Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 Newcastle - 17/01/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Guest Heneage

What a joke that penalty is, why in the modern game must every player be lying cheating bastards , McCarthy just lot what shard of respect I had for him for his days at Porto, sheer twat hope he steps in dog turds every day of his life. Second was pure luck, Gamst knew nothing off it and the third was just tired legs. Could have been different if Butt wasn't useless, bring on these new signings quick.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Christ, Shearer made it sound so f***ing depressing :lol:

He was right though. It's very worrying.

what did he say?

Just got back from one of the worst and depressing way games i've ever been too, a nightmare from start to finish. 

if we stay up it will be a miracle but sadly even if we do survive we are still screwed.  We are probably 5 or 6 players short of having a full squad to cope in the PL and we are on the verge of losing Owen, Given, Viduka, Charlie, Butt, Harper, Geremi, Oba, Cacapa plus the likes of reserve players like Donaldson, Donninger edgar and a few others. 

How much will it cost us to replace that lot and add the 5 players we are short of in the summer???

What a joke that penalty is, why in the modern game must every player be lying cheating bastards , McCarthy just lot what shard of respect I had for him for his days at Porto, sheer twat hope he steps in dog turds every day of his life. Second was pure luck, Gamst knew nothing off it and the third was just tired legs. Could have been different if Butt wasn't useless, bring on these new signings quick.

Yeah, what we need is signings chosen by Dennis Wise or Kinnear The Fantasist. We'd be better off playing Fat Uncle Mike and Lovenkrands' unborn baby (which is the only reason he's anywhere near us) than most players them two daft cunts will choose.

Kinnear has less of a clue than Roeder, Souness or Allardyce, but any fan who didn't start questioning him after the "Owen will let me know in 2 days" LIE is a fucking cretin who no doubt wanted to give Fat Sam more time - gullible wankers.

We were shit today, and the face onm Given when he left the field was what every fan should have......but too many arseholes will keep buying shirts and supporting the manager/club because "that makes you a real fan"....fuck off, you retards.

What a joke that penalty is, why in the modern game must every player be lying cheating bastards , McCarthy just lot what shard of respect I had for him for his days at Porto, sheer t*** hope he steps in dog turds every day of his life. Second was pure luck, Gamst knew nothing off it and the third was just tired legs. Could have been different if Butt wasn't useless, bring on these new signings quick.

Yeah, what we need is signings chosen by Dennis Wise or Kinnear The Fantasist. We'd be better off playing Fat Uncle Mike and Lovenkrands' unborn baby (which is the only reason he's anywhere near us) than most players them two daft c***s will choose.

Kinnear has less of a clue than Roeder, Souness or Allardyce, but any fan who didn't start questioning him after the "Owen will let me know in 2 days" LIE is a f***ing cretin who no doubt wanted to give Fat Sam more time - gullible wankers.

We were s*** today, and the face onm Given when he left the field was what every fan should have......but too many arseholes will keep buying shirts and supporting the manager/club because "that makes you a real fan"....f*** off, you retards.

he's right you know...what we should do,and the fans of every other club that is under performing is stop going,then they'll have to do better.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time, in my opinion, and this result/performance has just about confirmed that the club is going down unless a miracle on the scale of Flight 1549 happens.

Unfortunately, whilst the lucky passengers on that flight had an expert in charge in the form of Sullemberger, NUFC has Kinnear , Llambias, Wise and Ashley trying to land the club in the proverbial Hudson without it breaking-up....my money would be on Sullemberger every time..!!

There have been many on here who keep saying things like 'WBA are already down'  blah blah, and 'Blackburn & Stoke are worse than us, so we'll stay up'...

Well, those who are guilty, what do you think NOW ?

I have never been convinced that WBA were certs because they have continued to play good football and the manager(who I rate very highly indeed)has kept their heads up ; their form is in direct contrast to ours, having won their last 3 home games, yesterday against as side that may well be in the struggle too, so a virtual 6 points...NUFC, on the other hand, have performed abysmally, ESP against sides at the bottom

when they need to get points - witness yesterday's gutless perormance. WBA have played the same number of games as us, equally divided between home & away fixtures and they are just 2 points behind NUFC...if their home form continues as it is now, I would put money on them overhauling us..

