The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Watching Sir Bob in the stands today as this s*** unfolded completely cut a cold one through the heart.

Still many walk this earth saying he was 'right to be sacked.'

The moment that axe fell, this club's decline was inevitable. That we would fall this far so far, nobody would've guessed.

He was right to be sacked imo, club performances had dropped off hugely for well over a season and the team was showing him alot of dissent.  If it werent for the poor quality of the league that season we would have finished midtable, very lucky to get 5th with the points we gained.

The only mistake was he shouldn't have started that season, and we had replaced him with someone ALOT better then what we did.

that'll be the team containing Bowyer and Dyer that was 'showing a lot of dissent'?

Thank f*** that got sorted out, obviously it was the correct decision to sack ~SBR and replace him with someone who would take no s***. :nope:

Fans like you deserve to be watching coca cola footie next season.

From that response you dont have a f***ing clue, everyone and i mean everyone on here wanted him to go the season before.  If you are of the belief that the number of people wanting him to leave were actually in the minority, no helping you.

Also, i wrote he should of been replaced with someone alot better, which you ignored.

Your that deluded you deserve to be watching coca cola footie next season.

If what you claim is correct then 'everyone and i mean everyone on here' deserves to be watching coca cola footie next year aswell.

..you obviously cant read. 

Well, well,

If we are Relegated, Ashley will lose in the Region of 30-40 Million,..

I believe if he Had backed keegan to this tune, and not overuled him with Dennis Wise, we would be looking to Europe next season. And in fact, his investment would therefore have cost him nothing,....FOOL.

You're a decent poster and a good fella by all accounts, and I understand you're hurting, just as we all are, but this post is cretinous at this time tbh.

Guest elbee909

Well, well,

If we are Relegated, Ashley will lose in the Region of 30-40 Million,..

I believe if he Had backed keegan to this tune, and not overuled him with Dennis Wise, we would be looking to Europe next season. And in fact, his investment would therefore have cost him nothing,....FOOL.

You're a decent poster and a good fella by all accounts, and I understand you're hurting, just as we all are, but this post is cretinous at this time tbh.

It's also complete conjecture to think we'd be anywhere near Europe.

Guest yoshi

Watching Sir Bob in the stands today as this s*** unfolded completely cut a cold one through the heart.

The moment that axe fell, this club's decline was inevitable. That we would fall this far so far, nobody would've guessed.

He was right to be sacked imo, club performances had dropped off hugely for well over a season and the team was showing him alot of dissent.  If it werent for the poor quality of the league that season we would have finished midtable, very lucky to get 5th with the points we gained.

The only mistake was he shouldn't have started that season, and we had replaced him with someone ALOT better then what we did.

Judging from the bad performance and talk of SBR losing the dressing room, yes, perhaps his time as manager was coming to a close. But it wasn't SBR leaving the post the hurt the club badly, but the way he left. SBR was (and still is) much respected, and still had much to offer the club as an ambassador or more. But the timing, and the way the sacking took place, sucked.

The same goes for Keegan. Here was a man--another folk hero--brought back to revive the flagging club, but again left under rather bitter circumstances. Though again i have to say he left early in the season, so Ashley had plenty of time to salvage the mess, yet didn't do so.

What are the chances of Shearer ending up in the same situation?

It's just typical of the club management to shoot itself in the foot. And this time, it looks bad. Real bad.

Since the day Bobby got sacked this has been like watching a car crash in slow motion.

From that day we've either had a gimmick or a sub standard manager sitting in the hot seat.

I have watched us be relegated twice before and the chance of us 'being lucky to finish 5th' again is absolutely light years away.

One day you might appreciate what we squandered.

Since the day Bobby got sacked this has been like watching a car crash in slow motion.

From that day we've either had a gimmick or a sub standard manager sitting in the hot seat.

I have watched us be relegated twice before and the chance of us 'being lucky to finish 5th' again is absolutely light years away.

One day you might appreciate what we squandered.

Completely agree

Guest Heneage

Self-fulfilling prophecy is right. He left because he thought the setup wasn't going to work and so it has proved, partly because he wasn't here.

We should have kept him.

I debate if it was him thinking it wouldn't work over him being unable to swallow his pride. I still think he was a cunt for leaving to be honest, he should have stayed till at least January and helped us out, saying its an unworkable job should try being a solider in Iraq or a nurse for a week.

As for Sir Bobby, we had a chat with Tony Hardisty this week at Uni who worked for the club for a few years and he said FS said the infamous "You don't sack SBR" then sacked him. I thought it was a joke then and still do now, it was around the time that the massive money was coming into the game and hadw e stuck with Sir Bobby i've no doubt we'd be part of England's top five.

Watching Sir Bob in the stands today as this shit unfolded completely cut a cold one through the heart.

I pretty much love that man. He fucking cares, and it'll be hurting him to see the club like this as badly as it is us.

I don't disagree but the guy is a cunt for leaving us in the shit. He knew how it was when he took the job.

Of course he knew that Dennis was just going to recruit young players for him.

Guest Heneage

It's still all Keegan's fault you know.

If you really do not blame him at all or at least half way then it shows how much of a hold he has on our fans.

I don't disagree but the guy is a c*** for leaving us in the s***. He knew how it was when he took the job.

Which is what he did? No?

Apart from Gonzalez, but that was an emergency, desperation.

I don't disagree but the guy is a c*** for leaving us in the s***. He knew how it was when he took the job.

As far as I'm aware Keegan's only signings were Bassong and Guthrie.

Wise came a couple of weeks later actually, I don't think Keegan even knew he'd have a DoF above him.

None of us know for certain who the fuck signed anyone. Shambles from top to bottom.

& Xisco.  Wise & Keegan went to see Bassong together.

& Xisco.

So says Derek.  :shifty:

No point tooj. We don't know anything, so this debate is pointless. All I know is keegan fucked off.

No point tooj. We don't know anything, so this debate is pointless. All I know is keegan fucked off.

After his position was made untenable.

No point tooj. We don't know anything, so this debate is pointless. All I know is keegan f***ed off.

After his position was made untenable.

This is going to go round and round. I'll leave this thread, because I'm sure we did this 6 months ago.

i'm with Tooj on this one,  Keegan rightly walked when his position was made untenable, if you are manager then you need to be making the decisions, after all its your head on the block when/if things go tits up! 

Decisions were made above his head without his knowledge and as a matter of principal quit, same as Curbishley and what most bosses would do.

We were only 3 games into the season, had a decent start so plenty of time to get things "back on track" since KK walked, the fact we haven't lies firmly on the mismanagement of the Ashley regime.

Guest oba78

It's still all Keegan's fault you know.

If you really do not blame him at all or at least half way then it shows how much of a hold he has on our fans.

Blame him for what.....Ashley failing to appoint a decent manager in the 8 months since he left? Ashley appointing Kinnear? Ashley going through a whole transfer window allowing 2 of our better players leave whilst bringing in absolute dross? Ashley leaving a clueless Hughton in charge when Kinnear took ill? Ashley waiting till the last minute to actually try to fix these disasters?

We could argue all day long if you think Keegan was right or wrong to leave, but get a grip....all this talk that he left us in the s***?? I'd agree if he walked out a month ago then yes, but f*** sake...he's had almost a whole season to sort out the problems, only to successfully make the situation 10 times worse!!!!