Six million quid

Nicky

I'm confused. Are we believing everything we read in the press now then or not?

If there are actual quotes from the man i think its fair to believe. I appreciate that things are often taken out of context with the press and that phrases can often be made to look different when removed from the complete statement but in this case the figures he has stated seem quite clear.

I'm confused. Are we believing everything Kinear says now then or not?

Ah with that probably not. Just startling things for him to say. Not easily ignored or dismissed. Hope it is a bluff.

This had better be bullshit. We can't afford to sell three players, no matter who they are.

Exactly, we can barely scrape together 11 people to put on the pitch today

Bullshit: xisco, cacapa , kruel , geremi , not to mention ameobi or carrol , butt , enrique , zog if you can get replacments in.

never heard a manager of high profile club talk so much in my life, it's not even that he just talks shite - he just TALKS about stuff that should be kept in house

that's why i think he's tripping himself up so much, he's so desperate to be heard and keep his profile high that he's just saying anything, anything at all

either that or he's fucking retarded

close call

never heard a manager of high profile club talk so much in my life, it's not even that he just talks shite - he just TALKS about stuff that should be kept in house

that's why i think he's tripping himself up so much, he's so desperate to be heard and keep his profile high that he's just saying anything, anything at all

either that or he's fucking retarded

close call

Thats a fair assessment. I think he is an honest enough guy but just doesnt know when to shut up and ends up coming out with all sorts of stuff.

Thats what, 3 bassongs? ;)

People need to get away from the idea that just because we got lucky with one find which looks like a diamond that Wise has a list of similar gems just awaiting signature.

All of our managers/systems as far back as I can remember have had mixed results from transfers and this one is no different. The key is the amount of money available which means that you aren't relying on everyone working out and every Bassong isn't offset by a Xisco.

I mean the latter in terms of working out so far - if this report is right we can't afford to "waste" half of the budget on someone who doesn't make a difference this season.

Guest Phil K

Is quite funny, when he says anything positive he is "full of s***" when its negative the forum goes mental.

I am not defending Kinnear btw.

I agree - but come on, FFS - its not just about Kinnear that happens.

Thats what, 3 bassongs? ;)

People need to get away from the idea that just because we got lucky with one find which looks like a diamond that Wise has a list of similar gems just awaiting signature.

All of our managers/systems as far back as I can remember have had mixed results from transfers and this one is no different. The key is the amount of money available which means that you aren't relying on everyone working out and every Bassong isn't offset by a Xisco.

I mean the latter in terms of working out so far - if this report is right we can't afford to "waste" half of the budget on someone who doesn't make a difference this season.

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Cadbury-Chomp.jpg

;)

"I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together."

"And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge."

If Kinnears comments are true then this is neither driving the club forward, or running the club responsibly.  Selling players at a massive loss (all purchased under Ashley's stewardship if the rumours are true) from an already paper thin squad and investing next to nothing (in football terms) are not a sound way to run a football club. 

The biggest asset that any club has are not the fixtures and fittings, the staduim or the seats inside but the squad.  Under his 'responsible' leadership we have ended up moving from a squad that contained many exciting, talented (admittedly injury prone) individuals to a squad of slow, past it (again injury prone) cloggers with the few decent players we have left being linked with moves away or winding thier contracts down.

Under the previous regime we were able to bring in players, pay the debt, pay the management and pay a dividend to shareholders and still make a profit year on year.  Admittedly last year we didn't have European footbal and the income that generates but that should have been easily offset by the massive cash injection from the SKY money last year.  What has changed in the past year and a half to have us scraping around looking at the likes of Barry Ferguson - strangely enough another injury prone, slow, past it clogger.

Under the previous regime we were able to bring in players, pay the debt, pay the management and pay a dividend to shareholders and still make a profit year on year. 

I don't think we did.

I admit that the 'year on year' part was an exaggeration - but you do that when you're off on a bit a rant.  But we did manage to make a profit from 2002 - 2005 (I think) - which is a hell of a lot more than most of the Premier League Clubs - until the disaster season when we let Souness spunk away any cash that we had.

However, after Ashley 'paid off all of the clubs debt' last year then surely any money coming into the club should be invested back into the club.  So that and the 20 million pound that he invests each year of his own money  :hmm: surely made up for any short fall and sqaud investment.  Unless we made a 50 - 60 million pound loss last year.

Under the previous regime we were able to bring in players, pay the debt, pay the management and pay a dividend to shareholders and still make a profit year on year. 

I don't think we did.

I admit that the 'year on year' part was an exaggeration - but you do that when you're off on a bit a rant.  But we did manage to make a profit from 2002 - 2005 (I think) - which is a hell of a lot more than most of the Premier League Clubs - until the disaster season when we let Souness spunk away any cash that we had.

However, after Ashley 'paid off all of the clubs debt' last year then surely any money coming into the club should be invested back into the club.  So that and the 20 million pound that he invests each year of his own money  :hmm: surely made up for any short fall and sqaud investment.  Unless we made a 50 - 60 million pound loss last year.

After dividends we made a profit in 2 seasons which was £200,000. In the other 7 seasons we made a loss of £62 million.

What helped the club out in the early days was after the club became a PLC a pot of money made from thee float was put to the side to help us with operating costs which was for £40 million iirc, so for that to be empty and the club to still run up £100+ million of debt (stadium was £55m?) shows it wasn't sustainable.

Back to today, I agree that any money should be reinvested back into the squad and for whatever reason that wasn't done in the Summer although I don't think the intention was to break even with Milners transfer request coming late in the window with little chance for it to be reinvested.

£6 million isn't much and I would have thought there would have been more than that, saying that if Ashley is staying and Kinnear isn't here long term then I it wouldn't make much sense to give him the lot anyway.

To be totally honest I am not even sure why I was attempting to use the previous mob as a yard stick for running a football club - we (almost) all know on this board  that they were a bunch of cocks, taking far more out than they put in and pulling out a trophy signing whenever the pressure was on.  Again, it's rant mode and blinkers on.

However, until I'm proven wrong, all I can see under the current regime is more of the same here.  A few million to paper over the cracks and keep us in the league until the markets improve and Ashley can offload us for a profit, with any large offer for any squad member accepted as long as it gives a profit.

Wait wait, what players, bought under ashleys stewardship, are we selling for massive losses here?  Xisco, which is an unknown quantity? 

Just going on the rumours and the names that have been thown about for the past few months are Xisco and Enrique.  But this whole thread is based on nothing but rumour, from the £6m transfer budget onwards. 

With the £ shite against the € our 6 million wont get as much value as before abroad & them dastardly foreign clubs can offer better terms V PL clubs than before.

Side note: being in Europe will make huge difference now as all the loot is paid out in €.

Guest Mantis

Since Guthrie came in, there has been a net spend of £0. So we have £20m to look fwd to before July if super Mike is to be believed.  God forbid we should doubt him.