What needs to happen for this club to change?

Guest neesy111

A huge topic with many solutions - mine are ;-

1. A takeover by someone who is REALLY interested and will devote 100% to the club's future

2.A new, permanent manager who is fairly young and keen to build a CLUB, not just a team.This means involvement in Reserves, Juniors, Academy development ; everything on the playing side...in fact, like SAF who arrives at OT around 7.30 - 8 am most days and deals with all outstanding managerial paperwork etc., the goes on to training, watches Juniors etc etc.

3. Constant development of coaching side via a/m manager so that a system of progression occurs like Shankly had at Liverpool

4.TOP CLASS medical staff and facilities

5.TOP CLASS Scouting system both at home and abroad

6. A general 'family feel' to ALL who work at the club from juniors and Tea-lady right through to Chairman & Directors ; a house divided against itself cannot stand.....

7.Enough finance to make SENSIBLE buys at the top level when the club achieves stability.

These are the basic needs, and we have NONE of them right now...

The club has been rotten to the core for years now. This is before Ashley came in, this goes all the way back to the latter years of Shepherd's tenure. The lack of a scouting system, these so-called wonderful training facilities getting called nothing more than glorified squash courts when Allardyce came in, the lack of ability to bring through any decent youth players, but not just that, the fact that local lads have been opting to go to places like Middlesbrough instead. All of these issues have needed to be addressed for years now, all to help the long-term future of the club out. Something of which Big Sam to his credit indentified and obviously believed he was in it for the long haul, and he tried to change the culture of the club, although it was a case of it all being too much I feel.

Fair play as well to Ashley on that front, he's identified that youth is the future, although I believe this is more-so about bringing young talent in for cheap and selling them on at a profit years down the line. However the fundemental flaw is the failure in addressing the issues now, that's always going to be a priority.

We definitely need new owners, definitely, despite the club being taken off the market, Ashley isn't interested. He confirmed this on the day that he chose Dennis Wise over Kevin Keegan. We play a huge part in this club, we always have done, we are the livelyhood of it, yet that day proved that Mike Ashley was never going to understand what this club means to all of us. We get lambasted in the press for not accepting 'foreigners' that's not true. All we want is peopel running the club who understands the club, it's true. If people get the city, get the club, then this makes a huge difference. I'm not asking for any new owner to come in and claim his great uncle once shared a pint with Stan Seymour Jnr, but for someone to have a grasp of what this club means to its people. That would be a huge bonus for me.

someone sensible who understands football to come in and buy ashley out and overhaul the entire club from top to bottom, from the dead wood in the first team right through to new training facilities, as well as investing money in the academy, and try to build a connection back to the fans, to make st james park a fun place to be as a fan again.

1. A takeover by someone who is REALLY interested and will devote 100% to the club's future

2.A new, permanent manager who is fairly young and keen to build a CLUB, not just a team.This means involvement in Reserves, Juniors, Academy development ; everything on the playing side...in fact, like SAF who arrives at OT around 7.30 - 8 am most days and deals with all outstanding managerial paperwork etc., the goes on to training, watches Juniors etc etc.

3. Constant development of coaching side via a/m manager so that a system of progression occurs like Shankly had at Liverpool

6. A general 'family feel' to ALL who work at the club from juniors and Tea-lady right through to Chairman & Directors ; a house divided against itself cannot stand.....

7.Enough finance to make SENSIBLE buys at the top level when the club achieves stability.

If Carling made football clubs..... ;D

In seriousness I'm sure that is what we would all want, even more than a zillionairre owner, but that does take time and patience. Whose to say Allardyce wasn't planning along those lines behind the scenes, but had to balance that with the short term reality of getting results so tried to do it the way that had worked at Bolton in the short term?

If Carling made football clubs..... ;D

In seriousness I'm sure that is what we would all want, even more than a zillionairre owner, but that does take time and patience. Whose to say Allardyce wasn't planning along those lines behind the scenes, but had to balance that with the short term reality of getting results so tried to do it the way that had worked at Bolton in the short term?

Fuck no Allardyce isn't that clever

It would help if we appointed a good, long term manager. We only do it once every 4 or 5 appointments. After that, letting him manage would be a good idea too. Weed out the shit, the hangers on and the merceneries and build the squad up again over the next couple of seasons. Of course this involves having a chairman/owner who a) gives a shit about the club and b) knows what the fuck he's doing. Dropping a concrete donkey on Llambias would also be incredibly helpful.

It would help if we appointed a good, long term manager. We only do it once every 4 or 5 appointments. After that, letting him manage would be a good idea too. Weed out the shit, the hangers on and the merceneries and build the squad up again over the next couple of seasons. Of course this involves having a chairman/owner who a) gives a shit about the club and b) knows what the fuck he's doing. Dropping a concrete donkey on Llambias would also be incredibly helpful.

That's the main issue. We haven't had a good manager since Robson.

Since the owner is not changing, he needs to bring in a football-minded competant Chairman.

Survive this season, then get in a permanent manager with a proven track record and who is willing to work with the recruitment system without throwing his toys out of the pram at every disagreement.

Get back on track what Ashley was trying to build before the Keegan debacle.

It would also be nice if the fans could stop being so reactionary and focussed on the short term, and stop abusing their own players, but that's unlikely to happen.

