Black Power!

Guest sicko2ndbest

We may have more Black power but White power is also there with Williamson, Carroll, Enrique. All powerful lads and add that to the Black power, we have a good mix of Black and White power  :facepalm:

We will certaintly need all this power when we Stoke come by next.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He IS a robot. Sent back through time to rid the world of Alan Smiths.

Imagine if that had been the name of the target. Terminator films would have been 5 weeks long as he worked his way through the phonebook.  :facepalm:

Not sure how Sol is going to get in the team at the moment, besides injury. Colo and the Big Willy have looked a good Premier League pairing so far.

Not sure how Sol is going to get in the team at the moment, besides injury. Colo and the Big Willy have looked a good Premier League pairing so far.

perch suspended. Move Colo to right back, bring campbell in? Not ideal moving colo out there, but might be an option. I suspect Colo would be a vast improvement at rb than perch or raylor.

Perch is only suspended though for the league cup game. I think Ryan Taylor would gave started regardless of the suspension.

na im just saying though, when you say if cambell could get in the team. Stoke is going to be a big test when they lump balls into our box. Campbell could be very handy in there. Dont think CH would move Colo to right back though.

I agree that Sol Campbell should play against Stoke, they're the tallest team in the league and Williamson and Coloccini are not exactly the most physical defenders

You must be watching a different Williamson to me.

I agree that Sol Campbell should play against Stoke, they're the tallest team in the league and Williamson and Coloccini are not exactly the most physical defenders

Naa I know he's tall, but still, I would like a bigger and more physical defender like Sol to mark Kenwyne Jones.

Naa I know he's tall, but still, I would like a bigger and more physical defender like Sol to mark Kenwyne Jones.

I think Williamson is more than physical enough. Have seen nothing to suggest otherwise so far. If anything he has been lucky a couple of times in the box not giving away a pen in being overly physical. Its Coloccini I'd worry about against Stoke but providing Williamson is on Jones and Colo covers Walters or Fuller or whoever else plays we should be fine.

Williamson isn't that strong, but can handle the physical side, and he's not averse to the professional dark arts. If he can't get the ball, he usually makes sure his opponent can't either.

But I would still pick Campbell for Stoke, and move Williamson to RB instead of Perch. We're going to face an aerial bombardment, and need all the strength we can get in that area.

Plus Coloccini still isn't that great defensively at set pieces, and will need help.

Williamson isn't that strong, but can handle the physical side, and he's not averse to the professional dark arts. If he can't get the ball, he usually makes sure his opponent can't either.

But I would still pick Campbell for Stoke, and move Williamson to RB instead of Perch. We're going to face an aerial bombardment, and need all the strength we can get in that area.

Plus Coloccini still isn't that great defensively at set pieces, and will need help.

I have seen nothing to suggest that he would be remotely good at full back. Yes he is a solid defender but you need more than this to play FB effectively. His control/vision/distribution isn't good enough to play there, especially in a game where we'll need to attack the opposition and take the iniative to them. Nor can I imagine him overlapping Routledge and putting a ball - something we're going to need as we'll need to try to get in behind Stoke and get them turned to expose their lack of pace at the back.

I have seen nothing to suggest that he would be remotely good at full back. Yes he is a solid defender but you need more than this to play FB effectively. His control/vision/distribution isn't good enough to play there, especially in a game where we'll need to attack the opposition and take the iniative to them. Nor can I imagine him overlapping Routledge and putting a ball - something we're going to need as we'll need to try to get in behind Stoke and get them turned to expose their lack of pace at the back.

Has he not filled in at RB in a game last season? I can't remember.

It's not ideal, but Perch looks very vulnerable in the air and I think we need that extra protection.

His ball control actually isn't that bad. He can pass quite accurately. True, he won't be a lot of help to Routledge going forward, but neither is Perch at the moment.

A crucial point here is Coloccini, who doesn't win many aerial battles from the opposition's set pieces. With all those throw ins coming in, we do look vulnerable to a sucker punch.

It's not ideal, but Perch looks very vulnerable in the air and I think we need that extra protection.

His ball control actually isn't that bad. He can pass quite accurately. True, he won't be a lot of help to Routledge going forward, but neither is Perch at the moment.

A crucial point here is Coloccini, who doesn't win many aerial battles from the opposition's set pieces. With all those throw ins coming in, we do look vulnerable to a sucker punch.

His ball control/passing is fine although it could be improved, not saying its bad, but when you're playing FB you have to have a little bit more about you than when playing CB which i don't think he has.

Think Perch has done ok going forward, he's no Jose but he is always an option and as for him being poor in the air I can't see that myself, wins a lot in the air, is 6ft+ or he looks it. Its his tackling and his positional sense that has been letting him down. Wouldn't shock me if Carroll comes back to defend quite a bit when Delap is hoying them in anyway.

His ball control/passing is fine although it could be improved, not saying its bad, but when you're playing FB you have to have a little bit more about you than when playing CB which i don't think he has.

Think Perch has done ok going forward, he's no Jose but he is always an option and as for him being poor in the air I can't see that myself, wins a lot in the air, is 6ft+ or he looks it. Its his tackling and his positional sense that has been letting him down. Wouldn't shock me if Carroll comes back to defend quite a bit when Delap is hoying them in anyway.

The game could have a lot of goals in it, Stokes defence is in a shocking condition and Sorensen isn't doing so good either at the moment.

Ben Arfa vs Huth and Routledge vs Danny Collins, that's gonna be interesting.

The game could have a lot of goals in it, Stokes defence is in a shocking condition and Sorensen isn't doing so good either at the moment.

Ben Arfa vs Huth and Routledge vs Danny Collins, that's gonna be interesting.

That'll be Ben Arfa going off injured after 10min then.

He IS a robot. Sent back through time to rid the world of Alan Smiths.

Imagine if that had been the name of the target. Terminator films would have been 5 weeks long as he worked his way through the phonebook.  :facepalm:

Smith With a gun would be a laugh just like his recent scoring record :hunter:

Why the hell do we HAVE to accomodate a 36 year old Sol Campbell may I ask? Wreck a decent CB pairing because of Perch? no thanks

i dont think its a case of accomodating him, its more the fact we are playing stoke and could do with a bit of muscle in the box. Stoke is going to be a really difficult game, and we need someone to boss the box when Delap is throwing balls in from 498 yards.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thanks guys for keeping this thread active!

For the record Hughton agrees

Simpson

Harewood

Tiote

Campbell

Routledge

Best

Perch

Van Aanholt

Hall

Pancrate

are 10 of his 14 signings, with only Khish, Williamson, Arfa and Gosling not of black heritage

I feel vindicated

;)

Thanks guys for keeping this thread active!

For the record Hughton agrees

Simpson

Harewood

Tiote

Campbell

Routledge

Best

Perch

Van Aanholt

Hall

Pancrate

are 10 of his 14 signings, with only Khish, Williamson, Arfa and Gosling not of black heritage

I feel vindicated

;)

How do you know they have no black heritage?