The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

Well does anyone know of any good grass pitches that can be hired?

Just play on the 3G - it's a good footballing surface and can be relied upon, as much fun as it is to play on grass, we can't exactly plan the weather for a sunday afternoon/early evening 2 months away...

Played my first game since NO match today,6 a side on a hard pitch,  i was fucking awsome, i showed them, 8, 9 and 10 year olds who the man was.

Till i went over on my ankle and cried off, cant walk tonite.

We drew 3-3 today against "Newcastle United Reserves" (intra-mural team), played CM for the first time since the N-O match...hit the inside of the post with a 25-yard volley in the dying minutes of the match.

More frustratingly, actually kept running after the shot and got to the rebound but the ball just wouldn't sit and the keeper (the best part of 6'8") threw himself in front of me and the ball to deny us three points.

Our title challenge looks to have faded away...

We drew 3-3 today against "Newcastle United Reserves" (intra-mural team), played CM for the first time since the N-O match...hit the inside of the post with a 25-yard volley in the dying minutes of the match.

More frustratingly, actually kept running after the shot and got to the rebound but the ball just wouldn't sit and the keeper (the best part of 6'8") threw himself in front of me and the ball to deny us three points.

What does NUSSC stand for?

What does NUSSC stand for?

Newcastle United Soopa Supporters Club

Newcastle Uni Ski & Snowboard Club

Howcome Venkman?

Who's confirmed for this then? Can we have an OP update?

Done, 17 confirmed unless I've missed anyone out by accident.

Is Stupeedo and Prophet not playing?

I'll definitely be there.

ditto

:undecided:

That's my point you aren't in bold.

never playing on it again after doing my ankle in and being advised by hospital staff that they're getting loads of injuries from it

Guest Heneage

Howcome Venkman?

ditto

never playing on it again after doing my ankle in and being advised by hospital staff that they're getting loads of injuries from it

:(

Im surprised mind I play it once a week and we touch wood have never had any injuries.

Howcome Venkman?

ditto

Im surprised mind I play it once a week and we touch wood have never had any injuries.

Ditto, we've had most of our 11-a-side matches this season on 3G and I play at Complete Football & Power Soccer 2 or 3 times a week for 5-a-side, ankles are feeling fine....touch wood

It's a bitch when you slide in and take off half of your knee, but no worse than a hard grass pitch (in fact, it's not that bad as at least the rubber gives way, unlike the solid earth)

Guest Heneage

Howcome Venkman?

ditto

Ditto, we've had most of our 11-a-side matches this season on 3G and I play at Complete Football & Power Soccer 2 or 3 times a week for 5-a-side, ankles are feeling fine....touch wood

It's a bitch when you slide in and take off half of your knee, but no worse than a hard grass pitch (in fact, it's not that bad as at least the rubber gives way, unlike the solid earth)

Yeah that's only problem remembering its not real grass. But I love 3G.

I'm out. Nowhere near fit enough and just generally got too much going on.

If I'm as knackered then as I have been lately, I'll collapse on the floor after 30 seconds :lol:

If I'm as knackered then as I have been lately, I'll collapse on the floor after 30 seconds :lol:

Come on, it's not Premier League football you don't really need to be that fit, it's 11 a side as well so not as intense as 5 a side.

Sure you're out?

Come on, it's not Premier League football you don't really need to be that fit, it's 11 a side as well so not as intense as 5 a side.

Sure you're out?

Can just confirm what Greg said there, I hadn't played 'proper' football in a good month beforehand, and had hardly any fitness. Still managed the 90.