Since the owner is not changing, he needs to bring in a football-minded competant Chairman.

Survive this season, then get in a permanent manager with a proven track record and who is willing to work with the recruitment system without throwing his toys out of the pram at every disagreement.

It would also be nice if the fans could stop being so reactionary and focussed on the short term, and stop abusing their own players, but that's unlikely to happen.

:clap: A calmer version of my rant.

I think Houlier or Deschamps would be perfect for the job - you would like to think both have an extensive network of European contacts, and are names that young players will identify with and want to play for - like Keegan was the first time around.

I'm a huge fan of Keegan, and think the key reason why we as a club can sit mid-table in the most competitive league in the world and still think the world is ending, is because of the magic and expectation his efforts created first time around. However not appointing either of the two names mentioned above (I believe both were tentatively interested) and opting for Keegan was an emotional decision, and has led to the current mess.

:clap: A calmer version of my rant.

I think Houlier or Deschamps would be perfect for the job - you would like to think both have an extensive network of European contacts, and are names that young players will identify with and want to play for - like Keegan was the first time around.

I'm a huge fan of Keegan, and think the key reason why we as a club can sit mid-table in the most competitive league in the world and still think the world is ending, is because of the magic and expectation his efforts created first time around. However not appointing either of the two names mentioned above (I believe both were tentatively interested) and opting for Keegan was an emotional decision, and has led to the current mess.

Didn't Deschamps leave Juve over a disagreement over transfer policy? Not sure if that's true mind.

That's the main issue. We haven't had a good manager since Robson, apart from Kevin Keegan.

I think we need to be relegated to allow  this ship to turn around, as it's the only way I can see poss a new owner turning up and seeing the potential upside with the present regime whether it be Wise Jk et al departing along with some of the crap we call players.

I think we need to be relegated to allow  this ship to turn around, as it's the only way I can see poss a new owner turning up and seeing the potential upside with the present regime whether it be Wise Jk et al departing along with some of the crap we call players.

the sink without a trace theory.

For fucks sake.

Some of the people on this board are fucking clueless. Getting relegated would be one of, nay, THE WORST thing that could happen to us. Everyone seems to have this stupid fucking idea in their head that we'd bounce straight back up. What, like Derby, Watford, Southampton, Ipswich, Norwich, Charlton, Leeds, Sheff Wed and Sheff United all did? We can still clear out the shit players in the summer regardless of what league we are in, it just takes a manager with a bit of fucking sense, and at the moment, we don't have one.

I said this in the match thread last night and I'll say it again: anyone who thinks there are ANY benefits to getting relegated is a fucking basketcase. Think about the fact that less people will buy season tickets, the club will be worth much less, the players who are left will have what bits of confidence they have left shredded again and then vapourised, the expectation level will be for us to get straight back up again, and I personally do not think that would happen, regardless of who we signed in the summer.

All of the above would make this club an even bigger fucking disaster. The Championship is not a fucking part-timers league, it's a very hard League to get out of, and some people don't seem to understand the criteria for getting back to the PL from there: consistency and common sense. Does this club have either of those? No.

Relegation would be like dropping an atom bomb on St James Park. Really. So don't even consider the bloody drop as a 'way out of the crisis'. Because it isn't.

Guest michaelfoster

For f***s sake.

Some of the people on this board are f***ing clueless. Getting relegated would be one of, nay, THE WORST thing that could happen to us. Everyone seems to have this stupid f***ing idea in their head that we'd bounce straight back up. What, like Derby, Watford, Southampton, Ipswich, Norwich, Charlton, Leeds, Sheff Wed and Sheff United all did? We can still clear out the s*** players in the summer regardless of what league we are in, it just takes a manager with a bit of f***ing sense, and at the moment, we don't have one.

I said this in the match thread last night and I'll say it again: anyone who thinks there are ANY benefits to getting relegated is a f***ing basketcase. Think about the fact that less people will buy season tickets, the club will be worth much less, the players who are left will have what bits of confidence they have left shredded again and then vapourised, the expectation level will be for us to get straight back up again, and I personally do not think that would happen, regardless of who we signed in the summer.

All of the above would make this club an even bigger f***ing disaster. The Championship is not a f***ing part-timers league, it's a very hard League to get out of, and some people don't seem to understand the criteria for getting back to the PL from there: consistency and common sense. Does this club have either of those? No.

Relegation would be like dropping an atom bomb on St James Park. Really. So don't even consider the bloody drop as a 'way out of the crisis'. Because it isn't.

I agree with Pilko, i think i need an asprin

Any owner who can only afford to buy us once we have been relegated doesn't have two pennies to rub together so let's put that one to bed right now.

The whole board to go?

Playing personnel?

Management?

Fans expectations?

what needs to happen?

what needs to happen - and I know that this will do down like a lead balloon and certain "long term supporters" will deny or ignore it, but it needs someone to come in with the attitude that the Halls and Shepherd came in with

The whole board to go?

Playing personnel?

Management?

Fans expectations?

what needs to happen?

what needs to happen - and I know that this will do down like a lead balloon and certain "long term supporters" will deny or ignore it, but it needs someone to come in with the attitude that the Halls and Shepherd came in with

i couldn't agree more