Black Power!

Guest sicko2ndbest

My favourite player of all time was Pele, who of course, happened to be black, but more importantly, he was Brazilian...

The comment about African teams is often true, whereas nobody accuses Brazil of lacking nous - nor should they..its all about culture rather than colour.

In any case, Brazil's great side of 1970, although having Pele and Jairzinho, both black , also had Tostao and Rivelinho - both white and both great players...Clodoaldo was also neither Black nor white, but a fantastic midfielder..

The side of 78 & 82 had Zico and Socrates, both white but both great players ; many people think the 82 side was the best since 1970 and even better than those of 94 and 2002 who won the WC, so colour really doesn't come into it - ability does..

The reason there are so many physical black players in the English game is because , as in Brazil, these kids often come from poor or disadvantaged backgrounds and sport is a major way of improving their lives, whereas areas like the NE & Scotland, which used to produce top players, are now relatively prosperous so the kids don't need to use football to get a good life - too much time spent watching TV or on computers..

My favourite player of all time was Pele, who of course, happened to be black, but more importantly, he was Brazilian...

The comment about African teams is often true, whereas nobody accuses Brazil of lacking nous - nor should they..its all about culture rather than colour.

In any case, Brazil's great side of 1970, although having Pele and Jairzinho, both black , also had Tostao and Rivelinho - both white and both great players...Clodoaldo was also neither Black nor white, but a fantastic midfielder..

The side of 78 & 82 had Zico and Socrates, both white but both great players ; many people think the 82 side was the best since 1970 and even better than those of 94 and 2002 who won the WC, so colour really doesn't come into it - ability does..

The reason there are so many physical black players in the English game is because , as in Brazil, these kids often come from poor or disadvantaged backgrounds and sport is a major way of improving their lives, whereas areas like the NE & Scotland, which used to produce top players, are now relatively prosperous so the kids don't need to use football to get a good life - too much time spent watching TV or on computers..

Social & economic demographic related, relates to the African-influx in the European game over the last decade.

Also transcends to a range of sports as well. American football, basketball & boxing have always and will be black-dominated sports as youngsters - whose parents can't send their kids to ivy league schools, on money alone - look for a means of as you say improving their standard of living. Although in some cases a college, or pro-franchise, still can't eradicate the hood out of the athlete - as seen by the number of shootings over the years.

President Obama is black and he has loads of power.

He is both white and black.

That's no coincidence. We should sign him.

Yes going by the logic of this thread, he will have the skills of a white man and the POWER of a black man.

Guest s0ftcore

Yes going by the logic of this thread, he will have the skills of a white man and the POWER of a black man.

What kinda "POWER"? ;)

What kinda "POWER"? ;)

The power of ten tigers, just like the phonatom.

• 1 year later...

It is a reasonable point though isn't it? There is plenty of empirical evidence to suggest that the bone structure and mass of black people helps in terms of power and pace. Never been proven but looking at 100m sprinters, heavyweight boxers and the lack of black lads in swimming finals tends to help to give it some credence.

Anyway, whilst Arsenal and Portsmouth may have had successful seasons with prodominantly black players of with athleticism and pace and power it doesn't entirely mean every black player is fast or powerful or skilful. Or talented - see Obafemi Martins or John Utaka.

Football may be faster and players more athletic but I doubt you could simply get Usain Bolt to swap sports could you? In the end, at the top level, your touch and footballing brain will be the key factors between decent and very good.

I take the point though and I am fairly certain that football will end up with an awful lot more black players in the top flight as African nations develop etc. However, that is about as far it goes.

Greatest player I ever saw was Maradona and he was white.

If you are asking whether we need more power in the side I would say no by the way. That is one thing we have in spades. What we don't have is pace or creative ability.

It is a reasonable point though isn't it? There is plenty of empirical evidence to suggest that the bone structure and mass of black people helps in terms of power and pace. Never been proven but looking at 100m sprinters, heavyweight boxers and the lack of black lads in swimming finals tends to help to give it some credence.

Anyway, whilst Arsenal and Portsmouth may have had successful seasons with prodominantly black players of with athleticism and pace and power it doesn't entirely mean every black player is fast or powerful or skilful. Or talented - see Obafemi Martins or John Utaka.

Football may be faster and players more athletic but I doubt you could simply get Usain Bolt to swap sports could you? In the end, at the top level, your touch and footballing brain will be the key factors between decent and very good.

I take the point though and I am fairly certain that football will end up with an awful lot more black players in the top flight as African nations develop etc. However, that is about as far it goes.

If you are asking whether we need more power in the side I would say no by the way. That is one thing we have in spades. What we don't have is pace or creative ability.

Don't start taking this thread seriously, ffs.

Don't start taking this thread seriously, ffs.

Who made you boss, like? The point he makes is entirely valid. Why not contribute rather than come up that kind of half-witted remark?

There is a modicum of sense in this racism. Black people are genetically inclined to possessing certain physical attributes, which is why the fastest people in world tend to be black and the best swimmers tend not to be.

Personally, I don't believe it's constructive to talk about human qualities in terms of race/ skin colour. Maybe we lack players with certain physical attributes. Most of those players might be black, but why emphasise that when it's essentially unimportant?