Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_12912_478.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=150&hei=150&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Ugh.

Hope he injures himself picking up his increased pay the mercenary c***.

Given = Judas c***.

OMG he join Sunderland?!  Or has he joined a team on the up with ambition?  Never going to win anything at Newcastle good luck to him.

You end up embarrassing yourself with literally every post you make.  Don't reply to me.  I know you 'don't care'.

You think he'll win something with Manchester City?

More chance then here right?  Who else more ambitious wanted him?

Have a go at the question I asked......

Yes, they going to be playing in Europe within 3 seasons.  When you try sign players like Robinho, try sign Kaka one of the best keepers in England and stick by the manager like they have done.  Very good chance indeed.  Owners are going all out for success.  Problem?  Given has more chance here you reckon?  Have a go at that.

Playing in Europe doesn't equate to winning something. ???

So?

So, that was the question he hasn't answered in two attempts.

Well looks answered it, what is your point?

They are going the right way about winning stuff by signing top quality.  Kevin Nolan pisses on their transfer dealings this window?  They ARE going to be a force in the premier league, not immediately but will.  Given most players/people can see that .. but not you.

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_12912_478.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=150&hei=150&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Ugh.

Hope he injures himself picking up his increased pay the mercenary c***.

Given = Judas c***.

OMG he join Sunderland?!  Or has he joined a team on the up with ambition?  Never going to win anything at Newcastle good luck to him.

You end up embarrassing yourself with literally every post you make.  Don't reply to me.  I know you 'don't care'.

More chance then here right?  Who else more ambitious wanted him?

Have a go at the question I asked......

Yes, they going to be playing in Europe within 3 seasons.  When you try sign players like Robinho, try sign Kaka one of the best keepers in England and stick by the manager like they have done.  Very good chance indeed.  Owners are going all out for success.  Problem?  Given has more chance here you reckon?  Have a go at that.

Playing in Europe doesn't equate to winning something. ???

So?

So, that was the question he hasn't answered in two attempts.

Three attempts.  No point debating this any further if you're ignoring the questions.

Cheers.

Answered it twice now lol, look!

Judas  :lol:

He refused to play on Wednesday night. :dontknow:

Aye - forget the 463 other times he did like. Definitely a Judas.

fuck me he's serious  :lol:

aye, nowt to do with us being in negotiations with another club about the player. happens all the time, in football 'picked up a niggle' or 'stomach upset' is shorthand for 'player in discussions with another club'.

Judas cunt? Cripes. :undecided:

I don't think he's gone about the move particularly well but Jesus. As for the choice of club, he might not win trophies immediately (though i think they probably will at some point when they get a decent manager)... but it's irrelevant. He wanted to leave Newcastle and Man City provided a get-out. They're ambitious and are moving forward, and he's guaranteed a pretty penny. That doesn't make him a mercenary cunt in my honest opinion.

Putting my general admiration for the bloke aside, some people need to put their dummies back in tbh. We're a shit club going nowhere, they're a good club moving forward - he wanted to go. Shit happens. I thank him for his fantastic services here and wish him well tbh.

Judas cunt. :nope:

well said.

Of all the players to associate that particular word to. :nope:

Pisses me off does that tbh. I'm not trying to be a fanboy of a particular player, i'm not in love with the guy... just generally - what a totally pathetic thing to say about Given.

I can understand, not necassarily agree with, Midds' reasoning for being pissed off. But calling him a Judas. Absolute nonsense.

Agree with you Yorkie, pisses me off too.

I think it's a bit sad the abuse Given is getting tbh.

Sure, he could have done things in a different way that would make it easier for us to stomach, but the guy has been an absolute legend for us over the years.

The other 463 times aren't going to save us from Relegation this season. How about "Shay, here's a new challenge for you. KEEP US UP !!!"

He's already got that ticked off a couple of times on his 'career achievements' list. That happened within those 463 games, btw.

Deserves a new challenge if you ask me. :dontknow:

Sure, he could have done things in a different way that would make it easier for us to stomach, but the guy has been an absolute legend for us over the years.

If you have a good marriage for 11 years, then you catch her blowing Gordon from down the road, i think you every right to throw abuse at her.

Guest The Libertine

wanted to leave and played silly games to engineer the move before putting in a request.

thanks shay for all you've done but i have lost all respect for you.

:thup:

Guest toonlass

wanted to leave and played silly games to engineer the move before putting in a request.

thanks shay for all you've done but i have lost all respect for you.

