Uh-oh!

Dave

Remember folks January's a hard time to buy players, nothing to do with the ineptitude of the current regime.

...Despite the fact that they ARE inept, and have proved it many times..

I hope you know I was being sarcastic.

Is this not just a case of Kinnear being savvy enough to use the press to give the club a nudge? Every manager wants the boys upstairs to move faster on transfers I imagine.

Last time our manager tried something similar he was summoned to London for a telling off.

Mind you, in his latest proclamations Uncle Mike still claims he's having a few quid on us finishing top 6 - nee wonder the clueless fecker's got no money left!

Put 20 million quid on it, while he and Derek chuckle at the irony of it all over a bottle champagne.

So let's get this right - it's January 13th and they're just sitting down for a jolly old chinwag now? Was everything in the SJP garden really rosy until Carroll, Taylor and Enrique reported injuries? Are these people blind - or deliberately trying to drag this club down?

When we thought that our-short term thinking extended only to getting through to the end of the season intact, we were totally wrong - that's a long-term strategy round these parts.....what an absolute shambles.

So let's get this right - it's January 13th and they're just sitting down for a jolly old chinwag now? Was everything in the SJP garden really rosy until Carroll, Taylor and Enrique reported injuries? Are these people blind - or deliberately trying to drag this club down?

When we thought that our-short term thinking extended only to getting through to the end of the season intact, we were totally wrong - that's a long-term strategy round these parts.....what an absolute shambles.

Correct.

Guest Darth Toon

Is this not just a case of Kinnear being savvy enough to use the press to give the club a nudge? Every manager wants the boys upstairs to move faster on transfers I imagine.

Last time our manager tried something similar he was summoned to London for a telling off.

Mind you, in his latest proclamations Uncle Mike still claims he's having a few quid on us finishing top 6 - nee wonder the clueless fecker's got no money left!

Put 20 million quid on it, while he and Derek chuckle at the irony of it all over a bottle champagne.

:lol:

....while lighting cigars with Owen's new contract

By saying the squad is good enough if we can just get over the current injury crisis (most of which are due back by the end of Jan according to phisioroom)?

Good plan.

If that was the case then he wouldn't have ended his argument with this:

I wouldn't even bother buying anybody if they were all fit. The squad is good enough.

If that's not an encouragement to make do and mend I don't know what is.

This is Kinnear removing himself from any blame for when the window locks shut and we sign nobody. I strongly suspect he knows he will have to sell to buy. I think JK has known from day one there is no money and has been carrying on about 12m or two Italians or an Italian and an Argentinean [add countries/players/any combination] to keep us fed and onside. JK's project is JK he now has a job he dearly wants to hold onto and part of that is making himself the good guy in our eyes (the staged rants, the abuse of officials) all part of his man against the world agenda and keeping us focussed away from the truth, which is the club have no money, they don't really know what they are doing and he is a very average (not for want of trying) manager.

My reading is the best we can hope for is a loan or two or a free signing, I will fall off my chair if we pay good money for a good player in this window (unless we sell player for big money first).

Peace.

This is Kinnear removing himself from any blame for when the window locks shut and we sign nobody. I strongly suspect he knows he will have to sell to buy. I think JK has known from day one there is no money and has been carrying on about 12m or two Italians or an Italian and an Argentinean [add countries/players/any combination] to keep us fed and onside. JK's project is JK he now has a job he dearly wants to hold onto and part of that is making himself the good guy in our eyes (the staged rants, the abuse of officials) all part of his man against the world agenda and keeping us focussed away from the truth, which is the club have no money, they don't really know what they are doing and he is a very average (not for want of trying) manager.

My reading is the best we can hope for is a loan or two or a free signing, I will fall off my chair if we pay good money for a good player in this window (unless we sell player for big money first).

Peace.

I would agree, that is why Joe is making noises about the squad being good enough bar the injuries. As UV has said, some of these are due back in a couple of weeks so there is virtually no chance of serious investment in the transfer market IMO.

Where this leaves us wrt full backs I don't know but I would imagine it means sell to buy without a doubt.

sounds somewhat defeatist from Kinnear. managers start off saying they want 3 or 4, then 1 or 2, then 'january is a difficult time to do business, if we can just add one bit of quality to the side' before they finally settle with 'we've got a fantastic set of lads here, tying down butt for another year is a big bonus, and getting smithy back is like a new signing'. i expect some more bodies to come in, but more likely to be loans or free agents like lovenkrands who probably wont go straight into our first XI. whether or not those two loanees come 'in the next 48 hours' i dunno, sounds pretty Roeder-esque iyam.

on the Ashley front, this is the third manager to say similar things. Allardyce said mort and ashley didnt understand the transfer window, that he missed out on targets because of this and that they needed to be more aggressive. Keegan said ashley didnt understand that we couldnt break into the top four (and also the quip about never speaking to ashley) and now Kinnear says they dont understand our position in the table and that he's had to tell Llambias to get his arse up here. not necessarily going to take those comments at face-value as they're all designed to provoke the board into action, but the fact that all three have had to come out and publicly make such statements is worrying in itself. you have to wonder just how much about football ashley understands. he wanted a continental system where the manager isnt in charge of transfers yet the 4 managers we know he's gone after are redknapp, venables, keegan and kinnear - all wonderfully unsuited to it. and while he wants a streamlined professional approach he appointed the manager of his local drinking hole to be chairman.