Despite losing at Chelsea, Stoke gave them a real fright, and they too are showing more bottle than NUFC.

Only the Mackems and Boro are showing poor form now, although Villa's win at the SOS was hardly a shock.

The body-language of the players basically tells the tale - they are poorly-motivated, the best ones want to leave, and they are ill-equipped for a relegation battle ; all classic signs of a club in disarray..

The manager is totally out of his depth at a club like Newcastle and tactically naive ; the Chairman is a non-entity who shouldn't be in charge of a Go-Kart, never mind NUFC, DOF(in all but name)another square peg in round hole, and as for the Owner - does he EVER learn anything ?

I think those who have never thought about it should start buying maps of England to find out where the Championship clubs are based - you'll be needing them next season..

And, if anyone thinks it will be a quick return to the Prem, look at Reading now...and ask yourself how long famous old clubs like Wolves have been down there...

It may be that the years under SJH and KK were the best years we will have in the modern era and it may be 7 years before NUFC are in a position to make a return to the top strata of football - if EVER.

I'm just glad I saw the club performing as it should between 93-98, and 2001-3.

Guest Heneage

What a joke that penalty is, why in the modern game must every player be lying cheating bastards , McCarthy just lot what shard of respect I had for him for his days at Porto, sheer t*** hope he steps in dog turds every day of his life. Second was pure luck, Gamst knew nothing off it and the third was just tired legs. Could have been different if Butt wasn't useless, bring on these new signings quick.

Yeah, what we need is signings chosen by Dennis Wise or Kinnear The Fantasist. We'd be better off playing Fat Uncle Mike and Lovenkrands' unborn baby (which is the only reason he's anywhere near us) than most players them two daft c***s will choose.

Kinnear has less of a clue than Roeder, Souness or Allardyce, but any fan who didn't start questioning him after the "Owen will let me know in 2 days" LIE is a f***ing cretin who no doubt wanted to give Fat Sam more time - gullible wankers.

We were s*** today, and the face onm Given when he left the field was what every fan should have......but too many arseholes will keep buying shirts and supporting the manager/club because "that makes you a real fan"....f*** off, you retards.

At the end of the day currently playing staff aren't doing it, I'd be quite happy to give Lovenkrands a try as he actually seems to have something about him, I couldn't care if he was going to set up a Satanic church on Northumberland Street he's here, and if he does a job great. Am I happy with Ashley Et al? No not really, but its not likely to change anytime soon, so what should I do ? Protest? Like a true fan, stand there chanting retarded statements that have no real meaning while holding banners that serve no purpose other than to insult someone's height/weight or their striking similarity to a vertically challenged fairy tale creature? Meanwhile scaring off any potential buyer, or potential manager who could turn this club which I love round.

Instead, I wait seeing that there is a good few days left in the window, and 3 potential signings lined up for next week, I wait to see if they follow the level of quality I watched in the summer when Jonas and Colocinni were signed. I wait to see if outside of these 3 any  other signings are to be made. I do not threaten to boycott shops or never buy a top, nor do I say I will buy a top, I make a decision on whether I want to at the time I make no commitment either way, I see how much money I have, If I want one, etc, my purchases relating to the club have never nor will ever be governed by those in charge, I support Newcastle United not the monkey and organ grinder behind it.

All in all, there is a time to bitch and moan, and there is a time to just shut up and get on with it, feel free to do the former, as I intend to do the latter.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time, in my opinion, and this result/performance has just about confirmed that the club is going down unless a miracle on the scale of Flight 1549 happens.

Unfortunately, whilst the lucky passengers on that flight had an expert in charge in the form of Sullemberger, NUFC has Kinnear , Llambias, Wise and Ashley trying to land the club in the proverbial Hudson without it breaking-up....my money would be on Sullemberger every time..!!

There have been many on here who keep saying things like 'WBA are already down'  blah blah, and 'Blackburn & Stoke are worse than us, so we'll stay up'...

