The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Didn't see any of the games tonight, but by the sounds of it Barca played sex wee football ?

Basically, if the 1st half of Barca and the Apprentice (i.e. Kate) were on at the same time, I'd have spontaneously combust.

Are you happy tonight, Neil?  :iamatwat:

Didn't see any of the games tonight, but by the sounds of it Barca played sex wee football ?

Basically, if the 1st half of Barca and the Apprentice (i.e. Kate) were on at the same time, I'd have spontaneously combust.

Are you happy tonight, Neil?  :iamatwat:

:smug:

:shifty:

The "F*ck your history, we're going to Rome" chant the Chelsea fans sang to the Liverpool "Istanbul" chant made me titter.

They sang the exact same song last year but replaced 'Rome' with 'Moscow'.

tbh, bayern were just terrible

They were absolutely rubbish tbh, and I'm quite surprised at that. It's unusual for a german team to be as unprepared as they obviously were last night. Having said that, Messi, Xavi, Etoo and Henry were on top form last night. Man of the match for me though? Andres Iniesta. What a player!!

I decided to watch Barca last night, which was one of my better decisions.

I've seen the Chelsea goals, and it looks like two completed unchallenged headers on the edge of the six yard box, from a player not especially renowned for his power in the air. It seems that when this zonal marking goes wrong, it goes wrong big time.

How good is Iniesta?

I saw him play as a 16 year old at Durham and he was the best player in the Spain squad(which included Fernando Torres).

My favourite Barca player  :smitten:

How good is Iniesta?

I saw him play as a 16 year old at Durham and he was the best player in the Spain squad(which included Fernando Torres).

My favourite Barca player  :smitten:

Iniesta is so underrated on these shores, it's unbelievable.

I wonder if little Stevie has climbed out of Essiens pocket yet...

The person who people seem to think is the best midfielder in the world was completely outplayed by the person who actually is.

I love Essien. Absolute beast of a player.

Guest firetotheworks

I just want to say, for no real reason, that as a player, I fucking love Michael Essien. Born to play football.

I just want to say, for no real reason, that as a player, I f***ing love Michael Essien. Born to play football.

True that. If Ferguson had bagged him when he left Lyon, they would have won the title since then in consecutive years. Can't believe he keeps getting overlooked as a top player. Maybe it's his late run of injuries.

Imagine we'd got Essien from Bastia, and then Torres in 2005 had Owen turned us down? :lol:

We'd have no doubt f*cked up their careers, Owen would have had 50+ goals for England and been back at Liverpool, and Essien would be at someone like Stoke.

Guest firetotheworks

To think that instead of Carrick we got Butt and instead of Torres we got Owen. Fucks sake.

I just want to say, for no real reason, that as a player, I fucking love Michael Essien. Born to play football.

:nods:

I love Essien, everything about him is just class. Scolari would still have been manager of Chelsea had he not been injured.

Guest firetotheworks

To think that instead of Carrick we got Butt and instead of Torres we got Owen. f***s sake.

On the flipside though, we did get Robert & Bellamy instead of Zenden & Jeffers.

Touche', and Ginola instead of Solako.

Just saw Marquez getting deliberately booked for time-wasting, so he will only miss the 2nd leg, rather than a more important match. Crafty.

I'd laugh if he got dropped for the semi-final.