The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Albet negativity is inevitable, the extremity of it is such that you'd think you were in West Brom's position. Easier said than done but keep your heads, you're not even in the relegation zone at the moment.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'm usually pretty positive but Fulham getting beat by Hull and Blackburn has pretty much ruined any optimism I had.

I'm trying pretty hard to accept relegation so it doesn't hurt so much when the inevitable happens.

Half of our last 10 games are against teams in and around us.

We are playing them at a time when we have key players coming back and gaining fitness.

I'd much rather mid-table security right now but of the relegation candidates we're probably in one of the better positions.

Guest kingdawson

I knew Blackburn would get something today, so i can't say i'm that suprised. Fulham are on a downward spiral.

COME ON ROMA.

How the f*** are we going to get ourselves out of it this time. Things are really looking bleak.

Even if we win on Saturday we're still right in the thick of it and have two unwinnable matches coming up.

It is still in our own hands AND those games aren't unwinnable!!! That mentality deserves Championship football

To be fair though, thats just it, it has now gone out of our hands and we are relying on other results.

No it hasn't.

There are 3 teams below us, 2 of which we have to play and the other is 6 points behind. Looking above, we play 3 of the 5 teams immediately above us.

Guest Nufc4Life

I honestly think we'll beat Pompey, Boro and Fulham at Home. But will that be enough? Because i think thats the only points we're going to get for the rest of the season

I honestly think we'll beat Pompey, Boro and Fulham at Home. But will that be enough? Because i think thats the only points we're going to get for the rest of the season

Yep. I have us getting 9 points as well. Though I would guess a draw with Boro with two other draws coming elsewhere.

Guest kingdawson

So Montella's taking a pen then.

Btw i did the bbc predictor yesterday but i decided against posting it on here (due to the fact that i'm nearly always right).

I was surprised to see that Blackburn result.

I've always been in the "at least worse teams than Newcastle" camp, but results seem to be going against you at the moment.

Still, there's a lot of football left to be played.

Guest Nufc4Life

The problem is, obviously if we lose to Hull we're not mathematically down, but i fear it will suck so much confidence, well what little confidence they have left, out of them. If we lose we're in the bottom 3 on Saturday night, guaranteed, i dont know if the players could cope with that.

Come on Roma!

Double whammy this for us. If we finish fourth and Arsenal win the CL (which they won't, but hey ho), we get no CL. We're also not going to finish fourth, so it probably wont matter in any case, but I want them out anyway.

Guest davidthoris

Foom the Live Commentary on Soccernet.com

"120'  Blackburn have won at Fulham in the Premier League which means I feel sick. I'm a Newcastle fan you see."