The Mackems Game

Tooj

I'm shitting bricks for this one, tbh. Losing just simply is not an option.

The mackems havnt been playing that bad recently, even if they havnt been picking up points. Jones and Cisse will be a right handful on the day and Colo and Bassong will have to be on the top of their game for us to have a chance. From what I saw from the game in October, our defence couldnt handle Jones when he came on... :no:

If we lose this we will be almost condemed to relegation. There will be mayhem after the game from our fans.

From the outside, this will be a game where people could really realise how much trouble Newcastle are in.

Personally I think you'll win. The thing is though, if not a performance, passion would get you through to a win in similar games in the past.

Does the team have that same passion? If you don't win, it might sink in to outsiders that it really is a desperate time.

Imo, it'll simply be the team that plays less badly that wins. Could be a right slog.

Been the case for a lot of our games this seasons really

Prepare for defeat and it's win-win. Won't hurt as much when we do lose/feel even better if we win.

Can see us getting soundly beaten tbh and it's gonna be hard to take.

Tell me you're joking btw?

Prepare for defeat and it's win-win. Won't hurt as much when we do lose/feel even better if we win.

It'll hurt just as much.

No. It'll hurt either way.

Defeatist attitude i know, but it'll sting more if we go into the game expecting to turn them over.

No. It'll hurt either way.

Defeatist attitude i know, but it'll sting more if we go into the game expecting to turn them over.

It won't man. Any defeat against that lot will always hurt me deeply, even if I'm preparing for the worst already. Doesn't help that I'm working in South Shields atm as well.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We're fucked atm. Our squad has a desperate lack of quality which people don't seem to admit/realise, and we also don't have the hunger to win like a team from a 3rd world country like Sunderland

Guest icemanblue

It's amusing how easy it is for people not from the area to say 'oh it's ok, just expect to get beat and you'll be fine'.  I don't think they quite grasp the level of hatred between the two regions, and what it means to each of us.

It's amusing how easy it is for people not from the area to say 'oh it's ok, just expect to get beat and you'll be fine'.  I don't think they quite grasp the level of hatred between the two regions, and what it means to each of us.

Er, yeah i do - ta. I've been nurtured by a Geordie family and i'm hardly alien to the region, i still call it home half the time. Stop making up quotes, btw.

The point i was making was that if we expect a win then it'll hurt a lot more. Imo anyway. So i'm trying to restrict too much hope for the game... it's gonna be horrible either way.

Guest Stephen927

Can't stand the thought of them doing the double over us.

It's an old cliche but a win against the unwashed and it could kick start our season.

stick a tenner on them and it softens the blow

I could never but against me team...especially in this kind of game. Shameful stuff that is.

On the contrary. it makes perfect sense. We are crap. I do it all the time.

If the bet loses you dont care, but at least you can get some financial compo when the results are bad.

You might as well get something out of the heartbreak.

Hate Derby games at the best of times, without it being a relegation battle. They're crap too. A lot will depend on who's up for it the most, and that's what worries me.

Would love to have Martins back, but i'll be surprised if he makes it in time.

Guest toonlass

Physioroom has Oba (yay), Smith (yawn), Cacapa (double yawn), Ameobi (meh) and Viduka (ok) possibly back in time for the mackems. Oba and Viduka in the team/squad would be a boost

Physioroom has Oba (yay), Smith (yawn), Cacapa (double yawn), Ameobi (meh) and Viduka (ok) possibly back in time for the mackems. Oba and Viduka in the team/squad would be a boost

What´s the official news on Oba? Is he even training with the others yet? Oba would be a massive boost for us on the 1st of Feb, just hope he will feature some part of that game.,

biggest game in the clubs recent history (although a case can be made for almost going down to the 3rd tier!). im absolutely petrified, gonna be a horrible day. if we dont win, we're gonners. but if we win, we give ourselves a fighting chance to stay up. monumental game........the pressures gonna be immense!

We'll beat the mackems, my guess is 3-1, they are shit and we're playing at home.  The atmosphere should be brilliant, if this game can't lift the players then nothing can.  I think it could turn our season around.

I can't wait.