Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I backed sibbers since day 1 and he came good.

How did he come good? One of the most overrated players we've had. I mean overrated as in a sense how the fans praise him for his time here due to this cult hero status he gained.

How did he come good? One of the most overrated players we've had.<b> I mean overrated as in a sense how the fans praise him for his time here due to this cult hero status he gained.</b>

Sounds rather like Gutierrez.

Guest Heneage

How did he come good? One of the most overrated players we've had. I mean overrated as in a sense how the fans praise him for his time here due to this cult hero status he gained.

What? He came in did what he was paid to do, and gave 110% and wanted to extend his stay all this after most fans threw hissy fits like we'd signed a paraplegic to play in goal.

How did he come good? One of the most overrated players we've had.<b> I mean overrated as in a sense how the fans praise him for his time here due to this cult hero status he gained.</b>

Sibierski was a bad footballer but scored goals. Jonas is an excellent footballer but doesn't score goals.

Sibierski was a bad footballer but scored goals. Jonas is an excellent footballer but<b> doesn't score goals.</b>

Problem is he can't deliver them either.

Sibierski was a bad footballer but scored goals. Jonas is an excellent footballer but<b> doesn't score goals.</b>

Not that old chestnut. He's set up at least a couple in recent weeks (Martins vs Villa, Owen vs Portsmouth).

He must be a really bad player while Sibierski is a really good one.

In the defence of Jonas it'd help someone would actually support him when he tracks back to defend, gets the ball and then proceeds to bomb down the wing with the ball. The other players either don't have the legs or just don't care.

The players cared in the first game of the season and the result and effort put in shows that. It was also one of his better games, if not his best for us.

Not that old chestnut. He's set up at least a couple in recent weeks (Martins vs Villa, Owen vs Portsmouth).

Watch his rare assists there passes not deliveries from wide.

He has some fantastic attributes but they are not of a productive winger.

Watch his assists there passes not deliveries from wide.

Maybe he's just unconventional.

Maybe if we tried playing players to their strengths. Jonas is never gonna be a great crosser of the ball, but he can pick out a cutting pass. Maybe if we had a decent balance - a decent right winger who can make up for Jonas' unorthodox approach - and maybe, just generally, if we had a manager who had a fucking clue - we'd see the best of the likes of Gutierrez. Call it clutching at straws if you like, but i've not seen anyone play for us who is quite like Jonas. I think he'd slip into a top 4 team with no problem tbh.

I know they weren't crosses. I don't hold it against him if he decides to go inside and thread a killer pass in for someone to run onto. Wingers don't have to cross, but they do have to create. Our lot don't pose as much of an aerial threat nowadays anyway to be honest.

Maybe if we tried playing players to their strengths. Jonas is never gonna be a great crosser of the ball, but he can pick out a cutting pass. Maybe if we had a decent balance - a decent right winger who can make up for Jonas' unorthodox approach - and maybe, just generally, if we had a manager who had a fucking clue - we'd see the best of the likes of Gutierrez. Call it clutching at straws if you like, but i've not seen anyone play for us who is quite like Jonas. I think he'd slip into a top 4 team with no problem tbh.

Maybe if he had a clever forward like Anelka or Torres he would be able to slip them in with some clever passes rather than wing over high crosses hoping Andy Carroll gets a header on target.

<b>Maybe if he had a clever forward</b> like Anelka or Torres he would be able to slip them in with some clever passes rather than wing over high crosses hoping Andy Carroll gets a header on target.

Michael Owen there isn't many better in the league in terms of final movement.

Gutierrez doesn't even look to deliver and for me from what I've seen doesn't have a particularly creative pass in him.

I know they weren't crosses. I don't hold it against him if he decides to go inside and thread a killer pass in for someone to run onto. Wingers don't have to cross,<b> but they do have to create.</b> Our lot don't pose as much of an aerial threat nowadays anyway to be honest.

Correct and Gutierrez hasn't set up near enough chances or goals.

But Ginola didn't create or score half as many goals as Laurent Robert did but he is remember with more affection.

I love Jonas as much as the next man, but neither of those are in recent weeks. Pompey seems ages ago now.

<b>Maybe if he had a clever forward</b> like Anelka or Torres he would be able to slip them in with some clever passes rather than wing over high crosses hoping Andy Carroll gets a header on target.

Michael Owen there isn't many better in the league in terms of final movement.

Gutierrez doesn't even look to deliver and for me from what I've seen doesn't have a particularly creative pass in him.

I mentioned Torres and Anelka for a reason, they are both quick enough to be slipped in on goal. Owen's final movement is a last minute change of direction which is why he is relying on headers more these days.

For the record I don't not rate Gutierrez he could a very good player given the right role but he won't ever be productive enough or have a good enough delivery from wide positions to be playing as a Winger(a main provider) in my opinion.

For who? Barcelona or Man U I would agree. If you are talking about us then which alternatives would you suggest? Duff? N'Zogbia?

For the record I don't not rate Gutierrez he could a very good player given the right role but he won't ever be productive enough or have a good enough delivery from wide positions to be playing as a Winger(a main provider) in my opinion.

For who? Barcelona or Man U I would agree. If you are talking about us then<b> which alternatives would you suggest? Duff? N'Zogbia?</b>

No your right there isn't an alternative at the moment its one of the main positions I think the club should be buying for.

However I think the clubs mangement see Gutierrez as a good enough right-winger also I am sure most supporters would say Gutierrez has been one of our best players this season.

For who? Barcelona or Man U I would agree. If you are talking about us then<b> which alternatives would you suggest? Duff? N'Zogbia?</b>

No your right there isn't an alternative its a position I see the club should be buying for.

I think we should be buying for more or less every other position except that one as it happens.

Guest Heneage

Mackems tonight.

"Hey at least we don't have to sign out of contract players like you scruffy cunts".

Ignored Harte, Cole, Varga, and Colgan. :lol:

What? He came in did what he was paid to do, and gave 110% and wanted to extend his stay all this after most fans threw hissy fits like we'd signed a paraplegic to play in goal.

Thanks nixon. The overractions in that thread were legendary.