Black Power!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yeah, Portsmouth are doing really well with all their black power, aren't they?

Racist.

I bet Jesse Jackson's creaming his pants reading this.

How is what I said there any more or less racist than what everyone else has said, especially the OP? :lol:

The OP reckons black players are the dogs danglies, well Pompey have a team full, and they are shit. hth

Its a little stereotypical, i know, but most black footballers have 2 things in their armoury, strength and pace. I am not trying to pigeonhole them as i know different 'black' players have a number of other qualities from Rio Ferdinands fantastic reading of a game to Ashley Youngs fantastic trickery and delivery.

I look at some of the other premier league sides and they seem to have a more ethnically diverse squad.

We have Cacapa, Martins, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Beye, Ameobi. We have more than enough black players. We also have Given, Coloccini, Enrique, Duff, Gonzalez, Gutierrez, Xisco, Viduka. Our squad is far far from being ethnically monotomous.

A few examples of influential black players within their squad

Everton: Yobo, Lescott, Yakubu

Arsenal: Gallas, Adebayour, Toure, Clichy

Chelsea: Drogba, Anelka

Stoke: Fuller, Faye, Cort

Portsmouth: Distin, Johnson, PBD

Villa: Young, Gabby, Davies

I know there are other good examples, and also other contradictory examples like Man Utd who have a 'white dominated' squad take out Rio and Evra, but they do have the advantage of spending big.

Your very own point simply shows that it is not about race, but about actualy merit. Rooney is so strong and powerful, I would rather have Rooney based on his merit rather than another black striker based on his skin colour

Stoke have filled their side with power and that is their one chance of survival. Hull have Boateng in the middle and have just loaned Manucho, Bolton have Muamba in the middle and have just signed Makkuluka?

Extremely poor examples! Stoke is in the relegation zone, so what does this say about "black players"? What's the point of buying black for buying black sake? No point! Hull have Boateng in the middle but Boateng is hardly powerful. Hull has Boateng not because he is black but because he is cheap (1m), he is influential (Boro captain), he is experienced, and he has track record. Not because he is black. Bolton has Muamba in the middle because Megson thinks he could do a job there. Bolton signed Makkuluka, so what? Bolton also signed Elmander last summer. Your point is? You can't just clutch on any black straw!

We currently have Beye, Geremi, Martins, Bass, Ameobi and Zog. Geremi lacks both power and pace, Ameobi lacks pace, Zog lacks power. Only Bassong, Martins and Beye are influential on the first team, and that is because they have these attributes in abundance, as well as the obvious others. Beye and Martins are so influential, as the past month has highlighted. I know theres no point in looking back but losing Faye in the summer has been a massive loss. I think he would have replaced Butt and added some much needed power to the middle of the park.

Exactly. In your own words, black power is nonsense. Newcastle United are the best example. Plenty of "blacks", little of power. Lossing Faye is a massive lost, because he was a decent player, not because he was black. I wouldn't mind replacing Faye with white powers like Vidic, Terry and Carragher. And I wouldn't mind replacing Butt with white powers like Mascherano, Gerrard, Lampard, Flamini.

I think MBia if we do get him, will make a big difference. It will make even more difference when we are not playing well. Power and pace are things you have regardless of whether you are having a good game or not, and in a lot of cases gets you out of trouble.

Exactly. Power and pace are admirable attributes, not skin colour.

What a ridiculously constructed post.

Its a little stereotypical, i know, but most black footballers have 2 things in their armoury, strength and pace. I am not trying to pigeonhole them as i know different 'black' players have a number of other qualities from Rio Ferdinands fantastic reading of a game to Ashley Youngs fantastic trickery and delivery.

I look at some of the other premier league sides and they seem to have a more ethnically diverse squad.

We have Cacapa, Martins, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Beye, Ameobi. We have more than enough black players. We also have Given, Coloccini, Enrique, Duff, Gonzalez, Gutierrez, Xisco, Viduka. Our squad is far far from being ethnically monotomous.[/color=red]

A few examples of influential black players within their squad

Everton: Yobo, Lescott, Yakubu

Arsenal: Gallas, Adebayour, Toure, Clichy

Chelsea: Drogba, Anelka

Stoke: Fuller, Faye, Cort

Portsmouth: Distin, Johnson, PBD

Villa: Young, Gabby, Davies

I know there are other good examples, and also other contradictory examples like Man Utd who have a 'white dominated' squad take out Rio and Evra, but they do have the advantage of spending big.

