Gerrard arrested

Shearergol

The judge said it was a fair verdict. I'm pretty sure I could see his You'll Never Walk Alone socks peeking through as he joined in the singing outside the court room.

The law on self defence is somewhat open to argument of a perceived threat and allowed reasonable action to stop that threat. For Gerrard to successfully convince the jury that he hadn't seen his mate standing next to him land a blow and for him to then almost immediately hit the bloke 3 times in self defence is understandly open to question (complete bollocks). He then has to be dragged away in self defence.

If that same bloke had hit Gerrard when he came over with 5 or 6 mates to have a chat about what was his problem and he had pleaded self defence I wonder what the jury's verdict would have been?                                   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sicko2ndbest

Perhaps one of the law bods can explain. He was found not guilty, so there'll basically be a whole new civil trial then? Sounds like that could get very expensive for the DJ if he loses.

He can use one of these no win no fee firms, if they think his case is strong enough

Perhaps one of the law bods can explain. He was found not guilty, so there'll basically be a whole new civil trial then? Sounds like that could get very expensive for the DJ if he loses.

Much easier to win a civil trial - got to prove a much less severe burden of guilt

Much easier to win a civil trial - got to prove a much less severe burden of guilt

No 'Stevie G' loving jury to persuade either.

OJ was found not guilty by a jury but guilty by a civil trial.

No 'Stevie G' loving jury to persuade either.

OJ was found not guilty by a jury but guilty by a civil trial.

I guess that's the clincher. Has the DJ really got that much better a chance of winning in a civil case? Would the court also fine Gerrard or only award damages and costs?

Its more like the OJ Simpson case to me.

Watch out for a book release in 2011 entitled "So what if i did smack the mouthy manc wank?"

I had almost forgot about his proposed book  :facepalm: ;D What a fucking retard.

• 1 month later...

Police have charged a man with burglary and robbery at the home of Liverpool and England footballer Steven Gerrard.

Steven Gerrard

Gerrard's home was raided in 2007

Gerrard's wife Alex Curran, 27, was confronted by four masked raiders at the couple's mansion in Formby, Merseyside, on the evening of December 11, 2007.

She was left shaken but uninjured as the robbers struck while Gerrard, 29, was playing in Liverpool's Champions League tie away to Marseille.

The offenders, who all wore dark clothing, hoods and balaclavas, made off with items of jewellery.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "Police have arrested and charged a 22-year-old man from Stockbridge Village, Liverpool, with burglary and robbery following an incident at a house in Formby on December 11, 2007.

"Martin Wilson will appear at North Sefton Magistrates' Court on October 30."

Could he not just have said that he only burgled the house because he thought the house was about to rob him?

Quite plausible considering the area.

Could he not just have said that he only burgled the house because he thought the house was about to rob him?

What, Formby? Probably one of the most affluent areas outside the South East?

Anyway, doesn't surprise me the offender is from Canny Farm. So bad they tried to rename it Stockbridge Village. They should just bomb the place.

Guest elbee909

Police have charged a man with burglary and robbery at the home of Liverpool and England footballer Steven Gerrard.

Steven Gerrard

Gerrard's home was raided in 2007

Gerrard's wife Alex Curran, 27, was confronted by four masked raiders at the couple's mansion in Formby, Merseyside, on the evening of December 11, 2007.

She was left shaken but uninjured as the robbers struck while Gerrard, 29, was playing in Liverpool's Champions League tie away to Marseille.

The offenders, who all wore dark clothing, hoods and balaclavas, made off with items of jewellery.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "Police have arrested and charged a 22-year-old man from Stockbridge Village, Liverpool, with burglary and robbery following an incident at a house in Formby on December 11, 2007.

"Martin Wilson will appear at North Sefton Magistrates' Court on October 30."

Probably only targeted Gerrard's house in the hope that some of that pixie dust that makes someone unconvictable would rub off on him.