Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

so its on the basis of one game  :idiot2:

Be big enough to admit what you know is true instead of this blabbing on that you are doing.

That's basically what you're saying, he was banging on about the clean sheets before playing (edit) Wigan.

Oh, it takes me right back to Pop Robson, and even worse Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle. There's probably more on the way too. Things were never this good in the good old days were they ?

Never mind, the club will be run "responsibly" and we won't have any trophy signings, or debts [or do we ?]

Guest johnson293

I do not doubt he loves the city and the club, it's just the 5-1 defeat was demoralising.  Let's turn it around for him.

I doubt it was this one result thats done it, to be fair - its not the first time he's shipped 5 or more goals - why didn't any of the others results demoralise him in the same manner?

Dec 2000 Arsenal 0-5 (a)

Oct 2002 Blackburn 2-5 (a)

Nov 2002 Man Utd 2-5 (a)

Apr 2003 Man Utd 2-6 (h)

Nov 2003 Chelsea 0-5 (a)

Jan 2007 Birmingham 1-5 (h)

Jan 2008 Man Utd 0-6 (a)

Feb 2008 Man Utd 1-5 (h)

As has been said elsewhere, he's probably had chances before to try and bail out, but stuck with us for one reason or another.

If he gets the chance to join a top 4 side, then I wish him all the best. If he joins Spuds or Citeh, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Oh, it takes me right back to Pop Robson, and even worse Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle. There's probably more on the way too. Things were never this good in the good old days were they ?

Never mind, the club will be run "responsibly" and we won't have any trophy signings, or debts [or do we ?]

Nice one, change the argument because you're struggling again.  :lol:

I do not doubt he loves the city and the club, it's just the 5-1 defeat was demoralising.  Let's turn it around for him.

I doubt it was this one result thats done it, to be fair - its not the first time he's shipped 5 or more goals - why didn't any of the others results demoralise him in the same manner?

Dec 2000 Arsenal 0-5 (a)

Oct 2002 Blackburn 2-5 (a)

Nov 2002 Man Utd 2-5 (a)

Apr 2003 Man Utd 2-6 (h)

Nov 2003 Chelsea 0-5 (a)

Jan 2007 Birmingham 1-5 (h)

Jan 2008 Man Utd 0-6 (a)

As has been said elsewhere, he's probably had chances before to try and bail out, but stuck with us for one reason or another.

If he gets the chance to join a top 4 side, then I wish him all the best. If he joins Spuds or Citeh, I'll be seriously disappointed.

The potential for City is massive though. They just need a top, top manager. Although I think Sven would have been capable enough under this regime as he's always spent money well.

Fully aware of the fallout of Lazio as well btw.

Guest Gonzo52

The big question now will be is he in the team tomorrow, thus becoming cup-tied. It'll be interesting to see whether Ashley decides that he will maximise value of his asset by keeping him out of the team.

Nice one, change the argument because you're struggling again.  :lol:

I'm changing nothing. I take it you aren't big enough to admit what you know is true then ?

Do you think a despicable trophy signing or two would change Givens mind - and persuade Owen to sign as well ?

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane s*** about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to f***!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

GM is absolutely spot on. The truth hurts you doesn't it?

You're not even man enough to take your blinkers off when it comes to Shepherd.

he's completely wrong. Shepherd never had full control, for starters. And when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, they had one foot in the 3rd division and you couldn't sell the club for the price Spurs paid us for Gazza 4 years earlier.

Take your own blinkers off, and see that this is the truth.

Not the point! NUFC has been dicked around with a fair bit in the last 5 years. Ashley has been here 1 and a half of them. You do the maths.

sorry to disappoint you, but only 3 years ago we finished 7th. Only twice between the 1950's and 1992 did we finish seventh or higher.

Thats also true.

It's also true that we kept all our best players happy and still attracted Englands nr 1 goalscorer to the club during that time.

Now. Why don't you be big enough to admit that Ashley is totally screwing the club up, and - never mind this talk of Leeds all the time - taking the club back to where the Halls and Shepherd found it [which is almost as low as Leeds]. One or two people have done this and all credit to them, but one or two notable ones have not and I'm pretty sure won't either.

If i'm agreeing with GM, it means i'm openly saying I think Ashley has made a mess of this so far, and unless there's a drastic change in the way he does things, will continue to do so. I'm calling it as I see it. Just as I did back when Shepherd was chairman, and made a complete mess of it starting with the SBR story, and the subsequent dismantling of his team and allowing Souness anywhere near the club.

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane s*** about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to f***!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

GM is absolutely spot on. The truth hurts you doesn't it?

You're not even man enough to take your blinkers off when it comes to Shepherd.

he's completely wrong. Shepherd never had full control, for starters. And when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, they had one foot in the 3rd division and you couldn't sell the club for the price Spurs paid us for Gazza 4 years earlier.

Take your own blinkers off, and see that this is the truth.

Not the point! NUFC has been dicked around with a fair bit in the last 5 years. Ashley has been here 1 and a half of them. You do the maths.

sorry to disappoint you, but only 3 years ago we finished 7th. Only twice between the 1950's and 1992 did we finish seventh or higher.

Thats also true.

It's also true that we kept all our best players happy and still attracted Englands nr 1 goalscorer to the club during that time.

