Hull City 0 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 03/01/09 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

f***ing hell, that was so frustrating. Did Kinnear realise it was a cup tie or what, f***'s sake man.

Game was there to be won and he just refused to change things - now we've got to play another game. Great.

That is incredibly unfair imo and I was (am) at the  game. I give credit to Kinnear for a positice selection, and for his tactics, and to the team for attacking whenever they could. Bassong, Given and Jonas superb, Guthrie too until he faded. Butt now so slow as to be a real liability. Defence looks a zilion times better with Bassong part of it. Ref wasn't perfect and Owen looked like he was denied a stonewall penalty but generally ref stood up to horrible, wingeing, fouling Hull. i couldn't watch them every week and without Geovvani, they would be f....d. I now also understand why Guthrie lost his temper with Fagan at SJP. Pretty impressive performance all in all imo.

I think we could have made a much better fist of winning the game with Kazenga, Xisco or Geremi thrown in during the latter stages.

Guest neesy111

again what did owen do today apart from miss some very good chances, went missing again 2nd half as he usually does now

f***ing hell, that was so frustrating. Did Kinnear realise it was a cup tie or what, f***'s sake man.

Game was there to be won and he just refused to change things - now we've got to play another game. Great.

That is incredibly unfair imo and I was (am) at the  game. I give credit to Kinnear for a positice selection, and for his tactics, and to the team for attacking whenever they could. Bassong, Given and Jonas superb, Guthrie too until he faded. Butt now so slow as to be a real liability. Defence looks a zilion times better with Bassong part of it. Ref wasn't perfect and Owen looked like he was denied a stonewall penalty but generally ref stood up to horrible, wingeing, fouling Hull. i couldn't watch them every week and without Geovvani, they would be f....d. I now also understand why Guthrie lost his temper with Fagan at SJP. Pretty impressive performance all in all imo.

Forgot to add that on most other days, Owen would have taken at least one of those chances and that you can like or not like Duff, but he did not deserve a 4. Rest assured that if we drive him out of the club like we did Parker, then lots of other Premiership Ccubs will be happy to take him.

Guest s0ftcore

Given 8

Taylor 6

Colo 7

Bassong 7

Enrique 6.5

Duff 7

Guthrie 7

Butt 5

N'zog 6

Carroll 5

Owen 5

Jonas 8.5

At one stage, Duff was on "rape mode" but faded after we started to play long balls, as if he lost momentum. I don't understand the pointless fucking long balls though. Funny enough, during the spell between Duff's and Jonas' best display, we were just lumping it. There was one stage Guthrie had Jonas in front of him near the halfway line and he decided to play the long ball - Kinnear's instructions? Either way the ball has to be played on the deck.

We need a destroyer in midfield. Butt and Boateng are about the same age but Boateng played like he was around Guthrie's. That's terriBad.

From that report...

Back to the Fagan story and the wind-up merchant was dishing it out, so Nicky Butt reminded him who’s boss – nailing him with a hefty challenge that earned a booking. Butt loved it.

mackems.gif

:lol: I know where to go for all my match reports now.

Forgot to add that on most other days, Owen would have taken at least one of those chances and that you can like or not like Duff, but he did not deserve a 4. Rest assured that if we drive him out of the club like we did Parker, then lots of other Premiership Ccubs will be happy to take him.

And like Parker, he will continue to be shit at the club that's dumb enough to sign him.

Shay 7 > Moaning a lot today, can see that he is not a happy bunny!

Taylor 5 > Did allright considering that it isn-t his position, needs to overlap with the winger more

Coloccini 6 > Plays much better with bassong but his heading ability seems to have been lost completely, all he does now is to compete fro the ball without attempting to head it. It seems to half work?

Bassong 8 > What would he be like beside rio ferdinand or john terry? WOW doesn-t bear thought!!

Enrique 6> Defended Ok today but his passing was a bit awry until late on in the game.

Duff 6> Played decently in the first half and then was double marked in the second.

Zoggy 5> didn-t deserve to be on the pitch instead of Jonas

Butt 6> Lost his legs after 60 mins, joe needs to realise that we need more impetus in midfield after 60 mins. USE SUBS!

Guthrie 7> Very tiday and aggresive, did well today and didn-t stray too many passes

Jonas 8> Started off a little shaky but by the 70th minute he was our only real attacking outlet. Manlove declared!!!!

Carrol 4> Championship striker. Tough lad but touch doesn-t accompany. get rid.

Owen5> Missed a few chances today, one on one aND a few half chances

Missed OBA big time today, could have done with both geremi and xisco on for carrol and butt after 70 mins. Sorry, you were crap today joe!!

I think we could have made a much better fist of winning the game with Kazenga, Xisco or Geremi thrown in during the latter stages.

I understand the point but we were almost completely on top for the last 20 minutes (apart from the last 3 minutes of the game) and were virtually attacking at will anyway.

I bet JFK is thinking: Xisco cant speak english, so he cant play in the english premiership.

I don't know what he's thinking. I honestly didn't see the early games when Xisco was playing, so I can't comment on how he looked, but it's absolute madness to not put him on today, considering that he has scored goals for us. He can't be that bad in training can he?