New shirts next season 09/10

Kaizero

I know it's just a symbolic sort of thing, but I'll be happy to see the current kit replaced. We've had a horrible two years with our players wearing it. Hopefully we someday remember the next kit as the one we wore as we moved back up the table to where we belong. I'll forever remember this one as the one we wore in the darkest period in our club's recent history.

Spot on. Means nothing ultimately, but a new kit to go with a new manager and a new outlook would be positive; hopefully not in a new league though.

I've never liked it anyway.

I know it's just a symbolic sort of thing, but I'll be happy to see the current kit replaced. We've had a horrible two years with our players wearing it. Hopefully we someday remember the next kit as the one we wore as we moved back up the table to where we belong. I'll forever remember this one as the one we wore in the darkest period in our club's recent history.

sadly true. and i agree.

Spot on. Means nothing ultimately, but a new kit to go with a new manager and a new outlook would be positive; hopefully not in a new league though.

I've never liked it anyway.

We haven't had a nice home kit since this one..

http://image42.webshots.com/42/6/87/69/380168769laoaka_ph.jpg

We change it every two years anyway tbh.

If i had my way i'd force some sort of sanction on kit sponsors and suchlike, and make every PL kit go retro. Not dead boring but just simpler, without the ridiculous piping and silly fake colours like gold and whatnot (see Pompey's current kit for major yak factor, that's the ultimate nasty kit this season imo). Just back to a traditional format, but with one sponsor across the front, badge, and like the Adidas/Nike/whatever logo on the chest if necassary. No piping, no sponsors on the sleeves or the back or the shorts, just nice and simple.

Arsenal's cherry currant kit, or whatever it was called, was gorgeous imo. Shame about the gold O2 sponsor but i loved the retroness. I like collars and whatnot.

In a time where stadiums are called 'The Emirates, The Ricoh, The Insertsponsorname', and where money is basically the be all and end all of the game, football kits are one of the very last things that keep football what it is - the hold onto the tradition and everything. Unfortunately, that's starting to slip away aswell now. I think Leeds United have got a sponsor on the back of their shirt now, its just not right. You want to have a look at the Austrian league for some ridiculous kits - sponsors everywhere.

I'm probably in a minority here but i just love a nice kit.

We change it every two years anyway tbh.

If i had my way i'd force some sort of sanction on kit sponsors and suchlike, and make every PL kit go retro. Not dead boring but just simpler, without the ridiculous piping and silly fake colours like gold and whatnot (see Pompey's current kit for major yak factor, that's the ultimate nasty kit this season imo). Just back to a traditional format, but with one sponsor across the front, badge, and like the Adidas/Nike/whatever logo on the chest if necassary. No piping, no sponsors on the sleeves or the back or the shorts, just nice and simple.

Arsenal's cherry currant kit, or whatever it was called, was gorgeous imo. Shame about the gold O2 sponsor but i loved the retroness. I like collars and whatnot.

In a time where stadiums are called 'The Emirates, The Ricoh, The Insertsponsorname', and where money is basically the be all and end all of the game, football kits are one of the very last things that keep football what it is - the hold onto the tradition and everything. Unfortunately, that's starting to slip away aswell now. I think Leeds United have got a sponsor on the back of their shirt now, its just not right. You want to have a look at the Austrian league for some ridiculous kits - sponsors everywhere.

I'm probably in a minority here but i just love a nice kit.

Absolutely spot on, mate!  :clap:

If there weren't sponsors on the shirts than there would probaly be adverts during the action. Or you might have to deal with the crap we do in Nigeria, like political campaign slogans scrolling across the screen during the match.

I like sponsors, if you have a classy one it works real well. I loved when ours was Newcastle Brown Ale. Loved that star. Obivously, I'd be disappointed if our sponsor next year is Dorito's or something.

If there weren't sponsors on the shirts than there would probaly be adverts during the action. Or you might have to deal with the crap we do in Nigeria, like political campaign slogans scrolling across the screen during the match.

I like sponsors, if you have a classy one it works real well. I loved when ours was Newcastle Brown Ale. Loved that star. Obivously, I'd be disappointed if our sponsor next year is Dorito's or something.

Aye i know mate; i appreciate for the good of the game, sponsors will never be chucked - they'll only grow in amount tbh. Just a sad indicment of where the game's gone.

I like how West Brom haven't got a sponsor on their shirts

In hindsight holding out for more cash was a bad idea, the exra couple of mill could have strengthened, but meh, who cares about West Brom.

Guest ObaStar

I like how West Brom haven't got a sponsor on their shirts

In hindsight holding out for more cash was a bad idea, the exra couple of mill could have strengthened, but meh, who cares about West Brom.

yeah they were never gonna get more than a fiver and a pack of crisps for the rights to shirt sponsor

It hasn’t taken long for Sports Direct boss and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who was in the Umbro box at Wembley last Saturday for the launch of their new all-white England kit, to slash the price of the shirt in his shops.

Umbro had wanted to preserve the £50 price on the shirt but Sports Direct have it on sale for £40, less than a week after the unveiling.

http://news.google.co.uk/news?um=1&ned=uk&hl=en&q=%22Sports+direct%22&cf=all&scoring=n

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Heard from a 100% reliable source that our away kit for next season will be yellow and gold