I cannot understand how if Ashley is such a football fan as he claims, how he cannot see these things for himself.

How come we have no money whatsoever - when for the last 18 months, they have been cutting costs all over the place and surely the wage bill must be a lot less than it was even if there are still a few big earners there.

Does he really think, that he can survive with so few players?  Surely it is worth spending a little to try and preserve premiership status?

If we do not pick up a good few points in the coming weeks then we will be relegated.  We cannot afford to wait until the injured players come back because by then it will be too late.

I also don't get how Ashley can say that he is having "fun" owning Newcastle unless he is revelling in our despair because the last few months have not been fun for any NUFC supporter and it doesn't look like the forseeable future will be either.

I cannot understand how if Ashley is such a football fan as he claims, how he cannot see these things for himself.

How come we have no money whatsoever - when for the last 18 months, they have been cutting costs all over the place and surely the wage bill must be a lot less than it was even if there are still a few big earners there.

Does he really think, that he can survive with so few players?  Surely it is worth spending a little to try and preserve premiership status?

If we do not pick up a good few points in the coming weeks then we will be relegated.  We cannot afford to wait until the injured players come back because by then it will be too late.

I also don't get how Ashley can say that he is having "fun" owning Newcastle unless he is revelling in our despair because the last few months have not been fun for any NUFC supporter and it doesn't look like the forseeable future will be either.

That's just lies he makes up to keep us quiet. I don't think he has the vaguest interest in us any longer.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

If Kinnear gets fed up with the board and tells them to shove their job up their fat arses, is he a bottler and the 'system' still right?

To be fair to Mike, with the very long odds he'd get from the bookies on us finishing in the top six, it's probably worth him betting £1m on us doing it. He'd recover all his credit crunch losses in one go if we managed it.

It would seem our future is relegation this season or fighting relegation next season. It won't change until we are sold which isn't likely for at least two years the way the credit crunch is going.

To be fair to Mike, with the very long odds he'd get from the bookies on us finishing in the top six, it's probably worth him betting £1m on us doing it. He'd recover all his credit crunch losses in one go if we managed it.

It would seem our future is relegation this season or fighting relegation next season. It won't change until we are sold which isn't likely for at least two years the way the credit crunch is going.

25-1. Not that good.

However, you've make me think it may all be a cunning plan by Mike and the boys.

Step 1) Make everyone think you're completely incompetent and unwilling to spend any money on the team

Step 2) Make sure the squad is threadbare, fall out with manager and appoint someone you'd laugh at Stoke for appointing, thus ensuring the team will be near the relegation places in January.

Step 3) Pretend the club is up for sale cementing the opinion you're not going to spend any money on new players.

Step 4) Put £20m bet on getting into the top 6

Step 5) Buy Beckham, Lampard, Henry & Ronaldiniho (someone leaked the plan) the last week in January and bring back Keegan as manager (he was in on the plan all along).

Step 6) Easily claim 5th spot

Step 7) Collect £500m winnings paying for the purchaces in Step 5 with a little profit on top.

The man's a genius, can't wait for it all to unfold.

Guest black n white

i tried to start a thread a long these lines but it was removed

"It could'nt happen again, could it"

Who do we get in if kinnear walks over the transfer debacle

kk will win his case for cd hands down if he does

imo....mike has lost alot more money than i could shake a stick at and i'm pretty good at shaking sticks

We have a squad that is full of injuries, it's clear we need to spend a decent amount on a few good players if they are available.  I know there isn't always many for sale at this time of the year, but given the thousands of players across the planet I'm sure that we can find a few that can rival the quality which we already have.  If we don't sign anyone in the window then the rest of the season will be very tough.  I find it impossible to believe that Kinnear has had to point out to the management that despite in 11th, we are only 3 points from the bottom.  Do they not even read the league table? or even the fixture lists to realise that we have to take on some top 4 teams at home still? - Given how tight it is at the bottom of the league I believe we may get a surprise or two with who gets relegated.  Spurs or us going down may be that big surprise.  We have spent too many seasons hovering over the relegation spot, if you do that too much you may get caught out.

imo....mike has lost alot more money than i could shake a stick at and i'm pretty good at shaking sticks

the sad , or stupid thing is, if he had spent 100 million on the team, and kept Keegan, we would be at the top end of the table, and compared to situation as it is now, it would have paid for itself.

the sad , or stupid thing is, if he had spent 100 million on the team, and kept Keegan, we would be at the top end of the table, and compared to situation as it is now, it would have paid for itself.

He aint got a 100 million quid to spend, but a couple of more signings to compliment what we got in the summer would have seen us through. Even if they had brought in cover for LB and RB we would be sitting much sweeter in the league.

Guest black n white

He aint got a 100 million quid to spend, but a couple of more signings to compliment what we got in the summer would have seen us through. Even if they had brought in cover for LB and RB we would be sitting much sweeter in the league.

same here, a few more decent players and we'd be sitiing pretty

if kk was still here we'd be top of the league....changing my username to dreamer or piss head