The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

They'll go on to win it now. Scraping though yet again. Can't stand them, I wish them all the worst.

They reek of Boro 05/06, or whenever it was, when they barely squeezed past the OK-ish sides then got Sevilla in the final. There's two or three quality outfits still in it this year, and the same thing will happen imo. They'll get trounced by someone who is actually deserving of winning the competition.

They'll go on to win it now. Scraping though yet again. Can't stand them, I wish them all the worst.

They reek of Boro 05/06, or whenever it was, when they barely squeezed past the OK-ish sides then got Sevilla in the final. There's two or three quality outfits still in it this year, and the same thing will happen imo. They'll get trounced by someone who is actually deserving of winning the competition.

PSG, Dynamo Kiev, Hamburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Udinese, Marseille and Werder Bremen. There are alot of good teams still playing. Every team left is full of talent and quite a few of them have extensive European pedigree. No idea why anyone would think City are "nailed on" to win. Also, Allez l'OM!!

PSG, Dynamo Kiev, Hamburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Udinese, Marseille and Werder Bremen. There are alot of good teams still playing. Every team left is full of talent and quite a few of them have extensive European pedigree. No idea why anyone would think City are "nailed on" to win. Also, Allez l'OM!!

I didn't say they're nailed on to win, I just think it'd be typical if they scrape through.

Guest Heneage

I didn't say they're nailed on to win, I just think it'd be typical if they scrape through.

Yeah and just like Boro they will get smashed in the final.

Seems like a decent atmosphere for this Seattle v NY match...

:coat:

(edit) Jesus Christ. Seattle scored and they set off fireworks and dropped confetti. It's the first fucking game!

That forward (Monterro or something) looks pretty handy.  Really hustles the ball off the back four and makes a general nuiscense about himself.  Like they asked Keller after the match "how long do you think you'll be able to hold onto him?"  He scored 43 goals in two seasons or something like that in the Columbian league.  Doesn't turn 22 until July.

I'm happy Aalborg went out. Couldn't stand the sight of a Scandinavian club in the Quarter Finals of the UEFA Cup that wasn't Norwegian. Fuck Denmark and Sweden, fuck them to hell. :pow:

Fuck you. ;)

That forward (Monterro or something) looks pretty handy.  Really hustles the ball off the back four and makes a general nuiscense about himself.  Like they asked Keller after the match "how long do you think you'll be able to hold onto him?"  He scored 43 goals in two seasons or something like that in the Columbian league.  Doesn't turn 22 until July.

That Colombian kid looked like a prospect.

I can't wait till City play a good side. Its an embarrassment that they got to penalties against Aalborg.

Shut up, dude! we are a good side and we should have gone through.....maybe we werent better over the 2 matches but we showed heart yesterday....which they didn´t....they deserved to fail!

Still weeping :weep: but at least we failed with honor!

AaB :smitten:

Guest Heneage

I can't wait till City play a good side. Its an embarrassment that they got to penalties against Aalborg.

Shut up, dude! we are a good side and we should have gone through.....maybe we werent better over the 2 matches but we showed heart yesterday....which they didn´t....they deserved to fail!

Still weeping :weep: but at least we failed with honor!

AaB :smitten:

Oh no its nothing personal. I'm a big fan of Aalborg they've done tremendous with such limited resources but when you compare that to cheque book of City they should really win.

And welcome to the latest in random Everton games bemusingly being shown live on TV.

Spurs Chelsea not televised, because Pompey Everton is going to light up your Saturday early-afternoons.

Guest Heneage

And welcome to the latest in random Everton games bemusingly being shown live on TV.

Spurs Chelsea not televised, because Pompey Everton is going to light up your Saturday early-afternoons.

I hope you maul them 4-0.