Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Guest sittingontheball

From the Bridge and Bellamy fees, I was expecting a bit more than 6M, but its done now.

We need cash up front, not in two years time.

I think the way he's buggered off when we need him the most will prevent him (in my mind, anyway) from joining the real Newcastle legends such as Shearer, Rob Lee and Gary Speed.

Pav still beats the pants off him

Pav was a clown.

Pavs a legend

Is he s****, he was a joke.

:snod:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Grath Crooks has interviewed JFK up on BBC website now about the fee.

Grath Crooks : "Joe, -edit out 5 minutes of rambling bullshit- any news on the Given fee?"

:kinnear: : "Sure, it's the sum of the coefficients of ( [3x - 3x^2 +1]^744 ) x ( [- 3x + 3x^2 +1]^745 ) x 2, you'll have to ask an experienced Argentinian or Italian midfielder to work that one out."

Garth Crooks: "I'm sorry I don't follow"

:kinnear: "you're a cunt"

cant be bothered to find the post but said in the summer that Given wouldn't our keeper by the end of the season, still almost shocking to see that.

fuck it, he's gone and probably wont be Man City's keeper for longer than a season and a half

cant be bothered to find the post but said in the summer that Given wouldn't our keeper by the end of the season, still almost shocking to see that.

fuck it, he's gone and probably wont be Man City's keeper for longer than a season and a half

Says 6mill here. If true, must be the lousiest deal we have ever made, City being the ATM they have been this window! Must be someone else coming our way then! :kinnear:

This sort of deal confirms our s*** run of luck: Poorest billionaire, shirt sponsored by the 2nd poorest company logo in the PL.  Every other f***ing club has rinsed Man City: Welsh crock: £14 million. Player who is going to worth approx £2.3 million in the summer: £15 million. Reseve left back: £12 million. World Class GK recently compared to Buffon by the legend that is Trap: Offers in of £3 million that has been increased to £5million.

f***ing JOKE!

The fee really is.

Do you think the fact that Shay handed in a transfer fee affected the bid from Man City?

How much do you think Shay was due in loyalty bonuses had he not requested a transfer?

Maybe this lowered the fee from City.... I am just guessing here....

If the fee was undisclosed, then why are we believing the speculative nonsense the tabloids come up with? We spend all of our time slating journalists and media bullshit, and yet we are prepared to believe someting that by definition is under wraps. :rolleyes:

Do you think the fact that Shay handed in a transfer fee affected the bid from Man City?

How much do you think Shay was due in loyalty bonuses had he not requested a transfer?

Maybe this lowered the fee from City.... I am just guessing here....

But how come we get more cash and a player in exchange for Insomnia? Who, at best, we can categorise into "has potential" - as opposed to "is one of the best keepers in the world"? And has probably done more antagonising for a move than Given!

I just don't get it.

Guest johnson293

If the fee was undisclosed, then why are we believing the speculative nonsense the tabloids come up with? We spend all of our time slating journalists and media bullshit, and yet we are prepared to believe someting that by definition is under wraps. :rolleyes:

Agreed - even the Chronicle article says 'it is believed the fee is £5.9m with installments'

Same reason Urban Legends are around -- people tend to lend credence to things that confirm their suspicions and preconceived notions. 

Lots on this board have it in their head that Ashley is in league with the devil, that our top brass are all wildly incompetent.  A story that comes out and says we only got 5.8m for Seamus confirms this and they latch on to it.

Because people on this forum have selected spasticitis.

How anyone can be mad at him is beyond me, except perhaps the timing. However, is anyone surprised? This comes at a mine when many fans have always decided to "leave the club" with attendences at their lowest since the expansion. Any other player fed up would have left years ago (eg Jenas, Milner). But he has stuck with us until he couldn't bear it any longer which is fair enough given our current state  :kinnear: Good luck Shay, you deserve far better.

Sad to see him go, could have released a statement through his agent thanking the fans.  Done his time here, we have cover and we needed the dosh.

Sad end but i'd rather have players who are here for the fight.

Where did this 5.9 mil figure come from?