The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Wenger saying they will do it tonight? f*** off.

Arsenal getting to the CL final is almost as ridiculous a notion as Spurs breaking the top 4.

and Watford actually doing something productive?

Their manager isn't a cheating, fat, Wii-playing c***

hth

Which is why they'll never make the premier league again.

That's because we're not a big club. But, I do think we have a very good shot at getting into the play-offs next season. Brendan Rodgers has done a fantastic job so far, we were 22nd (I think) when he took over, yet we finished 13th with some of the best form in the Championship and a formidable home record (rather unlike last season!). We've got a decent bunch of players and with the right additions next season, we ought to be challenging for the play-offs at least. Realism, get with it.  :snod:

realism? you having a laugh?. You're boasting about Brendon rodgers achievements?. If you've forgotten, we were 20th when Redknapp took over, and now we're fighting for Europe, but i'm not the one claiming we're gonna do this and that next season. Anyway top six isnt even realistic for you lot anyway when you take into account the teams that could drop down, plus even the ones comming up look dangerous.

Wouldn't be suprised if Peterbrorough and Leeds if they come up, finish above you lot tbh.

Arsenal getting to the CL final is almost as ridiculous a notion as Spurs breaking the top 4.

hth

That's because we're not a big club. But, I do think we have a very good shot at getting into the play-offs next season. Brendan Rodgers has done a fantastic job so far, we were 22nd (I think) when he took over, yet we finished 13th with some of the best form in the Championship and a formidable home record (rather unlike last season!). We've got a decent bunch of players and with the right additions next season, we ought to be challenging for the play-offs at least. Realism, get with it.  :snod:

realism? you having a laugh?. You're boasting about Brendon rodgers achievements?. If you've forgotten, we were 20th when Redknapp took over, and now we're fighting for Europe, but i'm not the one claiming we're gonna do this and that next season. Anyway top six isnt even realistic for you lot anyway when you take into account the teams that could drop down, plus even the ones comming up look dangerous.

Wouldn't be suprised if Peterbrorough and Leeds if they come up, finish above you lot tbh.

Spurs signed Luka Modric, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Vedran Corluka in the summer. These are just some of the players Redknapp inherited.

Watford signed Rasiak and Rodgers inherited Lloyd Doyley amongst others. Why the hell is this comparison even taking place? :lol:

Guest gggg

This is all building up to one of my best days as a football fan: Barcelona thumping Man Utd in the CL final. Here's really, really hoping.

Just like they did last year, and against Chelsea...

Still waiting to see them SCORE against a decent team.

This is all building up to one of my best days as a football fan: Barcelona thumping Man Utd in the CL final. Here's really, really hoping.

What the hell?! They did it 6 bloody times on Saturday! :lol:

3 matches that they thoroughly controlled and conceded only 1 goal, and you decide that they haven't scored against a decent team?

Obviously my credibility is at stake tomorrow :razz:

Guest gggg

Real Madrid need a whole new defence and strikeforce to be anywhere near decent, probably a couple of midfielders aswell.

Real Madrid need a whole new defence and strikeforce to be anywhere near decent, probably a couple of midfielders aswell.

And the 100 goals they scored in the league? 9 against Atletico, a team whom Liverpool managed just one (and a dodgy one too). It's fun employing flimsy logic to support your claims, innit?

3 matches that they thoroughly controlled and conceded only 1 goal, and you decide that they haven't scored against a decent team?

Man U last season and Chelsea this year have basically parked the bus in front of the goal against Barcelona. Man u did it home and away, and I expect Chelsea will be pretty defensive at home as well tomorrow. I don't blame them, but it speaks volumes about their fear of going toe to toe against Barca in an attacking contest.

hth

Darren Ferguson is horribly overrated and they aren't that great a side. What happened last time we played Leeds? I forget.

Our squad is/was shit when Rodgers took over, all we had is Tommy Smith. The rest of our players were playing/were terrible. You had/have a squad of good players potentially capable of beating most sides on your day. Sides coming down, I don't give a crap about them.

Other than West Brom, I can assure you that any other side coming down will more than likely have issues with adjusting to the different demands of the Championship and the sheer shock of every team upping their game to play against them. (Unless Hull go down, in which case they'll do shit anyway). It's not as though Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Crystal Palace, Derby, Sheffield United etc. bounced straight back up with no problem whatsoever, is it?

With the right stuff done in the summer regarding transfers, we will be challenging for play-offs, at least we should be. I've seen us get into the top 6 of the CCC before, I'm pretty sure I know what it takes. Big names are not necessarily it. A stable manager, consistent team and team spirit, with a couple of quality players and a solid squad will put you in contention for a good Championship finish. This is fact.

We should have stability next season under Rodgers, he plays football the right way and has got a lot out of some shit players. Unless we have a severely disappointing season, top 10 really shouldn't be out of our grasp. The likes of Burnley, Swansea etc. don't have 'outstanding' players, they are simply stable. Same with Preston this season, in the play-offs. Either way, if we do fail to succeed and retain Danny Rose, it'll probably all be his fault anyway.

:kinnear:

:laugh:

Man U last season and Chelsea this year have basically parked the bus in front of the goal against Barcelona. Man u did it home and away, and I expect Chelsea will be pretty defensive at home as well tomorrow. I don't blame them, but it speaks volumes about their fear of going toe to toe against Barca in an attacking contest.

But it's not about an attacking contest is it? Surely it's about coming out as winners of the cup tie?

Can they appeal for that?

Who gives a fuck?

Sorry for asking like, read the thread title you tit

Yeah you a Man u fan?

Then I ask again who gives a fuck mong boy

Should it matter  :rolleyes:

Yeah tbh it should

You're a grade A tosser anyway so I don't expect any better from you

:lol:

So you have to support whatever team is involved to be able to have an opinion? How about just wanting something to be fair?

Don't bother answering... I'm not a fan of your opinion so I don't give a toss.

Go back to your empty sub standard forum and spout your opinion there.

Guest gggg

I struggle to think of a weaker Real Madrid I've ever seen than the current one, even the 1995 version that got destroyed at home to Ajax had Redondo and a young Raul. If they can win 17 out of 18 games with a back four of Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze it doesn't say much for the competition. Sevilla are 18 points behind for christ's sake.

For those who thought that Ronaldo's freekick was ordinary you should take a look at the replays from behind the freekick. The ball must have moved about 3 times in the air. Almunia will not have seen it and could not have judged its flight

But it's not about an attacking contest is it? Surely it's about coming out as winners of the cup tie?

That's true, but it's not the point I was making.

I struggle to think of a weaker Real Madrid I've ever seen than the current one, even the 1995 version that got destroyed at home to Ajax had Redondo and a young Raul. If they can win 17 out of 18 games with a back four of Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze it doesn't say much for the competition. Sevilla are 18 points behind for christ's sake.

What part of that back four is supposed to be unimpressive? ???

I mean, Pepe's a nutjob yes, but other than that.

Gago, Guti, Mahamadou Diarra, Robben, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Raul, Higuain, V. Nistelrooy and Huntelaar aren't too shabby like..

Hardly need a new strikeforce and midfield.

Who gives a fuck?

Yeah you a Man u fan?

Yeah tbh it should

So you have to support whatever team is involved to be able to have an opinion? How about just wanting something to be fair?

:clap: :clap:

Where does your sudden huge sense of ownership of N-O come from?

Go pass out in an alleyway already.

Who gives a fuck?

Yeah you a Man u fan?

Yeah tbh it should

:clap: :clap:

Where does your sudden huge sense of ownership of N-O come from?

Go pass out in an alleyway already.

What's it say about your forum when you spend 90% of your time on here

Just renounce the domain and move on m4tt, Ne5 talks more sense than you