Uh-oh!

Dave

while Kinnear is hoping to sell one player thought to be the Spanish striker Xisco to fund a permanent deal for a defender.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that Xisco can't be sold this window on account of him already playing for Depor and Newcastle this season? In other words, isn't this merely speculative (misinformed, mischevious etc) bullshit?

while Kinnear is hoping to sell one player thought to be the Spanish striker Xisco to fund a permanent deal for a defender.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that Xisco can't be sold this window on account of him already playing for Depor and Newcastle this season? In other words, isn't this merely speculative (misinformed, mischevious etc) bullshit?

He can be sold, just his new club cant register him for any fifa-regulated competitions until June

Guest Nige_S4

while Kinnear is hoping to sell one player – thought to be the Spanish striker Xisco – to fund a permanent deal for a defender.

Sort of. Fifa can grant special dispensation. However, I suspect that would have to be applied for after the player moves. Too much of a gamble for clubs I suspect.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/4230165/Joe-Kinnear-holds-transfer-crisis-talks.html

Joe Kinnear holds transfer crisis talks

Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle United manager, on Tuesday night held crisis talks with club owner Mike Ashley in an attempt to impress on the sports retail tycoon the need to release funds to bolster the fight against relegation.

Summit: With a mounting injury list, Joe Kinnear is hopeful Mike Ashley will release funds for new players  Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Kinnear called for a summit with the club's top brass due to a spate of injuries that has sidelined 11 of his senior players and forced him to include six academy rookies in his squad for Wednesday night's FA Cup third-round replay against Hull on Tyneside.

The former Wimbledon manager, accompanied by coach Chris Hughton, met with club managing-director Derek Llambias and secretary Lee Charnley at St James' Park while Ashley had the final say by telephone from London.

"I have brought it forward because of the urgency of the situation," Kinnear said. "We need to act and act quickly. We need funds. The chairman [Llambias] was at home and I said â No, you need to come in.' Come up tonight, we need to talk and get cracking.

"The meeting was called very hastily after I explained on Monday the difficult position that we are in. We will sit and discuss what direction we are going. We will go through all the ideas we have for players and put the ball in Mike's court and see what the outcome is."

Such is Newcastle's plight that captain Michael Owen is expected to operate as a lone striker against Hull with Andy Carroll now sidelined with a hamstring problem along with fellow forwards Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Shola Ameobi while untried Hungarian teenager Thomas Kadar is set to be drafted into Kinnear's defence.

He is hoping Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands signs a short-term deal until the end of the season on the eve of Saturday's trip to fellow strugglers Blackburn and two loan signings - unnamed Argentine and Italian internationals - are set to bolster the ranks.

"We're just four points ahead of Spurs. I think they are aware of it and that I have got the message across," Kinnear said. "Fingers crossed it may have a different slant after tonight.

"It's a test for everyone. Once I have explained the situation, they will make the decision, hopefully it is a favourable one which will allow me to bring players in."

He is also hoping to offload one player to generate £4.5 million-worth of transfer funds and then bank on Sports Direct founder Ashley digging deep despite, Kinnear said, "the finance he's lost up to now in the credit crunch".

"Mike is very level-headed, he's aware of the situation and if we don't get players in I will be disappointed but only disappointed and then I will get on with the job," Kinnear said.

"I'm as frustrated as the 11 players that are missing. I wouldn't even bother buying anybody if they were all fit. The squad is good enough. The situation has changed now because of what's actually happened to us. We have been cursed with the injuries."

Meanwhile, Hull manager Phil Brown is hoping to finalise the signing of West Ham midfielder Luis Boa Morte and Wigan's Kevin Kilbane ahead of Saturday's visit of Arsenal to the KC Stadium.

Here's a little song I wrote you may want to sing it note for note..............Ashleys a c*** a c*** a c*** Mile Ashley is a c***

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Ashley companions will hunt you down.

Very sad Ashley and his guy Llambas are inactive about us it is sad in a ways  there is a good chance we might religate this year and I am very down about all our perspect.

Have a hug.

Llambias is the source of all the trouble. Whilst Ashley should be getting more involved, its the gimp he has sitting in the chairman seat that should be running things and sorting things out.

Ashley is at fault for appointing him and failing to sack him as he is sitting at home whilst everything is falling down around him, but I dont blame him entirely for everything thats happening (or not happening more likely).

This is the same sort of apologist stuff we used to (and still) hear from the Shepherd cheerleaders during Souness' reign of terror. If you make bad appointments you have to take some responsibility for them. If Lambiarse is doing a crap job then it was obviously a monumental fuck up to appoint him. Considering he was some sort of club magnate before he came here you would have to imagine Ashley saw someething in him that convinced him he would do a good job in football.

What a fucking joke we are at the moment. I am was becoming increasingly immune to all the shit that was going on but after reading this i'm fucking angry again.

I wouldn't even bother buying anybody if they were all fit. The squad is good enough.

That has to be a joke. Inept twat.

Is this not just a case of Kinnear being savvy enough to use the press to give the club a nudge? Every manager wants the boys upstairs to move faster on transfers I imagine.

Last time our manager tried something similar he was summoned to London for a telling off.

Is this not just a case of Kinnear being savvy enough to use the press to give the club a nudge? Every manager wants the boys upstairs to move faster on transfers I imagine.

Aye no doubt, but these fuckers have been dragging their heels for a few windows now. Its pretty unnerving.

Yet every manager under this regime has said the same.

Guest Darth Toon

Last time our manager tried something similar he was summoned to London for a telling off.

Is it really just a few short months ago KK was getting a bollocking for daring to suggest we couldn't challenge the top 4??

Mind you, in his latest proclamations Uncle Mike still claims he's having a few quid on us finishing top 6 - nee wonder the clueless fecker's got no money left!

How did we somehow end up with a management structure where JFK is as mad as a bag of squirrels yet somehow is still the sole voice of reason - it's just too depressing.

To be frank I find it astonishing that after all that's gone on, our chairman still has to be pushed to come to Newcastle to hold talks halfway through the only chance to amend the squad, the guy holding the purse-strings is content to sit at the other end of a telephone during said meeting, and our manager is 'not sure if they [the board] understand' our precarious position. There's not even any mention of the person supposedly doing the deals, either.

This is if Kinnear's not lying again, of course.