The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Hibbert is getting owned today.

Before Milner's goal, i was going to write a post where i big myself up about stating months back, that Everton will finish above Villa. They still will though.

Guest Heneage

Since when has Milner taken a free-kick like that?

His crossing has been excellent today as well.

Still lacks consistency.

Guest kingdawson

Richard Dunne is such a calamity. Already made 2 howlers in 7 minutes of football. He's soooooo bad it's untrue.

Fulham should be ahead by now.

Richard Dunne is such a calamity. Already made 2 howlers in 7 minutes of football. He's soooooo bad it's untrue.

Fulham should be ahead by now.

His ben decent for the last couple of seasons but this season has been a complete write off for him.

He's not called the Honey Monster for no reason you know. :kinnear:

Guest kingdawson

Thank God we got Colo instead of Dunne lol

I remember when both you lot and us were linked with him in the summer, and a certain poster (Kaka) was having a go at me because i said Dunne was rubbish, and i wouldn't take him at spurs.

Thank God we got Colo instead of Dunne lol

I remember when both you lot and us were linked with him in the summer, and a certain poster (Kaka) was having a go at me because i said Dunne was rubbish, and i wouldn't take him at spurs.

It's unfair having a go at Kaka, he can't help it.

Guest kingdawson

Tbf you were talking out your arse at the time KD. Dunne was really good last season.

You could clearly see he was being carried by the faster players around him. He would constantly make these little errors last season, that the opposition failed to take advantage off. I said that him and Woodgate would be the worst cb pairing you could ever imagine, because they simply don't compliment eachother.

He's been the worst cb in the League this season for sure.

First live Everton game in a while that I really enjoyed. Both teams were relatively free from pressure, and it showed, both just going for the win.

The 3rd goal from us was a joy, something we just simply haven't done enough in recent times. Simple passing and moving, dragging the defence about, waiting for a gap, then suddenly a bit of movement, and our best player Pienaar with a delightful finish.

The other main plus point was Fellaini. He still is far from complete, but he's starting to get a bit of form. His awareness needs to improve but he's getting there.

On the downside, it's clear why most of our away wins are tight games, usually 1-0. Albeit it was good to see us go for it today, they just exploited the space more and more as the game went on. Only gripe regarding the refereeing I can really have was the 2nd goal, a harsh call to give a foul IMO. Awesome goal though.

Also, beginning to dislike Young. Successive attempts at conning the referee into giving a pen were fortunately unsuccessful.

But yes, a cracking game  :thup:

Edit: Would have been better if we got dominated but nicked a 3-2 win in the 94th minute.  :shifty: