The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest quklaani

Apparently Lampard's goal took a deflection, I honestly thought that didn't happen anymore.  Superfwank.

Villa are almost scarily good in terms of results (obviously I was watching a different game,) as soon as it came up saying they'd gone 1 down I knew they'd win.  They're every bit as good as the rest of the big teams this season, I mean you can say they might not be playing all that well, but we're woeful at present and can't stop winning.  Going to be interesting to see how they do without Young for a couple of games though.  I hope Everton win on monday obviously, but I really hope they win for the sake of the league, a top six all that closely packed together will make the rest of the season brilliant.

edit: Oh and I know people are still reluctant to say it, not least Villa fans themselves, but they're in the title race.

Apparently Lampard's goal took a deflection, I honestly thought that didn't happen anymore.  Superfwank.

Villa are almost scarily good in terms of results (obviously I was watching a different game,) as soon as it came up saying they'd gone 1 down I knew they'd win.  They're every bit as good as the rest of the big teams this season, I mean you can say they might not be playing all that well, but we're woeful at present and can't stop winning.  Going to be interesting to see how they do without Young for a couple of games though.  I hope Everton win on monday obviously, but I really hope they win for the sake of the league, a top six all that closely packed together will make the rest of the season brilliant.

edit: Oh and I know people are still reluctant to say it, not least Villa fans themselves, but they're in the title race.

We are scarily resilient.

There's a world of difference in quality between us and Man United, I think, but the thing we do which they (you) do, is we never, ever give up.

What is cheering me is that people who don't watch us all season are saying "they'll have a bad patch". Well, this IS our bad patch,  we are playing well, well within ourselves, and we've still won six of our last seven games.

I think we'll finish fourth at absolute best, but even so, if we start to play as well as we can soon, it'll be a pretty good season.

Incidentally, re Young, one of his ban games will be the cup tie against Cheltenham or Doncaster, I think.

Go on the Villa, that's what I say. Proper club, play proper football with proper players. Don't begrudge you lot anything and you're one of the few things in football generally that warms the cockles.

Just wish we were up there with you.

Go on the Villa, that's what I say. Proper club, play proper football with proper players. Don't begrudge you lot anything and you're one of the few things in football generally that warms the cockles.

I agree, Graeme. :razz:

Nah, seriously i do. I keep saying it; intensely jealous of Villa.

Guest quklaani

They're on one aren't they?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Qu_klaani/bottom12.jpg

Imagine if it stays this tight til the last few fixtures, it'll be crazy.

Guest toonlass

This

I'm not buying this "bad patch" stuff one bit tbh. Villa have apparently "not played well" virtually all season. "Imagine what we can do when we're playing at our best!"

Rubbish, in my eyes. I see nothing to suggest Villa can consistently play much better than they are at the moment from now until the end of the season. A few good performances got the mouth watering on occasion, but other than that, it's been so-so. Bad patch? Normal standard, I'd argue.

I wish them all the best, and I really hope they continue to stick in there with the title race, because at the moment they are certainly in it. When some injuries hit and the breaks stop coming though, we'll see what they're really made of.