The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

This game will either be on the 3g pitch we played on last time or the new Newcastle Uni 3g pitch if we can get it.

Obviously if we can't get either then we might need change to normal astro but with it still being a good few months away we should be ok.

Guest Heneage

This game will either be on the 3g pitch we played on last time or the new Newcastle Uni 3g pitch if we can get it.

Obviously if we can't get either then we might need change to normal astro but with it still being a good few months away we should be ok.

If we do get 3G I'd make sure they know you can only use football boots with blades not studs.

actually Nixon, that's not true.

we had this debate before, can't remember who it was that kept confusing people...

on 3g you're not allowed meta studs or metal tipped blads....plastic studs, blades and moulded boots are fine.

either 3g pitch is more than adequate for our standard of football ;-)

the newcastle uni one can only be booked up til 5pm, so we'd have to book 3pm-5pm IIRC

Guest Heneage

we had this debate before, can't remember who it was that kept confusing people...

on 3g you're not allowed meta studs or metal tipped blads....plastic studs, blades and moulded boots are fine.

the newcastle uni one can only be booked up til 5pm, so we'd have to book 3pm-5pm IIRC

But that's what I said you can use blades, not studs, I didn't know you could get metal tipped blades mine are all plastic? ???

But that's what I said you can use blades, not studs, I didn't know you could get metal tipped blades mine are all plastic? ???

I thought metal studs had been banned.

had this debate as well O0

3G allows people to play football, although it does take the edge out of the game by discouraging sliding tackles.

in terms of how hard the pitch is, I suppose in May time we'll have pretty firm pitches..otherwise they'll be waterlogged and unplayable :lol:

Nixon - metal tipped studs/blades are all over the place, my last purchase was a pair of Addidas Predators with metal tipped blades a few weeks ago, they're mint.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a tool for organising footy matches online - you can sort formations, subs, reserves and do it all via web and sms - would the organisers of this game be interested in testing the site for your upcoming match?

http://www.whocanplay.co.uk

Good idea but we reds were all over the place like pat butcher pissed up on shit booze from the queen Vic

I'm currently in the process of setting up a tool for organising footy matches online - you can sort formations, subs, reserves and do it all via web and sms - would the organisers of this game be interested in testing the site for your upcoming match?

Good idea but we reds were all over the place like pat butcher pissed up on s*** booze from the queen Vic

Don't worry that won't happen when I'm in nets.

Guest Heneage

had this debate as well O0

3G allows people to play football, although it does take the edge out of the game by discouraging sliding tackles.

in terms of how hard the pitch is, I suppose in May time we'll have pretty firm pitches..otherwise they'll be waterlogged and unplayable :lol:

Nixon - metal tipped studs/blades are all over the place, my last purchase was a pair of Addidas Predators with metal tipped blades a few weeks ago, they're mint.

Shocked :o

So then you can only play with plastic bottomed football boots that better? :lol:

Good idea but we reds were all over the place like pat butcher pissed up on s*** booze from the queen Vic

Don't worry that won't happen when I'm in nets.

but can you stop 25 yd, top corner pile drivers? :nope:

late afternoon/early evening I suppose.

1) gives people a chance to recover from drink-related activities on saturday after the match

2) its not slap-bang in the middle of the day so those people with non-football 'commitments' (wives/girlfriends, children, jobs, etc) can play.

Nixon - nope, wrong again. You can play in bare feet for all I care O0

Guest Heneage

DAVE has invited NIXON to play a NICKY BUTT CENTRE CIRCLE role from RIGHT BACK at NE7 9ST on Friday at 4pm.

???

NO-ONE has invited PILKO to play at NE7 9ST on Friday at 4pm.