Six million quid

Nicky

He didnt actually say Xisco or Enrique in those quotes.

We (well I imagine most people) know that. Fact is he's been linked with selling them on before and they would seem likely candidates.

Fair enough, although Enrique upped his game after Kinnear's "I could have done something with Enrique" comments, and therefore you would assume isn't one of the 3 that Kinnear will look to ship out.

That's assuming Kinnear's head isn't totally up his own arse of course. He'd have to be thick as pig s*** to sell Enrique for £3m or so when the club signed him for £6m the summer before last and hes only recently shown solid signs of adapting to the league/our team/etc.

I really, really hope Kinnear, Ashley and Wise know what they're up to. I really do.

There's nothing we can do except hope they've got a plan and have players lined up. I've got my own doubts about certain things but I'll see where we are come Feb 2nd. :neutral: 

There's nothing we can do except hope they've got a plan and have players lined up. I've got my own doubts about certain things but I'll see where we are come Feb 2nd. :neutral:  

I think it will mirror the summer - no plan - just a series of lurches from one target to another with no coherent agenda leaving us short.

Apart from Feb 2nd when all bids received are welcome.

Guest Chubby Jason

Mike Ashley is a fat greedy liar, how he possibly thinks we can progress when he releases less funds than teams like Hull and Stoke probably have is beyond me.

He's been nothing but a joke since he bought us, fuck off man.

Guest Chubby Jason

How do you know what funds Stoke and Hull have for this window like?

Just out of interest.

I have no clue, they didn't appoint a manager that tells the world how much money they have to spend. Certainly would not be surprised if they out-spent us in this window though. Ashley was banging on about finishing in the top 6 is his hilarious, zany interview a few weeks back. How could he ever possibly expect that to happen when he's clearly intent on spending next to nothing?

Guest Heneage

a Few weeks ago, so that 'll have been before big old MA took us off the market.  One major reason to be ignorant towards all paper talk.

Is quite funny, when he says anything positive he is "full of shit" when its negative the forum goes mental.

I am not defending Kinnear btw.

Spot on.

I'm not believing a word he's saying, whether its positive or negative.

How do you know what funds Stoke and Hull have for this window like?

Just out of interest.

Word going around is Stoke will have a similar amount to spend as they did in the summer, so, its a lot more than 6. Dunno about Hulls situation though!

Guest black n white

if we shop abroad thats ......eh less

wages are key now

no more will half of these so called footballers be paid a fortune

Dennis Wise still the puppet-master then eh? Very worrying indeed.

Rather him than Kinnear...

Seconded. I hope the £6m transfer kitty is untrue because Mike Ashley isn't going to get the fans back onside if it is.

Dennis Wise still the puppet-master then eh? Very worrying indeed.

Rather him than Kinnear...

Seconded. I hope the £6m transfer kitty is untrue because Mike Ashley isn't going to get the fans back onside if it is.

Its not about how much you spend, its about who you actually spend the money on. Given that I agree 6million isnt enough to strengthen all the areas that we need to strengthen. Mike Ashley has a lot to answer for if he is only releasing that amount of money.  :tickedoff:

I am quite happy with being heavily linked with Kyle Naughton and Michael Kightley, especially Kightley as he will bring something different to our midfield. Him and Jonas on either wing will be good enough. The other areas I feel we have to focus on is central midfield. The reason why our defence becomes under so much pressure is because our two so called key players have absolute no ball retention thus allowing the opposition to continue to put pressure on our back 4. No back 4 in the world could cope with that.......

As for Wise doing the deals, this isnt a bad thing and is only seen as a bad thing amongst fans as he forced Kev out. Wise bought us some good players in the summer especially Bassong so his scouting network isnt that bad....... I'd much rather him sign the players in the areas that Kinnear wants than JFK looking to buy the next John Scales from Mansfield.

Guest johny2k

the guy is doin my head in now, i didn't like the silence before but his constant crap he's talkin now is worse...and we're stuck with him. by the time we get rid of these clowns the club will be put back ten years and i thought shephard was dodgy. why is he sayin yesterday that bids were in now doesn't know his budget??how can bids be in then? he said few weeks ago no1 in the team or on bench would b leavin, that left smith and the tea lady cos our squad is so small, no wonder players want to leave when he's loses credability every day spoutin bollix, he's just a serial liar.

I'm confused.  Are we believing everything we read in the press now then or not?

If there are actual quotes from the man i think its fair to believe. I appreciate that things are often taken out of context with the press and that phrases can often be made to look different when removed from the complete statement but in this case the figures he has stated seem quite clear.

I'm confused.  Are we believing everything we read in the press now then or not?

If there are actual quotes from the man i think its fair to believe. I appreciate that things are often taken out of context with the press and that phrases can often be made to look different when removed from the complete statement but in this case the figures he has stated seem quite clear.

I'm confused.  Are we believing everything Kinear says now then or not?

the guy is doin my head in now, i didn't like the silence before but his constant crap he's talkin now is worse...and we're stuck with him. by the time we get rid of these clowns the club will be put back ten years and i thought shephard was dodgy. why is he sayin yesterday that bids were in now doesn't know his budget??how can bids be in then? he said few weeks ago no1 in the team or on bench would b leavin, that left smith and the tea lady cos our squad is so small, no wonder players want to leave when he's loses credability every day spoutin bollix, he's just a serial liar.

I don't think he is a liar. I think he is genuinely in the dark like the rest of us. That is difficult to comprehend for some people who have JFK as Ashley's mouthpiece feeding the fans and press disinformation to throw them of the scent as Ashley plots in the background.

I really think JFK has no idea of Ashley's intentions, just snippets picked up from within the club and the chaotic and labyrinthine "management structure" which is presiding over the disintegration of the club.