The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

still can't believe this is a question, played on grass this weekend an it was a fucking shite game, the ball bobbled and bounced everywhere leading to crap passing and shooting and the ground was like concrete - so much for slide tackles!!

3G is by far the better choice, especially for 'casual' footballers. We're hardly going to find a decent grass playing surface.

still can't believe this is a question, played on grass this weekend an it was a fucking shite game, the ball bobbled and bounced everywhere leading to crap passing and shooting and the ground was like concrete - so much for slide tackles!!

3G is by far the better choice, especially for 'casual' footballers. We're hardly going to find a decent grass playing surface.

This. We can't rely on a grass pitch, chances are it'll be too dry or too muddy.

Guest Heneage

Are they f***. :lol:

If anything 3G is better, as it doesn't have the inconsistencies real pitches have. If people are afraid of sliding then its daft, because it doesn't even hurt.

haha, Nixon...I take it you've never put in a proper slide tackle on 3G then - my legs are covered in cuts and grazes from 3G pitches. Even so, it's still less painful that a bed of concrete mud with a dash of grime to help the wound heal...

3G pitches are already set up to go as well, turn up and play. none of this putting up the nets malarky...

Guest Heneage

haha, Nixon...I take it you've never put in a proper slide tackle on 3G then - my legs are covered in cuts and grazes from 3G pitches. Even so, it's still less painful that a bed of concrete mud with a dash of grime to help the wound heal...

3G pitches are already set up to go as well, turn up and play. none of this putting up the nets malarky...

Lots of fat protecting my legs ;)

But bar the occasional graze its not terrible. I doubt the majority of those playing would slide tackle anyway.

Guest Geordiecunny

but football on grass is what football is meant to be! We could use the pitch at northumbria uni's coach lane, its like a pool table! If theyd let us.

'Blue Stu' Star Struck By Severe Injury

STUPEEDO FACING RACE AGAINST TIME TO BE FIT FOR RE-MATCH!

N-O Blue Team supporters were left choking on their cornflakes this morning by reports coming out of Jesmond that star midfielder Stupeedo has been struck down by injury ahead of May's vital re-match against fierce rivals N-O Red Team.

Stupeedo emerged from the inaugral N-O match with an almost unanimous nomination, from supporters [ED: all 2 of them] and players alike, for Man of the Match after his two-goal and two-assist performance helped N-O Blue Team to a 7-4 victory over their arch-rivals.

The midfielder's all-round performance was hailed by his team-mates and pinpointed by the knackered opposition as being one of the key reasons for the comfortable Blue Team win [Ed: the other being the Red Team's lack of 'keeper!]

However, the on-loan midfield dynamo was injured during his last 11-a-side match for parent team NUSSC FC. The midfielder was caught four times on the calf by a petulant off-the-ball incident involving the Henderson Hall captain "Pauly" [Ed: Yes, that guy who works at Jesmond Tescos] which the referee failed to spot while he was moving back the Henderson Hall wall.

Stupeedo managed to finish the game [Ed: only because NUSSC had used up all of their subsitutes!!] but within 48 hours his leg had swollen to twice it's original size and the N-O Blue Team medical staff fear that Stupeedo has suffered a grade II tear of the calf muscle - usually an injury that takes 4-6 weeks to recover from [Ed: FM2009 says so!].

Usually, a player would undergo a scan once the swelling has gone down to assess the injury, but in this case the N-O Blue Team decided to invest in a server rather than a state-of-the-art MRI machine.

With the N-O rematch just 6 weeks away, it is touch and go as to what role Stupeedo will be able to play, the management are confident he will pass a late fitness test but questions will be raised over the form and energy levels of a player who has been unable to train or even keep fit at the gym for almost 2 months.

N-O Red Team players were understandably buoyed when they heard the news.

"It's the best news I've had all month, Stupeedo's midfield performance cast a huge shadow over my 6'6" frame" commented Coach Pilko of N-O Red Team, "without him at full fitness, we've got half a chance...now, how do I get out of Rich's pockets...?"

Similar feelings were echoed by his playing staff, chief nutritionist Nixon remarked "I'm pleased, maybe if he's only got one leg I might beat him in a sprint!" [Ed: only if there's a pie at the finish line]

"I might actually play then" were the words rumoured to come from ex-manager Dr Venkman, who so far has run a mile at the thought of suffering another defeat against the Blue Team [Ed: I thought it was about the pitch?]

Stupeedo was unavailable for comment; however, it has been confirmed by a Blue Team insider that he is undergoing extensive rehabilitation work [Ed: is this even related to the injury?] and hopes to resume full training by the middle of April.

Fellow squad members of the N-O Blue Team weren't too downhearted by the news

"He's only one player" Rich astutely observed, "while he's a decent lad, he's not the be all and end all of our team, we have the back up to replace him in midfield, maybe he can do a stint at right back and I'll push forward."

Rapid right-winger Dave was somewhat indecisive about the issue

"Who?" exclaimed t'joystick-wielding warrior "Oh, that lad in midfield, aye he was alright but I didn't much care for his grammar or spelling, could do better."

Guest Heneage

Nixon claims "I pay for the hit".

At a packed press conference outside Juventus training ground, less rotund midfielder Kristiano Nixon, gave an interview to a pack pf journalists including Gazetto Dello Sport.

Amongst questions of his new fitness programme, relationship with Eva Longoria, and deal to appear on the front cover of Fifa 2010, the one time international playmaker commented on recent rival Stupeedo's injury.

When asked by Bruno Marcotti Nixon replied with "Cosa vuoi dire a me?" (What do you want me to say?) he then proceeded to joke, after it was claimedthat he had a friend in Jesmond who owed him a favour. He proceeded to laugh and quipped, "Perché sono italiano che non significa non sono la Mafia. " (Because I am Italian it does not mean I am mafia haha)

With just over a month to go before the game, its said that Nixons new diet will see the midfielder run or at least waddle riot.

Cp40 Speaks Out!

With the N-O media room bursting to the seams following this morning's relevation of an attempted sabotage of the N-O Blue Team, Raj Mershandani caught up with experienced Blue Team defender Cp40 to find out his thoughts

"Ya what? Aah divvn't kna who ya taakin' aboot...sum peedo?! Ah've telt the po-lis already, ah wuz in bed that neet!" flustered Cp40 before understanding the conversation, "Ahh, well, lyke it dusn't matta cuz ah'm jus' gunna hav to score ahnotha screamah! It'll be purely belta! Jus' lyke mah last one...did juz see it...reet in tha top corna'...wor kidda had nee chance!"

If Stupeedo falls behind in his recovery, perhaps Blue Team fans will see Cp40 vying for that central midfield slot with his fellow defender Rich. The experienced Geordie has already struck fear into the heart of Coach Pilko and there are rumours that the self-styled 'heavy hitter' could be used as a man-marker if "Kristiano" Nixon manages to shed another 12stone...

Cp40 Speaks Out!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,keegan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fixed.

"It's the best news I've had all month, Stupeedo's midfield performance cast a huge shadow over my 6'6" frame" commented Coach Pilko of N-O Red Team, "without him at full fitness, we've got half a chance...now, how do I get out of Rich's pockets...?"

Similar feelings were echoed by his playing staff, chief nutritionist Nixon remarked "I'm pleased, maybe if he's only got one leg I might beat him in a sprint!" [Ed: only if there's a pie at the finish line]

:lol: :lol: