The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Lyon getting beat off Monaco, could this be the season they don't win the league? I don't think it is coincidence that this is Boumsongs first full season at Lyon either.

Bloody Monaco. Can't keep a lead. Didn't see the match, but the result is not a surprise. Lyon have been drawing at home constantly this year. This is Marseille's year. I was able to catch some of the second half of our match against Grenoble after church, and we were awesome again. Taye Taiwo is an absolute monster. His defending has improved, and he still has a rocket of a left foot, shown by his two goals today. Can't believe some of my more ignorant countrymen think that the waster Celestine Babayaro was ever better than this man. Besides that, the team is in absolutely fantastic form. Some great victories recently The title race remains incredibly tight though. Top six could all win. Lyon v. Bordeaux next week should be a great match. Really loving the Ligue this year.

*Boumsong is a decent player man. :lol: I know it's had to believe, but he's pretty solid. Don't know how he gets into the French NT though.

I miss Emre (for no good reason). :(

At least he gave us the illusion that we had some quality in midfield.

He was injured all the time, had a ridiculously hot temper and was miles better in theory than in practice.

I still miss him.

Lyon getting beat off Monaco, could this be the season they don't win the league? I don't think it is coincidence that this is Boumsongs first full season at Lyon either.

Bloody Monaco. Can't keep a lead. Didn't see the match, but the result is not a surprise. Lyon have been drawing at home constantly this year. This is Marseille's year. I was able to catch some of the second half of our match against Grenoble after church, and we were awesome again. Taye Taiwo is an absolute monster. His defending has improved, and he still has a rocket of a left foot, shown by his two goals today. Can't believe some of my more ignorant countrymen think that the waster Celestine Babayaro was ever better than this man. Besides that, the team is in absolutely fantastic form. Some great victories recently The title race remains incredibly tight though. Top six could all win. Lyon v. Bordeaux next week should be a great match. Really loving the Ligue this year.

*Boumsong is a decent player man. :lol: I know it's had to believe, but he's pretty solid. Don't know how he gets into the French NT though.

I like watching Bordeaux & think Blanc has done a great job there. What do you thin of  Sow at Rennes, I dont think he the best thing going but I like how attacks, runs at people & his cross yesterday was brilliant.

Actually mate, I can only think of Fellaini elbowing intentionally in one other game against Hull at home. All his yellows have been for clumsy fouls and often pretty harshly, not for use of the elbow.

:lol: Did you just see MOTD2?

Actually mate, I can only think of Fellaini elbowing intentionally in one other game against Hull at home. All his yellows have been for clumsy fouls and often pretty harshly, not for use of the elbow.

:lol: Did you just see MOTD2?

Yeah. They showed today, the Hull game I mentioned and one other game after they trawled through the entire seasons footage. It's not like I was wildly out. :)

What the fuck was that post-match analysis all about anyway?!

I can't believe they didn't even show the free kick incident, nevermind debate it. They did a hatchet job on Hibbert rather than highlight that Young had a cracking game, bit over the top I thought. Then instead of highlighting some of the great passing football we played today they highlight... Phil Neville mopping up loose balls? Wtf. Who wants to see that shit?

Piss poor.

Guest Heneage

I've never seen Emre take a corner that went past the first man when he was here!

Aye but look at his goals agains Reading and Everton mate, could you see anyone of our current crop producing that?

Some pretty shite analysis of our game. Completely ignoring the masses of good passing play we did today, nor did they highlight the blatantly wrong decision for their 2nd goal.

Guest firetotheworks

Some pretty s**** analysis of our game. Completely ignoring the masses of good passing play we did today, nor did they highlight the blatantly wrong decision for their 2nd goal.

Welcome to our world.

Some pretty shite analysis of our game. Completely ignoring the masses of good passing play we did today, nor did they highlight the blatantly wrong decision for their 2nd goal.

Good to see they highlighted Fellaini's elbows, mind.

Moyes sounded a bit like Phil Brown after the match.

They asked the two blokes on the sofa who would finish higher, one perched himself on the fence, and one said Everton. Atlhough it was Steve Claridge who wouldn't give us credit if his life depended on it, the bluenose wanker.

Some of your passing was very good today, true, but you pretty much disappeared in the second half, bar Pienaar's excellent goal out of nothing.

All fans think the media hate their club. They don't.

Anyway, lighten up, fifth or sixth, who cares, that's where we'll both finish. In the wider scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. We're both headed for the Europa League, or whatever the marketing twats in Geneva have opted to call it.

Some pretty s**** analysis of our game. Completely ignoring the masses of good passing play we did today, nor did they highlight the blatantly wrong decision for their 2nd goal.

Good to see they highlighted Fellaini's elbows, mind.

Moyes sounded a bit like Phil Brown after the match.

They asked the two blokes on the sofa who would finish higher, one perched himself on the fence, and one said Everton. Atlhough it was Steve Claridge who wouldn't give us credit if his life depended on it, the bluenose w*****.

Some of your passing was very good today, true, but you pretty much disappeared in the second half, bar Pienaar's excellent goal out of nothing.

All fans think the media hate their club. They don't.

Anyway, lighten up, fifth or sixth, who cares, that's where we'll both finish. In the wider scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. We're both headed for the Europa League, or whatever the marketing twats in Geneva have opted to call it.

I was fairly light, I just can't help but feel it could have been more  :razz:

And precisely. It'll be 5th or 6th in some order, and today was a game I could sit back and enjoy knowing it was unlikely to do much damage regardless, and I was just pleased both sides played with freedom and produced an excellent game.

I've never seen Emre take a corner that went past the first man when he was here!

I think I remember one. It was against Birmingham, Emre came on as a sub when it was 1-1 and as he was walking towards the corner flag our fans started to clap for him  so he turned towards them, clapped back then whipped in a perfect ball around the near post where Beye headed it in. Was a class moment tbh.