The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Bordeaux lead Lyon 1-0 at HT. If Lyon lose they'll be four points adrift. I'd prefer a draw though since that would put us a full three points ahead of any challengers.

how many teams do you follow you  :kinnear:

4. Newcastle, Olympique Marseille, Ibadan Shooting Stars, and any incarnation of the Nigerian men's or women's national teams.

Anyway, Bordeaux still lead. Lyon don't look good at all.

What do you think about Mbami? Can he strengthen us? I know he is a liability when it comes to bookings, but he certainly has the physique to cope with the English football.

Not a fan of M'bami at all really. I mean he would strengthen us at that position, but I'm pretty sure I would as well tbh :lol:. Charles Kabore, a young Burkinabe footballer, is a much better midfielder who can also fill in defence and has time on his side. Lorik Cana is a better option as well. So, I guess M'bami is exactly the kind of player we need, but he's not really of the quality I would hope the club would pursue. However, he would probaly be available for a low fee, as he rarely plays.

Guest sicko2ndbest

get in!

I hopr they take an absolute battering really fuk their confidence up for Monday night

Watching Chelsea/Everton....they keep going on about Alex tripping Baines. At the risk of looking like a twat, Alex hangs his leg out, makes contact with the ball and then the man. Is that classed as stonewall these days? It wasn't given btw, for those not watching.

Hoping Pompey get something myself.

If Man U make the CL final and have the league wrapped up going into the final weekend, Hull will beat them.

On the other hand, you get the fringe players giving 110% effort to try and force their way into the Champions League Final team, and hammer Hull anyway.

Hoping Pompey get something myself.

If Man U make the CL final and have the league wrapped up going into the final weekend, Hull will beat them.

On the other hand, you get the fringe players giving 110% effort to try and force their way into the Champions League Final team, and hammer Hull anyway.

If portsmouth had won they'd have been more or less safe from relegation which is the last thing we want at this point, the more teams in it the better. Especially with some of the fixtures they have...they'll have a big say in which sides are down in it...the more motivated they are the better.