The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

I will love Kevin Keegan whatever result the independent panel come to. I will love him for reasons which Ashley and Llambias could never understand, because he gave uplift to Newcastle, hope and inspiration, he made a region sparkle and people smile. I do not, for a single moment, suggest that he is perfect, but his team came close to perfection. If circumstances ever allow it, I would love to think he’ll discuss it all.

Sums it all up for me.

Does anyone know who sits on the abitration panel?

It's a 3 man panel.  Terry Mac, Tooj & cp40.

Incidently, if he ever returns to management at the club, that will be his backroom staff team  O0

I was going to say that the Keegan haters would just use this as a justification of their belief that Keegan can do no wrong some in people's eyes, and that for those people the rights and the wrongs of this case are irrelevant. But the article Tooj copied missed off this very relevant 1st paragraph:

I love Kevin Keegan, love him. I don’t love him because he has been attempting to wrest compensation from Newcastle United and I certainly don’t love him because I’ve got a Messiah complex (and it would be greatly appreciated if somebody, anybody, took notice of that). I don’t love him because he left the club at a difficult moment a year ago, nor do I love him because he has held his tongue since doing so.

But the article Tooj copied missed off this very relevant 1st paragraph

He missed a few out

In no particular order, I love Niall Quinn, Steve Gibson and I ****ing love Peter Reid. I desperately love Sir Bobby Robson, I love Alan Shearer and I’ve got a feeling that I’m going to love Steve Bruce and Darren Bent. I’m pretty damn keen on Steve Harper and Gareth Southgate. I love Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough. I love my home.

Do you reckon Steve Harper was his best man?

As you get older and wiser, you learn to be more careful about who you fall in love with. There are glamorous people who promise the earth but are in reality selfish. They end up leaving and hurting you. There are others less attractive who end up delivering the goods. You can carry on not learning the lesson, parading your bleeding heart like it's a badge of honour and end up like a battered wife, or you can build a real relationship. That takes time and patience, of course.

Caulkin's articles are like a Chinese meal. Superficially good but lacking substance.

Football isn't only about dreaming, it's about winning. Keegan has won nothing. Nada. Zilch. Rien.

As you get older and wiser, you learn to be more careful about who you fall in love with. There are glamorous people who promise the earth but are in reality selfish. They end up leaving and hurting you. There are others less attractive who end up delivering the goods. You can carry on not learning the lesson, parading your bleeding heart like it's a badge of honour and end up like a battered wife, or you can build a real relationship. That takes time and patience, of course.

Caulkin's articles are like a Chinese meal. Superficially good but lacking substance.

Sounds like the start of a Mills and Boon.

Compared to the drivel you normally read (like in this abortion of a thread) it is rather Pulitzer material tbh.

There's always a lot of vomit inducing sentimental hogwash written about Keegan. Stuff about "dreams" and "pride" but nothing about putting up with the rough as well as the smooth.

Football isn't only about dreaming, it's about winning. Keegan has won nothing. Nada. Zilch. Rien.

He's a shrewd journalist in that he realises that you can win just as many readers by writing what people want to hear as you can by writing a load of controversial, complaint inspiring nonsense like the majority of journalists do.

That article is just that, what a lot of people want to hear.

If winning means trophies then aye he is loser but if it is about winning games then he has doen okay compared to most. If it was about winning trophies most of us would of moved on, not me because I watch a bit of Newcastle Eagles esp at the end of season so I get my trophy fix from them while the nightmare continues for you.

He's a shrewd journalist in that he realises that you can win just as many readers by writing what people want to hear as you can by writing a load of controversial, complaint inspiring nonsense like the majority of journalists do.

Or what some spoilt numpties don't like to hear...

The last sentence of bobyule wasn't there when I first replied. What a load of nonsense. Reducing Keegan's managerial credentials on a lack of trophies is so ignorant that you hardly can take it serious.

Anyway. Football isn't about winning, it's about how you play. © Johan Cruijff

Mmhmm i agree, i also wish Bobby Robson didn't manage us, he had no judge of character bringing in Dyer, Bellamy, Bowyer, all at the end of the day fucked us with their ill discipline, it led FFS to bring in Souness to sort it out who wasted millions.  SBR won fuck all here, so is about on par with all the rest of them, failures.

Or what some spoilt numpties don't like to hear...

The last sentence of bobyule wasn't there when I first replied. What a load of nonsense. Reducing Keegan's managerial credentials on a lack of trophies is so ignorant that you hardly can take it serious.

Anyway. Football isn't about winning, it's about how you play. © Johan Cruijff

I'd agree the last sentence of bobyule's post isn't right at all. :thup: