedersen is one of those who will always go over when given a chance, and I feel that is why he did.

Watch it again and pay attention to the way he actually falls down in relation to how Rafael puts his hands on him.

Pedersen is an ass.

Pathetic attendance at the Riverside.

Really hope they go down!

To be fair you can't blame some of them for not turning up when their team are doing so poorly. But then again they don't turn up when Boro are playing well either.

For the umpteenth time, even if Pedersen had dived the channel after the foul, that shouldn't have had any bearing on the penalty decision itself. Pedersen did go down easily, probably to make a penalty decision more likely, and ended up doing the exact opposite. However, it's a split second decision. He would have burried it if Rafael wouldn't have put him off his balance by holding his shoulder for a very short time. What was he to do except fall given it was an instinctive reaction? Shoot while out of balance and miss and then try to claim a penalty? Not very likely that would have been given. The ref made the wrong decision, the sort of decision that often goes Man U's way these days (I remember a hands ball a couple vs Derby a week or so ago; Portsmouth got burned for a player not even touching the ball with his hand today)..