Your very own point simply shows that it is about race, but about actualy merit. Rooney is so strong and powerful, I would rather have Rooney based on his merit rather than another black striker based on his skin colour[/color=red]

Stoke have filled their side with power and that is their one chance of survival. Hull have Boateng in the middle and have just loaned Manucho, Bolton have Muamba in the middle and have just signed Makkuluka?

Extremely poor examples! Stoke is in the relegation zone, so what does this say about "black players"? What's the point of buying black for buying black sake? No point! Hull have Boateng in the middle but Boateng is hardly powerful. Hull has Boateng not because he is black but because he is cheap (1m), he is influential (Boro captain), he is experienced, and he has track record. Not because he is black. Bolton has Muamba in the middle because Megson thinks he could do a job there. Bolton signed Makkuluka, so what? Bolton also signed Elmander last summer. Your point is? You can't just clutch on any black straw![/color=red]

We currently have Beye, Geremi, Martins, Bass, Ameobi and Zog. Geremi lacks both power and pace, Ameobi lacks pace, Zog lacks power. Only Bassong, Martins and Beye are influential on the first team, and that is because they have these attributes in abundance, as well as the obvious others. Beye and Martins are so influential, as the past month has highlighted. I know theres no point in looking back but losing Faye in the summer has been a massive loss. I think he would have replaced Butt and added some much needed power to the middle of the park.

Exactly. In your own words, black power is nonsense. Newcastle United are the best example. Plenty of "blacks", little of power. Lossing Faye is a massive lost, because he was a decent player, not because he was black. I wouldn't mind replacing Faye with white powers like Vidic, Terry and Carragher. And I wouldn't mind replacing Butt with white powers like Mascherano, Gerrard, Lampard, Flamini.[/color=red]

I think MBia if we do get him, will make a big difference. It will make even more difference when we are not playing well. Power and pace are things you have regardless of whether you are having a good game or not, and in a lot of cases gets you out of trouble.

Exactly. Power and pace are admirable attributes, not skin colour.[/color=red]

What a ridiculously constructed post.

I agree.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a stupid point, just because athleticism is associated more with black people doesn't mean it's exclusive to them.

Black power.. idiot.

This is a valid point and one i take on board, however, my point is also to highlight how influential Beye and Martins are on our first team.

But Rooney and Zambrotta would be influential to our team. The nationality or race of a player shouldn't come into their physical attributes.

It's like saying only Brazilians play with flair, so lets get a few of them in.

Why is the semi final and final of the Olympic 100m always contested by black athletes. Its because they are faster than white athletes. That is not racist but a FACT.

American football, Basketball are heavily populated by black athletes, because of their power and pace.

I think my point is completely valid!

Not that many in the NHL I notice.  :shifty:

You can go on about power and pace all you want but these attributes aren't exclusive to any race and you're making a very sweeping generalisation by saying that. Besides, pace and power are not the only contributing factors  to a successful football team, or indeed any sports team for that matter. You've got a valid point by saying we need more steel in the side, but by saying we need it from black people specifically is just stupid and small minded.

It is not small minded at all.

We lack power and pace. Some black players have both of these attributes in abundance. I think you are naive and socially reclusive if you think otherwise

If I'm naive and 'socially reclusive' for thinking that power and pace aren't exclusive to black athletes then so be it.

The fact that you've dropped to name calling because hardly anyone agrees with your opinion says it all really.

Bet we'd be f***ed when the ACN came about if you was the manager.

Closing post:

We lack power ( power = strength x speed)

Make your own mind up!

BTW All the white players that have been mentioned so far with the same attributes: Carragher, Vidic, Rooney, Terry, Gerrard would al cost more than 30mil. Now thats racist  ;)

What a stupid point, just because athleticism is associated more with black people doesn't mean it's exclusive to them.

Black power.. idiot.

This is a valid point and one i take on board, however, my point is also to highlight how influential Beye and Martins are on our first team.

bit like Bellamy and Robert transforming us into a champion's league side and arguably the best counter attacking team in the league.

