Uh-oh!

Dave

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/13/kinnear-newcastle-transfer-window

Kinnear badgers board to move fast over transfers

• Newcastle still in danger, says manager

• Hopes to conclude two loan signings this week

Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle United manager, has called an urgent meeting with the club's board to emphasise the urgent need for new signings after another frustrating week in the transfer market. Although widely perceived as a willing puppet of the absentee owner, Mike Ashley, Kinnear's patience has finally snapped over the lack of progress with new signings.

With 11 players likely to miss tonight's FA Cup third-round replay against Hull City, Kinnear is no longer willing to toe the party line as he suggested Ashley and the managing director, Derek Llambias, had not fully grasped how precarious the club's position is. Although up to 11th place following the draw with West Ham last weekend, the Magpies remain just three points off the bottom three.

When asked whether he needed to spell out a worst-case scenario Kinnear replied: "That's why we have the meeting. It was called very hastily after I explained on Monday the difficult position we are in. I said that we need to act and act quickly. I will make that argument. I have brought it forward because of the urgency of the situation. The chairman [Llambias] was at home and I said, 'No, you need to come in. Come up tonight, we need to talk and get cracking.'

"In the position we're in, if you lose two or three games you can suddenly find yourself in the bottom three. I am not sure if they [the board] understand that already but I will make them aware of it."

Kinnear said he would be "disappointed" if three or four players are not brought in this month. He has lined up two loan signings – one Argentinian and one Italian – whom he believes could be in place by the end of the week. The Danish international forward Peter Lovenkrands will also sign until the end of the season following a two-day trial, while Kinnear is hoping to sell one player – thought to be the Spanish striker Xisco – to fund a permanent deal for a defender.

The 62-year-old is already thinking about Newcastle's successive home games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United in March. "There are some stiff games coming up and we would like to be in the safety zone when they come up," said Kinnear, who has seen the defenders Steven Taylor and José Enrique, as well as Saturday's goalscorer, Andy Carroll, pick up injuries which are likely to rule them out of this evening's game.

Face it, Kinnear is the puppet master and he's tugging all your strings.  My respect for the man grows daily. 

Seeing Dave froth at the mouth from one conflicting quote to the next really just tells you what kind of a mastermind we're dealing with here.

Face it, Kinnear is the puppet master and he's tugging all your strings.  My respect for the man grows daily. 

Seeing Dave froth at the mouth from one conflicting quote to the next really just tells you what kind of a mastermind we're dealing with here.

:lol:

Guest Nige_S4

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/13/kinnear-newcastle-transfer-window

Kinnear badgers board to move fast over transfers

• Newcastle still in danger, says manager

• Hopes to conclude two loan signings this week

Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle United manager, has called an urgent meeting with the club's board to emphasise the urgent need for new signings after another frustrating week in the transfer market. Although widely perceived as a willing puppet of the absentee owner, Mike Ashley, Kinnear's patience has finally snapped over the lack of progress with new signings.

With 11 players likely to miss tonight's FA Cup third-round replay against Hull City, Kinnear is no longer willing to toe the party line as he suggested Ashley and the managing director, Derek Llambias, had not fully grasped how precarious the club's position is. Although up to 11th place following the draw with West Ham last weekend, the Magpies remain just three points off the bottom three.

When asked whether he needed to spell out a worst-case scenario Kinnear replied: "That's why we have the meeting. It was called very hastily after I explained on Monday the difficult position we are in. I said that we need to act and act quickly. I will make that argument. I have brought it forward because of the urgency of the situation. The chairman [Llambias] was at home and I said, 'No, you need to come in. Come up tonight, we need to talk and get cracking.'

"In the position we're in, if you lose two or three games you can suddenly find yourself in the bottom three. I am not sure if they [the board] understand that already but I will make them aware of it."

Kinnear said he would be "disappointed" if three or four players are not brought in this month. He has lined up two loan signings – one Argentinian and one Italian – whom he believes could be in place by the end of the week. The Danish international forward Peter Lovenkrands will also sign until the end of the season following a two-day trial, while Kinnear is hoping to sell one player – thought to be the Spanish striker Xisco – to fund a permanent deal for a defender.

The 62-year-old is already thinking about Newcastle's successive home games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United in March. "There are some stiff games coming up and we would like to be in the safety zone when they come up," said Kinnear, who has seen the defenders Steven Taylor and José Enrique, as well as Saturday's goalscorer, Andy Carroll, pick up injuries which are likely to rule them out of this evening's game.

Have I missed a day somewhere? ???

Well, well, well!

But will those ignorant f*ckers listen? NO! No they f*cking wont. They are so cut off from the actual on-goings at our club that when the do wake up and realise just how bad it is, it'll be too late.  :no: :rant:

Kinnear said it and that they are both internationals who are not playing in their sides. fringe players

I don't have a clue why he's decided to say that. Not saying he's the only one who tries to create some sort of magical mystery around the players but at best, it seems utterly pointless.

Very sad Ashley and his guy Llambas are inactive about us it is sad in a ways  there is a good chance we might religate this year and I am very down about all our perspect.

Have a hug.

Llambias is the source of all the trouble. Whilst Ashley should be getting more involved, its the gimp he has sitting in the chairman seat that should be running things and sorting things out.

Ashley is at fault for appointing him and failing to sack him as he is sitting at home whilst everything is falling down around him, but I dont blame him entirely for everything thats happening (or not happening more likely).

Very sad Ashley and his guy Llambas are inactive about us it is sad in a ways  there is a good chance we might religate this year and I am very down about all our perspect.

Have a hug.

Llambias is the source of all the trouble. Whilst Ashley should be getting more involved, its the gimp he has sitting in the chairman seat that should be running things and sorting things out.

Ashley is at fault for appointing him and failing to sack him as he is sitting at home whilst everything is falling down around him, but I dont blame him entirely for everything thats happening (or not happening more likely).

Thanks mate but imgine we a member of this online form think more and worry more than this idiots. The club is in serious mess and They don't care a bit about anything. There should be a big banner tomorrow about things. Unless he hire back mort pretty quickely the rod is gone be down.

Have a hug.

I agree, the next home match he needs a bucket of shite tipping over his bonce