The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Portsmouth are going down, I'm fairly certain of that now.

We should have put 5 past them last week, they were terrible.

I watched that game and they created as many clear-cut chances to be fair.

haha, was just about to write the same, if Pompey was terrible that game Spurs was just the same

WHAT? they created 2 or 3 chances. We just didn't have our shooting boots on. Think the stats showed we had 20+ shots and they had about 5.

Note the words, "clear cut".

Guest Heneage

Got to feel bad for Portsmouth. They have been so much better than Villa.

Pennant doesn't get enough credit as a footballer. So much better than the likes of Lennon and Milner.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Being fair KD, he was good tonight I thought, I don't rate the two mentioned either really.

I think it's time to put a bid in for Kranjcar.

Villa playing shit again and winning

Satrting to really piss me off

That's how we play away from home.

Is that six away league games won in a row?

It obviously works.

Incidentally, no John Carew for 3 months, no Wilfred Bouma for the entire season, and Martin Laursen out for 2 months now.

It obviously works.

Incidentally, no John Carew for 3 months, no Wilfred Bouma for the entire season, and Martin Laursen out for 2 months now.

Why doesn't playing shit away from home work for us?

It obviously works.

Why doesn't playing shit away from home work for us?

We were poor in the second half, but I never thought for a nanosecond that we wouldn't win.

I just don't feel that way. And I'm a relatively cynical type

Guest Geordiesned

Belhadj off for Pompey - no worse than what Rooney does every fucking week but never gets booked for.

I reckon the ref probably watched the 1st half incident back at half time and realised he should have sent him off and was just waiting for an opportunity to dish out a 2nd yellow.

Belhadj off for Pompey - no worse than what Rooney does every fucking week but never gets booked for.

I reckon the ref probably watched the 1st half incident back at half time and realised he should have sent him off and was just waiting for an opportunity to dish out a 2nd yellow.

In theory its probably true but he shouldn't do that as a referee, should treat each decision seperately.

Guest quklaani

2146: Roman Bednar is booked by the increasingly unpopular Rob Styles (is he welcome anywhere anymore?) for rounding the keeper and slotting in after being flagged for offside. Silly officiating.

what a f***ing c*** that man is.

His reaction was great, Styles was gagging to send him off but probably didn't want to incite a riot.

Villa now have the best away record in the league.  It must be difficult being an Arsenal fan at the moment, but then they keep winning despite playing shite themselves.

Guest kingdawson

Pennant doesn't get enough credit as a footballer. So much better than the likes of Lennon and Milner.

Being fair KD, he was good tonight I thought, I don't rate the two mentioned either really.

Have you seen Lennon this season? he's been immense. When Kaka says that Pennant is a better "footballer" then him, i somewhat see his point (altough i completely disagree with it), but his point becomes void when he also states that he's also a better "footballer" then Milner.

By using the term footballer, i assumed he was basing his judgement on technique alone but then Milner is twice the player Pennant is, when it comes to that.

Guest Heneage

Have you seen Lennon this season? he's been immense. When Kaka says that Pennant is a better "footballer" then him, i somewhat see his point (altough i completely disagree with it), but his point becomes void when he also states that he's also a better "footballer" then Milner.

By using the term footballer, i assumed he was basing his judgement on technique alone but then Milner is twice the player Pennant is, when it comes to that.

Lennon is and always will be a Sprinter who could kick a ball ok to me. He's terribly frustrating you must be seeing something that I'm not as you watch hi more I'll take your word but when I've watched him he's looked infuriating.

I also find HR constant bemoaning of your squad and how poor they are as if anything he achieves even a stretch of 2 wins as Houdini esq. He has a team full of internationals and top players such as Gio Dos Santos, Modric, Bentley, Woodgate, Hutton, Gomes, Bent, and Pav. Its a joke.

Guest quklaani

I checked and Bale has never come on in a league game for Spurs that they've won, so he's still winless.

In fairness he's not really played very much, but no need to let that get in the way of a good laugh.

I checked and Bale has never come on in a league game for Spurs that they've won, so he's still winless.

In fairness he's not really played very much, but no need to let that get in the way of a good laugh.

21 (I think) matches is a fair few to go without a win.

Guest kingdawson

Lennon is and always will be a Sprinter who could kick a ball ok to me. He's terribly frustrating you must be seeing something that I'm not as you watch hi more I'll take your word but when I've watched him he's looked infuriating.

I also find HR constant bemoaning of your squad and how poor they are as if anything he achieves even a stretch of 2 wins as Houdini esq. He has a team full of internationals and top players such as Gio Dos Santos, Modric, Bentley, Woodgate, Hutton, Gomes, Bent, and Pav. Its a joke.

Agreed.

Huge chance now to put some distance between ourselves and the scrap. Chance to really cut Boro, WBA & Stoke adrift.

I am try to have faith and am looking on past form of when Sunderland have had a decent result and gone above us, we seems to have responded the same.

Huge chance now to put some distance between ourselves and the scrap. Chance to really cut Boro, WBA & Stoke adrift.

:nods:

Forget the 40 point stuff. Our short-term target should be to finish above (at least) 3 other teams. We might only need to win another 5 games. Maybe only 4 and a draw here or there.