What needs to happen for this club to change?

Guest neesy111

We need to completely rebuild the club from top to bottom. Everything and just about everyone needs to go.

-Get owners in who are willing to invest in the playing staff and let the manager do his job.

- Bring in good, hungry players who want to do well for this club. Make a squad capable of surviving the season injury wise.

- Bring in the best manager we can. Simple as.

And just give him and the players time. Trust them and back them. But we need the board to be sensible and do the right things.

We the fans are slowly killing anything that is worth clinging on to. Until people comprimise their beliefs and aims, the club will never be allowed to progress.

The club isn't progressing though. If anything, we're going fucking backwards. And no support of the board/manager is going to change that.

We the fans are slowly killing anything that is worth clinging on to. Until people comprimise their beliefs and aims, the club will never be allowed to progress.

The club isn't progressing though. If anything, we're going f***ing backwards. And no support of the board/manager is going to change that.

I havn't at any point said we are progressing. There are too many fans with too many different views on how to move forward. Until someone comes in and doesn't care if they annoy the vast majority of fans (whilst receiving offensive chants, protests, threats), too many fans will disgaree because it is not 'their way of thinking'. Until indiviual fans sit down and think what they personally want from the club, there will always be problems.

Stop relying on has-been players with big reputations and fuck all end product.

Aye, players like Butt & Duff, the apparent "senior pros" who are on massive wages and offer the team fuck all.  Relegation wouldn't help us rid ourselves of them either since they're the type of "honest, hard working" (runs around a lot, offers nothing else) player who would be likely to stay.

A new manager would help.  Anyone with a bit of tactical knowledge who can react to a substitution or change the team around quickly when it's clear that our opposition are running rings around our players.  Someone who doesn't see someone's name & think "Nicky Butt, played for Man Utd, he must be good" and instead sees "Nicky Butt, fucking hell he's well past it".  A manager who understands that hard work is no substitution for ability.

A coaching team who understand that you need to pass to the space where a team mate should be running into, not the space where he was 10 seconds ago when you last looked up.

A new chairman & directors who understand that communication is actually important.

A new club doctor / physio team.  The number of injuries that we're suffering this season (and pretty much every season since SBR left) is not normal.

The club isn't progressing though. If anything, we're going f***ing backwards. And no support of the board/manager is going to change that.

I havn't at any point said we are progressing. There are too many fans with too many different views on how to move forward. Until someone comes in and doesn't care if they annoy the vast majority of fans (whilst receiving offensive chants, protests, threats), too many fans will disgaree because it is not 'their way of thinking'. Until indiviual fans sit down and think what they personally want from the club, there will always be problems.

What makes you think this regime has cared at all about what the fans think and want? First sign of trouble they tried to cut loose, when that didn't work, they've now become sitting ducks.

They don't give a shit, and unless they come out and show us that they do, what any fan thinks is irrelevant. I'll continue to support until the universe ends, but won't be naive enough to believe the fans can actually change the thinking of those in power.

I cant believe some people are so accepting of the ongoing decline.  I understand we have to support the team and we will all still be cheering or moaning in 10 yrs.  Where this club will be is uncertain.  But the situation gets worse and nobody can try and gloss over the decline, the players are practically shouting it out loud, the club is spiralling downwards.  Once they go, we will be left to bring in inexperienced people or journeymen, but it doesnt take long for the cracks to turn into major problems.

Guest marky555

We need new ownership that understands football and how much it means to so many people.

Someone needs to come in that is actually interested in the intrinsic benefits that come with winning football matches and not just wanting to make a quick buck.

Was gonna write more but cant be arsed at the minute that fucking result has fucked me off.

1. New owners.

2. New progressive manager given total control of playing side.

3. Major surgery is required with the playing squad. I can't understand anyone saying we only need to tweak the squad. We are largely in the position we are in because the squad is too small and far too short on quality. Get the big players back onside Given, Martins, possibly Owen. Spend up to £30m + on 4 or 5 good, proven players.

4. Once the team has been stablised it may then be possible to implement Ashley's so-called Arsenal model of scouting for young, hungry players. This model will never sustain a team at the very top level though, younger players need protection and to be brought into the first team progressively. Aside from the fact that all major clubs are continuously scouting new talent. The days when undiscovered gems could be found playing amateur football are long gone.

We need this manager lark sorted - its the only thing thats holding this club back. Get that right and you have a club thats ready to go. More can be done with this squad, we just look like a team that has few innovative ideas going forward, no cutting edge.

Buying the right player wont magically sort something out, we need a manager who can address all sides of the game, this is the best first team we;ve seen in 5 years.

Its a shame we have 5 months of this, lets just pray they have the stones to end it come may.

There are too many around the club who hang out for the prestige of being involved in a Premier League club, but have little other interest in working hard for the club.

As much as I hate the idea, I think a few years in the Championship might do the club a world of good.  I fear that until we take the drop, and spend more than 12 months down, the wagon riders won't jump off and we'll continue to just stumble around like a drunk horse.  To say we fear what might happen if we did go down I think is ignoring the fact that we're only getting worse now anyway with no evident path to improvement available.  Working to stay up is only delaying the inevitable.

I think if we were to drop down in to the Championship, yes we'd loose players, yes we'd lose management, yes we'd stay down for a few years, but those who stuck around would be those who genuinely loved the club and want the club to succeed.   This goes for everyone from the owner, through the players, to the tea lady.

Besides, of those likely to go if we entered the Championship, who do you passionately want to keep?  Given, yes, but anyone else????