The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Twill be very interesting once this is all over whether KK actually comes out and tells it how it is. Although considering his money obsession, i would expect it to come out in an updated version of his autobiography.

this goes along with my view that keegan only came back for the money since he was skint

But that doesnt make sense if he walked away from a multi million pound job.

Not that I am saying he has done that but its an easy few million for half a seasons work if you don't really want the stresses of management over the next few years.

Guest Stephen927

I do think he took the job for money, who wouldn't, but I think he planned to stay here for the duration of his lucrative contract.

not sure why anyone would WANT to know what went on tbh as it'll come down to one of 2 things:

1.  the pro-KK viewpoint which would then lead to more protests and vitriol toward the owner/wise/pat butcher/the south etc... til the day he left

2.  the opposite of this which would mean KK was a piehead asking to sign thierry henry etc.... on a budget of a packet of tudor crisps who then walked when he was told he couldn't, basically having your memories of the man torn apart and used as toilet paper

best solution all round imo

I'd like to think a settlement out of court is an acknowledgment that both parties can be apportioned some of the blame.

Bingo. I was just thinking exactly the same thing, and it's something I've felt all along. I am pleased if it ends amicably and we can move on. The club can do without it, and Keegan is still a hero of mine so I wouldn't want to see him in court challenging my club.

I do think he took the job for money, who wouldn't, but I think he planned to stay here for the duration of his lucrative contract.

Yes, I agree with that. I just cant believe that he came back for money and money alone.

Still. I hope if it is done and dusted out of  court, both parties keep schtum afterwards and just leave it well alone. I hope it doesnt then turn into a tit for tat thing in the tabloids.

I hope we don't find out what happened until Ashley has left the club. The place is in enough turmoil as it is and you can hardly call Ashley's position stable. And, like him or not, stability is what we need from our owner right now.

Guest fading star

not sure why anyone would WANT to know what went on tbh as it'll come down to one of 2 things:

1.  the pro-KK viewpoint which would then lead to more protests and vitriol toward the owner/wise/pat butcher/the south etc... til the day he left

2.  the opposite of this which would mean KK was a piehead asking to sign thierry henry etc.... on a budget of a packet of tudor crisps who then walked when he was told he couldn't, basically having your memories of the man torn apart and used as toilet paper

I'd like to think a settlement out of court is an acknowledgment that both parties can be apportioned some of the blame.

Which would make the IT IS FACT statement a pack of lies.

Give it a rest man. This place has been decent the last few days, no need for you to come back & talk shite & make it shite again. :thup:

Guest fading star

Give it a rest man. This place has been decent the last few days, no need for you to come back & talk s**** & make it s**** again. :thup:

Go post on 606 if you don’t like it here. It’s about your level.

Happy Birthday Kev

<b>(on behalf of CP40)</b>

:lol:

And the rest of us.  :smitten:

CP40 has to be out stalking Kev's big birthday bash surely.  :laugh:

Driving him home problees... :whistle:

Happy belated Birthday Wor Kev for the other Day.....soz i wasnt around, i got sent out for being nawty.

Surely whoever pays, no matter how much, is in effect admitting they were in the wrong? and we'd find out how much when next years finances are released.

I f Keegan was sacked he'd be due £8m. If he walked out he would have to pay the club £2m. I can see room for a compromise where Keegan gets to walk away for free and doesn't have to pay the £2m. I'd hardly call that vindication of either side's argument.

If Keegan walked for free it would say to me that he was in the wrong and Ashley doesnt want to take a Newcastle legend through the courts same goes if Keegan walks with a couple of mil, it would say to me that Ashley was in the wrong and Keegan doesnt want to drag Nufc through the courts.

just how I would read it

Ashley has more to lose than Keegan if he is found out to be what we think he is? All the lies and the shoddy management will be confirmed if Keegan wins...

Keegan will just be confirmed as a serial quitter and we won't think much more of it. Less of a legend that's all.

I.e. Ashley will settle out of court.

I will bet anyone any amount they like on this fact... :)

Seeing as they have agreed to settle out of court it's hardly an earth-shattering prediction is it?