I have never been convinced that WBA were certs because they have continued to play good football and the manager(who I rate very highly indeed)has kept their heads up ; their form is in direct contrast to ours, having won their last 3 home games, yesterday against as side that may well be in the struggle too, so a virtual 6 points...NUFC, on the other hand, have performed abysmally, ESP against sides at the bottom

when they need to get points - witness yesterday's gutless perormance. WBA have played the same number of games as us, equally divided between home & away fixtures and they are just 2 points behind NUFC...if their home form continues as it is now, I would put money on them overhauling us..

Despite losing at Chelsea, Stoke gave them a real fright, and they too are showing more bottle than NUFC.

Only the Mackems and Boro are showing poor form now, although Villa's win at the SOS was hardly a shock.

The body-language of the players basically tells the tale - they are poorly-motivated, the best ones want to leave, and they are ill-equipped for a relegation battle ; all classic signs of a club in disarray..

The manager is totally out of his depth at a club like Newcastle and tactically naive ; the Chairman is a non-entity who shouldn't be in charge of a Go-Kart, never mind NUFC, DOF(in all but name)another square peg in round hole, and as for the Owner - does he EVER learn anything ?

I think those who have never thought about it should start buying maps of England to find out where the Championship clubs are based - you'll be needing them next season..

And, if anyone thinks it will be a quick return to the Prem, look at Reading now...and ask yourself how long famous old clubs like Wolves have been down there...

It may be that the years under SJH and KK were the best years we will have in the modern era and it may be 7 years before NUFC are in a position to make a return to the top strata of football - if EVER.

That's an intresting knee-jerk reaction right there. While I agree with some of your post your forgetting one key factor. Form, it can change, even with the slightest bit of luck. Yes in current form it isn't looking good but it only takes one large slice of luck to turn the whole issue on it's head. We just need to hope it changes sooner rather than later.

Worst away game ive been to in a very long time, as Merlin said above there is not 3 teams worse than us, we really do need to hope the league table stays as tight as it is and we can hopefully string a few wins together at some point.

What a embarrassment the fenhurst was pre match, i was inside looking out onto the carpark and it was like a kids play ground, people spraying drinks and throwing cans around.

We're still above Sundlund though monkey.

You're a good poster NM. Don't trash your sense and intelligence with crap like the above. No one is happy, in fact most, if not all, are bloody fucking livid!! It's obviously not just Kinnear, or Wise, or Ashley. It's the whole damn fucking mess. All of it combined.

That's an intresting knee-jerk reaction right there. While I agree with some of your post your forgetting one key factor. Form, it can change, even with the slightest bit of luck. Yes in current form it isn't looking good but it only takes one large slice of luck to turn the whole issue on it's head. We just need to hope it changes sooner rather than later.

Nothing to do with knee-jerk(I've been saying the side is not good enough to stay up for a while, and my RELEGATIONMETER assessment was a 7 - WEEKS ago..) OR Form...the players' attitude tells you everything because those that CAN play, don't want to, and those that may want to play aren't up to it..

I don't know whether you have ever seen a Newcastle side relegated, but I have - TWICE...believe me, this side is showing all the signs of those predecessors..

As others have said, it was an even game until the penalty, but it's the sort of result that really hits morale. The players will have got the message that even when they play reasonably well, they still lose 3-0.

The arrival of new players can lift morale, and that's what we need.

Guest toonlass

As others have said, it was an even game until the penalty, but it's the sort of result that really hits morale. The players will have got the message that even when they play reasonably well, they still lose 3-0.

The arrival of new players can lift morale, and that's what we need.

What new players? We are over half way through the transfer window, and we have signed no-one! Peter Lovenkrands, if he signs, is not going to save this club from relegation.

I don't know whether you have ever seen a Newcastle side relegated, but I have - TWICE...believe me, this side is showing all the signs of those predecessors..

Yes, we are in dire straits and either people don't recognise what they are seeing or are refusing to acknowledge it. Relegation is a very real prospect.

A month ago the middle of the table had us only 3 or 4 points off 5th or 6th place and about 8pts clear of bottom. That picture has changed radically with the top 7 putting daylight between them and the middle.

20th - 12th, 3 pts seperate them all and absolutley any 3 of those 9 clubs could go down.