The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

England will do f*** all ever we're a tiny country amazing we ever won a WC, the way the game is now there's no chance of producing enough good english players

only 2 countries with a bigger population have ever won a WC, faking owned

Two? You mean two countries with smaller populations, I think. That is, Uruguay and Argentina.  Brazil, West Germany, France, and Italy all have/ had larger populations than England.

well the UK population is similar in size to France believe it or not. UK is estimated to be 61 million. France`s population is very similar in number. You would have thought way more with the size of the country.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html

Italy`s population is less than the UK,  58 million

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/it.html

England will do f*** all ever we're a tiny country amazing we ever won a WC, the way the game is now there's no chance of producing enough good english players

Two? You mean two countries with smaller populations, I think. That is, Uruguay and Argentina.  Brazil, West Germany, France, and Italy all have/ had larger populations than England.

well the UK population is similar in size to France believe it or not. UK is estimated to be 61 million. France`s population is very similar in number. You would have thought way more with the size of the country.

the uk is made up of England, scotland, Wales, N ireland, all have seperate football teams.

the uk is made up of England, scotland, Wales, N ireland, all have seperate football teams.

point taken :D

Guest black n white

first public appearance?  ;)

---

Published Date:  05 February 2009

FORMER England and Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan will today appeal to magistrates to keep his driving licence after he was caught speeding.

Keegan, 57, was clocked travelling 36mph in a 30mph zone by a speed camera on the A69 near Carlisle, Cumbria.

He pleaded guilty by post to the offence committed on August 27 and the conviction is likely to take the number of points on his licence to the legal maximum of 12.

Keegan is expected to plead mitigating circumstances at Carlisle Magistrates Court in an attempt to keep behind the wheel.

It is not known if he will attend the hearing, as he may argue the point through a solicitor or in a letter to the court.

The hearing is due to take place at 2pm.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Keegan-faces-driving-ban.4949166.jp

6 month ban

Guest black n white

Former England football manager Kevin Keegan has been banned from driving for six months after he was caught speeding. Skip related content

Related photos / videos Kevin Keegan has been banned from driving for six months after being caught speeding

Related content

England defender Richards arrested

ITV Scores Own Goal With Ad Break

Is There No End To His Talents?

Related Hot Topic: Football

Have your say: Football

Keegan, 57, reached the legal maximum of 12 points on his licence when he was clocked travelling at 36mph in a 30mph zone.

It was thought Keegan may put forward special circumstances in order to keep himself behind the wheel but he did not contest the suspension imposed by Carlisle magistrates.

Keegan, who did not attend court, previously pleaded guilty by post to the offence committed on August 27.

The former Newcastle United boss, from Hale, Altrincham, Cheshire, was clocked by a laser device on the A69 near Carlisle.

He resigned from his second spell in charge of the Premier League club a week later.

The court was told he was caught speeding after coming out of a "stressful meeting" with the club and "his head was in turmoil".

Guest Chris P

How well did he do at Fulham?  City?  England?

Don't know which way you're arguing this, but was speaking to a Citeh supporting mate of mine the other day, same age as me (23) who reckons Keegan is far and away the best manager they've had in his lifetime, and won't hear a word against him. There isn't a club team Keegan has left without them being in a far better position on the pitch than when he joined.

Apart from us.

Don't know which way you're arguing this, but was speaking to a Citeh supporting mate of mine the other day, same age as me (23) who reckons Keegan is far and away the best manager they've had in his lifetime, and won't hear a word against him. There isn't a club team Keegan has left without them being in a far better position on the pitch than when he joined.

Apart from us.

erm, nearly in div 3 , to near top of the prem? not an improvement?

Apart from us.

Our team was far better when he left than it was when he arrived (Obviously assuming you're talking about his second incarnation as manager). The performances at OT and WHL were arguably the best since the Robson era.

Guest black n white

Dennis Wise was chasing him in his Mini.

Dennis Wise was chasing him in his Miniskirt.

sounds about right

Guest black n white

Former England football manager Kevin Keegan has been banned from driving for six months after he was caught speeding.

Keegan walking again I see. :rolleyes: /Libertine

Nope, quotes from Keegan outside court "I got a buss pass last week because i would hate to give The Three Stooges the pleasure of seeing me walk" "useless cunts"

The performances at OT and WHL were arguably the best since the Robson era.

:no:

Please don't mention that game. 

The way I feel now compared to how I felt that day is incredible.

Hold on to the memory. Might be a while before we enjoy one like it again

What a fucking day out that was, absolutely superb. Probably enjoyed that more than any other match I've been to.

What a fucking day out that was, absolutely superb. Probably enjoyed that more than any other match I've been to.

Get lost. :hmm:

:lol:

Damien Duff played no part! You would have loved it.

edit: It was only slightly better than the Stoke game if that helps.

I'm still bitter about Rich forgetting to get the tickets. :lol:

I'm still bitter about Rich forgetting to get the tickets. :lol:

Keegan was an idealist and that's what made him fit this club. I still remember last season when it looked like we might be relegated Keegan went back to his principles and went on the attack with the 4-3-3 against Birmingham. If Ashley had any sense above his loyalty to a bunch of toadying mates he'd get Keegan back at the expense of every other employee and immediately his investment would start to gain value again.