Yep.

:clap:

Is there still a chance that the inital statement was meant purely as a low-level threat to get the club to get its finger out and then when nothing happened during the window, he decided to go through with leaving ?  :dontknow:

I've lost a bit of respect for him for the way he's gone about it, and i do wish that he had done it differently. I don't condone it at all - needless and somewhat childish way to go about things. It's all relative in the end for me, though - and my respect for what he's done for the past 11 years far outweighs what's gone on this month.

Some people on this forum should be ashamed of themselves.

A great servant for the club and I'll 100% wish him the best at City. Incredibly loyal, really could have left us anytime in the last four or five years and we'd have no complaints whatsoever. He could have come out and the said "the club is a joke and I want to leave" and I'd still have utmost respect for him. Absolute legend for us and really doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are giving him grief as our fans are as bad as our board and management.

Stupid.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Judas c***? Cripes. :undecided:

I don't think he's gone about the move particularly well but Jesus. As for the choice of club, he might not win trophies immediately (though i think they probably will at some point when they get a decent manager)... but it's irrelevant. He wanted to leave Newcastle and Man City provided a get-out. They're ambitious and are moving forward, and he's guaranteed a pretty penny. That doesn't make him a mercenary c*** in my honest opinion.

Putting my general admiration for the bloke aside, some people need to put their dummies back in tbh. We're a s*** club going nowhere, they're a good club moving forward - he wanted to go. s*** happens. I thank him for his fantastic services here and wish him well tbh.

Judas c***. :nope:

well said.

Of all the players to associate that particular word to. :nope:

Pisses me off does that tbh. I'm not trying to be a fanboy of a particular player, i'm not in love with the guy... just generally - what a totally pathetic thing to say about Given.

I can understand, not necassarily agree with, Midds' reasoning for being pissed off. But calling him a Judas. Absolute nonsense.

Agree with you Yorkie, pisses me off too.

No animosity towards Given, like. He's stuck by the club for long enough, but he's quite obviously had enough. I think he was one of a very small minority of players who genuinely care about the club and just couldn't take any more shite. He's completely right though in what he'd said. We had reached our nadir against Liverpool, and the lad obviously decided after 12 years of false-dawns that enough was enough. Every time he signed a new contract he would have had the same old bullshit "We're gonna do this and that..." The only thing I would query is his choice of club. Surely his agent could have engineered him a move to a bigger club.

I'll remember Given for the good times like headering Bramble's volley over the bar against Arsenal. He still ranks as the 2nd best goalkeeper in Newcastle history, a close second behind John Karelse.

I've lost a bit of respect for him for the way he's gone about it, and i do wish that he had done it differently. I don't condone it at all - needless and somewhat childish way to go about things. It's all relative in the end for me, though - and my respect for what he's done for the past 11 years far outweighs what's gone on this month.

Guest toonlass

Some people on this forum should be ashamed of themselves.

A great servant for the club and I'll 100% wish him the best at City. Incredibly loyal, really could have left us anytime in the last four or five years and we'd have no complaints whatsoever. He could have come out and the said "the club is a joke and I want to leave" and I'd still have utmost respect for him. Absolute legend for us and really doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are giving him grief as our fans are as bad as our board and management.

Stupid.

Bollocks. The lad got paid an awful lot of money to play for our club. If he had left in the summer then people would have accepted that. To ask for a transfer in mid-season and not have the bottle to stick around to help us stay up is just crap. Delude yourself all you want, but Shay has gone down in my estimations.

it is far easier for people to attack the individual in question instead of focusing back on the club, what is happening to it and who is to blame. as said earlier, it says more about the club than given that a player 3rd in our all time appearance list should decide to leave.

Call it straw-clutching if you like... but have we actually heard anything from Given regarding his status at the club, in his final few weeks? As far as i can recall, the only thing we heard was from his agent.

And they're always really honest and reliable with good intentions, aren't they.

Also, from what i can recall, Given did put in a transfer request...

Meh. I guess it's somewhat unlikely but it's a shame how people have instantly jumped on the guy's back without assessing other avenues. It's the mentality that's set in really, and i don't blame people for it. The club's a joke run by backstabbing jokers, therefore if anything bad happens it's with bad intentions from the respective party involved.

:undecided:

Fuck it i'm rambling. I still love the guy. Gutted that he's gonna be turning out for that shower in the future. :(