Look at Pompey last season

James

Johnson Distin Campbell

PBD Diarra Muntari

Benjani

They were the best counter attaking team in the league, because they were defensively sound and offensively powerful and rapid.

i'm not saying there arent athletic black players. i am saying there are also athletic white players, and black players who are unathletic. your OP demolishes your own argument by mentioning the likes of geremi and shola (not to mention cacapa). im sure enrique is a damn sight stronger and quicker than Babayaro was too and Jonas gives us the pace and strong forward running we've lacked since Dyer, sometimes two players can't bring him down. nothing to do with his race, everything to do with his inherent talent and attributes.

we dont need more white lads, or more black lads, we need more athleticism and better players full stop.

Ok name a white player with the athleticism and ability that would fill the void!

are we talking realistic targets like johnson, veloso, digard or anyone like mascherano, de rossi, poulsen, gago, cambiasso, pandev, hargreaves, marquez, perrotta, gattuso, gerrard etc etc etc.

you seriously think there's no imposing white midfielders and no soft or slow black players? fucking hell lad im embarrased for you  :idiot2:

Black power.. idiot.

But Rooney and Zambrotta would be influential to our team. The nationality or race of a player shouldn't come into their physical attributes.

Why is the semi final and final of the Olympic 100m always contested by black athletes. Its because they are faster than white athletes. That is not racist but a FACT.

American football, Basketball are heavily populated by black athletes, because of their power and pace.

You can go on about power and pace all you want but these attributes aren't exclusive to any race and you're making a very sweeping generalisation by saying that. Besides, pace and power are not the only contributing factors  to a successful football team, or indeed any sports team for that matter. You've got a valid point by saying we need more steel in the side, but by saying we need it from black people specifically is just stupid and small minded.

We lack power and pace. Some black players have both of these attributes in abundance. I think you are naive and socially reclusive if you think otherwise

If I'm naive and 'socially reclusive' for thinking that power and pace aren't exclusive to black athletes then so be it.

The fact that you've dropped to name calling because hardly anyone agrees with your opinion says it all really.

Closing post:

Make your own mind up!

Two words:

Jermaine Jenas

Black power.. idiot.

Closing post:

Make your own mind up!

NO-ONE is denying this... but why are you so focused on the colour of their skin? It's a stereotype that should have no bearing on the point that you're trying to make!

It's like saying that all Asians are good at maths and all Jews are lawyers with big noses.

Guest LucaAltieri

Black power.. idiot.

Closing post:

Make your own mind up!

Two words:

Jermaine Jenas

Isn't he half and half? Sort of Barack-black.

Guest Heneage

Racist.

How is what I said there any more or less racist than what everyone else has said, especially the OP? :lol:

The OP reckons black players are the dogs danglies, well Pompey have a team full, and they are s***. hth

So you are saying in fact Black players are not good? Ergo are bad? Sounds like racism to me Pilko, is that what you want? 11 blonde haired blue eyed players? 10 Beckhams and one Ian Walker. You should be ashamed mate really, are you racist with your black friends?  

Racist.

The OP reckons black players are the dogs danglies, well Pompey have a team full, and they are s***. hth

So you are saying in fact Black players are not good? Ergo are bad? Sounds like racism to me Pilko, is that what you want? 11 blonde haired blue eyed players? 10 Beckhams and one Ian Walker. You should be ashamed mate really, are you racist with your black friends?  

Since when has Beckham been a natural blonde?

Guest Heneage

Racist.

Since when has this been Loose Women?

Guest LucaAltieri

Racist.

Since when has this been Loose Women?

This board has always had a menstrual cycle.

f***ing hell, never thought I'd see this. The OP says 'black players have strength and pace' and then lists a load of our black players who have no such thing.

I'd lol if it wasn't so disturbing.

Again!!!! read the OP

I say Martins, Beye and Bass are our only influential black players!

Mate, give it up FFS, you've got no defence for this one.

I'm literally amazed.

Coming to a store near you:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9166/pcnufckitut8.jpg

Difference between the guy in the pic and sicko though is that the guy in the picture is not racist, he's black and white.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Coming to a store near you:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9166/pcnufckitut8.jpg

Difference between the guy in the pic and sicko though is that the guy in the picture is not racist, he's black and white.

Thanks James :(

FWIW, I can see what Sicko2ndBest is trying to say and I would happily back him up and say its not said with a rascist tack.

Its a minefield though

Yeah, I know and I'm sure everyone else does on the whole. Deserves some ribbing though.