The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

I genuinely hope in all sincerity that I never ever have to lay eyes or ears on Kevin Keegan.

And IF he does settle out of court then he'll have shit on every supporter who worked themselves up into an embarrassment of a frenzy when he was sacked / resigned.

Agree on both points.

Guest Stephen927

If he were to come back it just wouldn't be the same, it would be like waiting for a time bomb to go off.

As many before me have mentioned in both the media and in this forum, one of this club's biggest flaws is the lack of stability.

I feel that in Kevin Keegan, we have a manager with a correct attitude/respect towards football and a winning mentality. Having Keegan with us in the long-run could only be to our benefit compared to his predecessor and his successor.

If (which is a big IF) only more trust and compromises can be given to Keegan in order for him to stay, that would be fantastic.

To me, it does not seem like Kinnear could be the Sir Alex Ferguson for Manchester or Arsene Wenger for Arsenal or even David Moyes for Everton. Of course, I hope that I will eventually be proven wrong.

Must admit, when I heard Llambias' interview saying Keegan was their man, then the prospective settlement, plus the rumours of Wise departing, I did think the road could be cleared for Keegan to return. Both sides could do with the compensation being waived as a result, but deep down I just don't see Keegan wanting to work with a club run on a financial shoestring, it's just not in his make up.

As many before me have mentioned in both the media and in this forum, one of this club's biggest flaws is the lack of stability.

I feel that in Kevin Keegan, we have a manager with a correct attitude/respect towards football and a winning mentality. Having Keegan with us in the long-run could only be to our benefit compared to his predecessor and his successor.

If (which is a big IF) only more trust and compromises can be given to Keegan in order for him to stay, that would be fantastic.

To me, it does not seem like Kinnear could be the Sir Alex Ferguson for Manchester or Arsene Wenger for Arsenal or even David Moyes for Everton. Of course, I hope that I will eventually be proven wrong.

You rightly complain about a lack of stability, but then suggest bringing the Keegan time-bomb back.  Fuck me, what a contradiction.

Guest Heneage

I genuinely hope in all sincerity that I never ever have to lay eyes or ears on Kevin Keegan.

And IF he does settle out of court then he'll have s*** on every supporter who worked themselves up into an embarrassment of a frenzy when he was sacked / resigned.

anybody who dosent appreciate KK deserves a bang on the nose like

fyp.

howay man, thought we were past all this cp40?

wouldn't you like what went on to go public, and be proven that your blind faith in KK was justified?  if it remains private you're just pissing in the wind with everyone else who doesn't have a f***ing clue what happened

No my loyalty to KK remains intact, he was, and is my  boyhood Hero.

Unhappy that your hero isn't looking so clean?

Guest Chubby Jason

I hate all these rumours of a Keegan comeback, WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

it has been discussed , apparently, at the meetings regarding his pay off.

What has? His return? Am I missing something here?

yes.

ive just Blagged this from another Forum, not sure of the source tho....

But representatives for Keegan, 58, approached the club, saying he’d drop his £9m unfair dismissal claim and return as coach IF owner Mike Ashley sacked director of football Dennis Wise, who is hated by many fans.

Ashley has so far resisted Keegan’s offer, which would have delighted the Toon Army and saved the club a huge payout.

Newcastle fanatic Keegan has told friends he is alarmed at his former club’s current situation.

He would love a return to St James’ Park – especially as current boss Joe Kinnear, 62, is recovering from his second triple heart bypass operation.

Guest Chubby Jason

Where did you hear this?

yes.

Guest Heneage

yes.

ive just Blagged this from another Forum, not sure of the source tho....

But representatives for Keegan, 58, approached the club, saying he’d drop his £9m unfair dismissal claim and return as coach IF owner Mike Ashley sacked director of football Dennis Wise, who is hated by many fans.

Ashley has so far resisted Keegan’s offer, which would have delighted the Toon Army and saved the club a huge payout.

Newcastle fanatic Keegan has told friends he is alarmed at his former club’s current situation.

He would love a return to St James’ Park – especially as current boss Joe Kinnear, 62, is recovering from his second triple heart bypass operation.

Even that, "If Wise was sacked" Why man, just come back, first day of the season we looked really good at Old Trafford, thanks to the signings that Wise identified, and Keegan coached. Can he not see that he can't do it all on his own. FFS.

Guest Mucky01

from NUFC .com

Update:

Kevin Keegan:

club statement

Issued by NUFC on Monday:

Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan confirm that they are engaged in a confidential arbitration process in relation to Kevin Keegan's departure from the Club in September 2008 and that there will be no comment or statement by either side until the arbitration finishes. 

Nothing would surprise me any more. Very unlikely but it's not impossible.

Question: Did the rumours about Wise leaving come about because of this, or did they create it?

Funny thing is, given our current situation, I'd welcome his return with more enthusiam than I did his last one.

I`ve got keegan (yes its really him) on one of my social networking sites. He hasn`t said nothing since the goals but before the match.

kevinkeegan...could be another 5-0er tonight, although sadly not for the team I'd like it to be!

kevinkeegan...oh no, and I've just seen the team sheets. I don't think Alex is in the mood to mess around! Its a pretty purposeful selection.

I`ve got keegan (yes its really him) on one of my social networking sites. He hasn`t said nothing since the goals but before the match.

kevinkeegan...could be another 5-0er tonight, although sadly not for the team I'd like it to be!

kevinkeegan...oh no, and I've just seen the team sheets. I don't think Alex is in the mood to mess around! Its a pretty purposeful selection.

Well if that's the case we'd better bring him back

Guest Stephen927

Link.

I've now reflected (its only taken a number of months) and while KK is a great hero of mine, I have now decided he was a tw*t for leaving.  Pride and principles apart - if he really cared for the club he should have stuck with us till the end of this season and then left - instead he left us right in the sh*t.

Apologies, bit random but it dawned on me last night.