Black Power!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its a little stereotypical, i know, but most black footballers have 2 things in their armoury, strength and pace. I am not trying to pigeonhole them as i know different 'black' players have a number of other qualities from Rio Ferdinands fantastic reading of a game to Ashley Youngs fantastic trickery and delivery.

I look at some of the other premier league sides and they seem to have a more ethnically diverse squad.

A few examples of influential black players within their squad

Everton: Yobo, Lescott, Yakubu

Arsenal: Gallas, Adebayour, Toure, Clichy

Chelsea: Drogba, Anelka

Stoke: Fuller, Faye, Cort

Portsmouth: Distin, Johnson, PBD

Villa: Young, Gabby, Davies

I know there are other good examples, and also other contradictory examples like Man Utd who have a 'white dominated' squad take out Rio and Evra, but they do have the advantage of spending big.

Stoke have filled their side with power and that is their one chance of survival. Hull have Boateng in the middle and have just loaned Manucho, Bolton have Muamba in the middle and have just signed Makkuluka?

We currently have Beye, Geremi, Martins, Bass, Ameobi and Zog. Geremi lacks both power and pace, Ameobi lacks pace, Zog lacks power. Only Bassong, Martins and Beye are influential on the first team, and that is because they have these attributes in abundance, as well as the obvious others. Beye and Martins are so influential, as the past month has highlighted. I know theres no point in looking back but losing Faye in the summer has been a massive loss. I think he would have replaced Butt and added some much needed power to the middle of the park.

I think MBia if we do get him, will make a big difference. It will make even more difference when we are not playing well. Power and pace are things you have regardless of whether you are having a good game or not, and in a lot of cases gets you out of trouble.

Its a good job shearer was Black,.....oh hang on

Guest Heneage

Its a little stereotypical, i know, but most black footballers have 2 things in their armoury, strength and pace. I am not trying to pigeonhole them as i know different 'black' players have a number of other qualities from Rio Ferdinands fantastic reading of a game to Ashley Youngs fantastic trickery and delivery.

I look at some of the other premier league sides and they seem to have a more ethnically diverse squad.

I know there are other good examples, and also other contradictory examples like Man Utd who have a 'white dominated' squad take out Rio and Evra, but they do have the advantage of spending big.

Stoke have filled their side with power and that is their one chance of survival. Hull have Boateng in the middle and have just loaned Manucho, Bolton have Muamba in the middle and have just signed Makkuluka?

We currently have Beye, Geremi, Martins, Bass, Ameobi and Zog. Geremi lacks both power and pace, Ameobi lacks pace, Zog lacks power. Only Bassong, Martins and Beye are influential on the first team, and that is because they have these attributes in abundance, as well as the obvious others. Beye and Martins are so influential, as the past month has highlighted. I know theres no point in looking back but losing Faye in the summer has been a massive loss. I think he would have replaced Butt and added some much needed power to the middle of the park.

I think MBia if we do get him, will make a big difference. It will make even more difference when we are not playing well. Power and pace are things you have regardless of whether you are having a good game or not, and in a lot of cases gets you out of trouble.

Its a good job shearer was Black,.....oh hang on

The one player arguement very nice. :lol:

I raise you George Weah!

I've been saying this for about two years.

Guest Heneage

Aye Nixon, George Weah, did great for us....wtf.

Oh apologies I thought you were jus comparing white and black players.

In which case, Tino and Sir Les.

I still believe Shearers Legend got him ahead of Kluivert in the team, when really Kluivert was the better player.

Aye Nixon, George Weah, did great for us....wtf.

Oh apologies I thought you were jus comparing white and black players.

In which case, Tino and Sir Les.

I still believe Shearers Legend got him ahead of Kluivert in the team, when really Kluivert was the better player.

way too fat,

If we're going to fill the squad with black players based on the strong and athletic stereotype, don't forget the "lack of tactical guile" stereotype that gets trotted out by commentators every time an african team concedes a sloppy goal :p

Intersting point one thing I agree with though as we are a mid table and relgation fighing club we need to have tall and physcal side so that we can survive.

No we need skillful players with ability who give a fuck.  It does not come down to who has the most or tallest black guys.

FFS