Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Shay Given is one of the Newcastle greats but frankly, he can sod off. He can't really give a rats arse about us staying up if he wants out half way through a season that could easily end in disaster. Why does he want to go to Man City NOW? Its not as if City are going to be challeging for the title or are going great in the Champions League. He could have easily stayed put and gone in the summer with fond farewells from all concerned.

"New challenge" my arse, he's just not up for the fight.

He didn't seem up to the fight last season in KKs early days (Villa springs immediately to mind). With hindsight this has been a good while coming

Guest Howaythetoon

I love Shay and he is a Newcastle United legend who I am absolutely devastated is leaving but right now, right this minute, f*** him and f*** all those that f*** with our club, f*** them all. Lets t*** Man City and then kick the mackems back to their hovel and stay the f*** up.

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I love Shay and he is a Newcastle United legend who I am absolutely devastated is leaving but right now, right this minute, f*** him and f*** all those that f*** with our club, f*** them all. Lets t*** Man City and then kick the mackems back to their hovel and stay the f*** up.

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

I really stuggle not to make shark related jokes whenever I see your posts. Well not really, I just openly make shark puns every time, after I've finished vomiting at the horrific filth that you constantly type.

Guest The Libertine

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

I really stuggle not to make shark related jokes whenever I see your posts. Well not really, I just openly make shark puns every time, after I've finished vomiting at the horrific filth that you constantly type.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,34477.msg1670334.html#msg1670334

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

You jumped the shark though with your sig :lol:

You are to N.O what Friends is to E4.

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

And you, HTT, you are to N.O what Nicky Butt is to Newcastle United's midfield.

Shit, negative, depressing...

Guest The Libertine

he won't pass his medical.  He's out tonight with a knee injury according to .cock  mackems.gif

"knee injury"

Guest Alan Shearer 9

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

Shit, negative, depressing...

harsh. htt goes to games and supports the club with his heart on his sleever.

Guest Howaythetoon

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

s***, negative, depressing...

Can you blame me? I buy my first season ticket as my idol returned and he fucks off after 1 home game.

:lol:

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

Can you blame me? I buy my first season ticket as my idol returned and he fucks off after 1 home game.

Nee wonder you hate Ashley so much now.

yeah! f*** sharks

Careful...

:laugh:

Guest ryanegg

First time i've posted here in a while, while we do have decent back-up, it just shows what direction this club is going in with servants like Given wanting to leave.

First time i've posted here in a while, while we do have decent back-up, it just shows what direction this club is going in with servants like Given wanting to leave.

and getting told by a club, that really is no bigger than you, to not play one of your players because they want to sign him. :dave:

This needs to be resolved tonight to be honest. Sit down with them and sort a fee and get it done. We need players so badly, we may have to pay slightly over the odds. If we can get 10m and spend it on a midfielder and Ebondo and we'll look a bit stronger. We can then look at another striker and midfielder after that, possibly a left back.

The longer this drags on, the worse it is for us. He's going to move thats for sure.

Guest kingdawson

and getting told by a club, that really is no bigger than you, to not play one of your players because they want to sign him. :dave:

This is honestly what i was thinking, but i was unsure to post it. Even if Given does want to join city, it's not like he's gonna say "well this is gonna be my new team so i'll concede 5". Really stupid decision dropping him tonight (yes i'm aware he's apparntly got an injury, but it's probably bollocks).

Guest justin99.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7856463.stm

Man City's Given bid 'insulting' 

Given has made 461 appearances for the Magpies in 12 years

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear says Manchester City's offer of £5m for goalkeeper Shay Given is "insulting".

The 32-year-old Republic of Ireland international has been first-choice keeper at Newcastle for 12 years, but has made it clear he wants to leave.

"Irrespective of all the money I keep hearing, they've only offered £5m, not a penny more," said Kinnear.

"We think it's personally insulting to probably the best goalkeeper in the Premier League."

Kinnear said he would be "heartbroken" to lose Given, but refused to be drawn when asked how he would react to City returning with an increased offer.

"We're at a stalemate," said Kinnear.

"As far as I know, the chairman and the owner are very unhappy we've only been offered £5m.

"I don't want to lose him - I'm fighting a relegation battle, I want to keep every player and add to it, not lose it, but I really don't know."

On Tuesday, Newcastle keeper Steve Harper, who has invariably found himself as second choice behind Given, signed a new three-year deal with the club.

Given joined Newcastle in 1997 from Blackburn for £1.5m and had made 461 appearances for the Magpies.