Now. Why don't you be big enough to admit that Ashley is totally screwing the club up, and - never mind this talk of Leeds all the time - taking the club back to where the Halls and Shepherd found it [which is almost as low as Leeds]. One or two people have done this and all credit to them, but one or two notable ones have not and I'm pretty sure won't either.

If i'm agreeing with GM, it means i'm openly saying I think Ashley has made a mess of this so far, and unless there's a drastic change in the way he does things, will continue to do so. I'm calling it as I see it. Just as I did back when Shepherd was chairman, and made a complete mess of it starting with the SBR story, and the subsequent dismantling of his team and allowing Souness anywhere near the club.

The last board took action to change things when they slipped out of europe, the new lot are happy to just stay in the premiership. Ashley may well dip into the transfer market this window, but its only to try and avoid relegation.

Are you happy with this ?

And do you understand the change in the outlook and ambitions of the club ?

I doubt anyone blames Given for wanting to leave. Hopefully there will be a bidding war for him and NUFC will get extra cash to spend on desperately needed players. As long as any cash made isn't wasted on a Goalkeeper though. Harper with back up from Forster and Krul is good enough for now.

From the choices of Tottenham, Man City or Arsenal I wouldn't be happy if he went to Tottenham. If Man City 'do a Chelsea' and buy their way into the top 4 then they would be a good option but Arsenal seems to be the safe choice.

The exodus begins. If Given leaves Owen will definitely be gone in the Summer.

Mick, NE5.

Please take your argument to PMs. Nobody on this forum wants to read it.

Thanks.

not my intention to "argue" Dave, I thought it was a reasonable, topical comment. Does anyone else think Given may be wanting to leave the club for any other reason that he now feels there is little desire to get back into the top clubs again ?

If mick wishes to leave this unanswered, then of course its his prerogative........

Having thought about this a bit more i think he might just be trying to put pressure on the club to make some signings. If he really wanted to go why not just put in a transfer request? I might just be being naive, but i hope shay is honest enough not to be trying to hang on to his "loyalty" bonus by forcing a transfer without technically asking for one.

We still have the £12 million from selling Milner dont we? Plus the fact our owner is a billionaire. Last thing we need to do is sell players for money. We need to try and convince Shay to stay and the best way to do that is show signs of improvement and ambition. For that reason if we lose Shay then Ashley is responsible. The ball is in his court for this one.

I doubt anyone blames Given for wanting to leave. Hopefully there will be a bidding war for him and NUFC will get extra cash to spend on desperately needed players. As long as any cash made isn't wasted on a Goalkeeper though. Harper with back up from Forster and Krul is good enough for now.

From the choices of Tottenham, Man City or Arsenal I wouldn't be happy if he went to Tottenham. If Man City 'do a Chelsea' and buy their way into the top 4 then they would be a good option but Arsenal seems to be the safe choice.

The exodus begins. If Given leaves Owen will definitely be gone in the Summer.

whats wrong with Spurs ? Our best players have left us before for Spurs ?

I love the hysterical way NE5 deliberately misinterprets and misrepresents other people's comments or arguments, time after time after time.

Brilliant.

Just like King Cnut, as the tide gently laps away at his feet.

It's either comic genius, on a scale not seen here since if heady days of Ridzuan, or it's something else much more amusing...but unintentional. :lol:

Can't believe some folk are attacking Given here. The lad owes us nothing and has put up with being let down by those who run the club for long enough (as we all have) Also with regards to his lawyer - he'll have done nothing without Given's permission to do so.

I have to agree with NE5, that the ambition of the club at the moment is back to the bad old days of the 70's and 80's. Survival is the long-term priority, rather than pushing on and progressing. Ashley wants his hands on the TV money - it's as simple as that.

And if that does turn out to be the truth - how many of you's are prepared to put up with that and still put your hands in your pockets?

Can we fuck off with the boring board bollocks? Take it to PM, or to your shitty little thread, or preferably, take it as far away from my eyes as you can physically fucking get it. It's boring, shit, dull... Basically: not very interesting. It is like reading the stock market. Every minute of the day. And then reading it again just for kicks. It is shit. It is repetetive. It is fucking eye-bleedingly irritating and mind-numbingly, head-fuckingly frustrating. Literally nobody else on the forum cares. Nobody else in the world for that matter. Seriously. Just fuck off with it.

Thanks.

I love the hysterical way NE5 deliberately misinterprets and misrepresents other people's comments or arguments, time after time after time.

Brilliant.

Just like King Cnut, as the tide gently laps away at his feet.

It's either comic genius, on a scale not seen here since if heady days of Ridzuan, or it's something else much more amusing...but unintentional. :lol:

See posts 290, 292 and 295 as well.

You can reply instead of mick if you like, as he doesn't wish to.

Can we fuck off with the boring board bollocks? Take it to PM, or to your shitty little thread, or preferably, take it as far away from my eyes as you can physically fucking get it. It's boring, shit, dull... Basically: not very interesting. It is like reading the stock market. Every minute of the day. And then reading it again just for kicks. It is shit. It is repetetive. It is fucking eye-bleedingly irritating and mind-numbingly, head-fuckingly frustrating. Literally nobody else on the forum cares. Nobody else in the world for that matter. Seriously. Just fuck off with it.

Thanks.

Why don't you tell us why you think Given - and Owen probably - will leave the club then Andy ?

Thanks.

Why don't you tell us why you think Given - and Owen probably - will leave the club then Andy ?

Because we are shit and they are intelligent.