Newcastle United Finances - 2008 Accounts Recently Filed

quayside

if we are suddenly MAKING money, surely that should be a major advantage when he is putting us out on the market again.

This is the point I've been making for months. (link 1) (link 2)

He doesn't WANT to sell man.

Saying he does is how he justifies having a manager with no experience whatsoever and a transfer budget of zero.

Guest Roger Kint

Mind, I predicted a profit for Ashley this season back in October  :pow:

Anyway, aren't the 2009 accounts about due around now?

1 April 2010 is the latest date to file them i think

Guest Roger Kint

Yes - correct. They were submitted early last year, probably for PR reasons to justify what happened in the transfer window.

Got to admit i am struggling to see how we could make a profit though.

Yes - correct. They were submitted early last year, probably for PR reasons to justify what happened in the transfer window.

i cant see any way we're making profit this year reduced income wages while lower still are a huge percentage of our current income

Guest Roger Kint

i cant see any way we're making profit this year reduced income wages while lower still are a huge percentage of our current income

We arent talking this year, the accounts would end on 30 June 2009

however our wages should be WAY lower. We lost alot of players earning big time here.

Guest Roger Kint

however our wages should be WAY lower. We lost alot of players earning big time here.

Not in the accounts due we didnt

We arent talking this year, the accounts would end on 30 June 2009

even then i cant see a profit for last season our wage bill was 60-70m last year by estimates in papers and our income usually lies around the 80-100m mark in the prem and there are other bills that need to be paid

we did but we still have a lot of big earners on the clubs books, by prem standards our wage bill would be sensible given our usual income there but in the championship its not sensible

Guest Roger Kint

2007/08 - £70m wages

We added Jonas, Guthrie, Bassong, Colo, Xisco, Nacho, Lovenkrands, Nolan, Raylor in that year(about £16m)

We got rid of Given, Nzogbia, Milner, faye, Emre, Ramage, Carr, Rozenhal (about £11m)

This doesnt take into account loyalty bonuses etc

Don't forget Keegan's payout, the mercenary b******  :rolleyes:

how much was that ? 2mill or so wasn't it ?

Well they say pennies make pounds, and every million or two adds to the bill. Keegan's costs were probably covered by the mnagers union, wheras our costs are paid by the fans at the end of the day.

Don't forget Keegan's payout, the mercenary b****** :rolleyes:

how much was that ? 2mill or so wasn't it ?

Well they say pennies make pounds, and every million or two adds to the bill. Keegan's costs were probably covered by the mnagers union, wheras our costs are paid by the fans at the end of the day.

Keegan got awarded costs. In next year's accounts of course so but for those the club would have made a £10m profit.  Or just over £300,000 a day.

Companies House released our accounts 10 days earlier than the year before, our last two set of accounts have been released on 26th January 2008 then 16th January 2009.  We've got no say over when they will be released, we have a time scale to file them and then it's out of our hands.

Companies House released our accounts 10 days earlier than the year before, our last two set of accounts have been released on 26th January 2008 then 16th January 2009.  We've got no say over when they will be released, we have a time scale to file them and then it's out of our hands.

Companies House  can't release the accounts until they have been submitted - and the club has until 31st March to submit them. If we submit them some time in January then they will be released a few days after that - if we submit them at the end of March it's the same story. Companies House can't release them until we file them. And we choose when to file them.

Companies House  can't release the accounts until they have been submitted - and the club has until 31st March to submit them. If we submit them some time in January then they will be released a few days after that - if we submit them at the end of March it's the same story. Companies House can't release them until we file them.

That's basically what I said in my last sentence.

Companies House  can't release the accounts until they have been submitted - and the club has until 31st March to submit them. If we submit them some time in January then they will be released a few days after that - if we submit them at the end of March it's the same story. Companies House can't release them until we file them.

That's basically what I said in my last sentence.

Rightly or wrongly I read your earlier post as saying that the fact that the results were released in January was nothing to do with the club. It so clearly was everything to do with the club. They could have waited another 2 months to file the accounts and they would have been released when the transfer window was well done.  And apologies if I've misunderstood the point behind your post.

Mind, I predicted a profit for Ashley this season back in October  :pow:

Anyway, aren't the 2009 accounts about due around now?

Have our 2010 accounts arrived a year early like?

if we are suddenly MAKING money, surely that should be a major advantage when he is putting us out on the market again.

This is the point I've been making for months. (link 1) (link 2)

He doesn't WANT to sell man.

Saying he does is how he justifies having a manager with no experience whatsoever and a transfer budget of zero.

Its no less wrong now then it was then though.  I'd be surprised if we can make any profit by the end of this year, never mind 30 odd million like you predicted (not to mention NUST's mental claims of £7m every month).

Not in the accounts due we didnt

IF (a big if on purpose) he has half a brain he would make reference to the salary savings in the directors report. Brilliant selling point for the company