Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Guest toonlass

The fact that none of our senior players out of contract in the summer have commited to a new contract yet (and I know Butt and Ameobi are not the standard we really need but still) and now Shay has seemingly changed his mind about staying (as he said only a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to stay) it makes the situation at the club extremely worrying.

It is not going to send out a good message to prospective signings.

Perhaps he knows there aren't going to be any.

Perhaps he knows who they are, more like. :lol:

:lol:

Either way, the timing of this is hugely significant IMO. :undecided:

It would be gutting to see Shay's name in an opposing team's line-up.

If he goes then I hope it's abroad, to a team that'll win something for him, Arsenal would be better than Spurs or some other mid-table non-entities I suppose.

Do you think that more of the bigger clubs will be interested now that they know there's a genuine chance of him wanting to leave?

Guest toonlass

bad craic, very bad craic

Especially if Harper doesn't sign a new contract. We will be in the shite big time then.

Especially if Harper doesn't sign a new contract. We will be in the shite big time then.

Don't worry, super Dennis and his crack team of superstar hunters will find us the next Buffon for 30p and a packet of pork scratchings. :thup:

Guest toonlass

Don't worry, super Dennis and his crack team of superstar hunters will find us the next Buffon for 30p and a packet of pork scratchings. :thup:

:weep:

If he doesn't want to be here then that's fair enough. He's put 11 years worth of good service and deserves the chance to win a few things before he retires.

Annoyed he's had to do this but let's get the best deal for him. If City are in for him let's start the bidding at £12m. 

It is not going to send out a good message to prospective signings.

Perhaps he knows there aren't going to be any.

Just think if players see Given leaving a club everyone knows he loves and after almost 12 years and with the comments that he has had enough, it sends out the message that the club is going downhill fast.

I think he took Keegan's leaving particularly badly.  I have never seen anyone so elated with a new manager as he was when KK arrived and so upset when he left.  Don't think the JFK appointment impressed him either.

It could be a bit of brinkmanship on his part as it is strange that it has come out in this way - maybe the club are refusing to have a discussion with him like they did with Milner before he put in his transfer request.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

After Keegan's departure after the August transfer window, when there was speculation Ashley had put the entire squad up for sale, the senior players are understood to have been alienated by the lack of communication from the Newcastle hierarchy.

I think that seriously dented morale in the team. The performances straight after Keegan left were abysmal.