Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

You sound like more like a monkey than an accountant.

At least monkey know life is important.

I couldn't imagine you can ask such a silly question.  I expect it's a more reasonable one.  Sorry. 

When have I ever said relegation would be a good thing? You make things up as you go along NE5! Relegation would be a terrible thing for Newcastle United, but there is no guarantee that under Shepherd we would be in any better of a situation and all evidence points to us being bankrupt, not just relegated. You seem to see things in a polarised view, you cannot comprehend that both Shepherd AND Ashley are not the men to run this club. You need to get out of Shepherd's rectum and smell the coffee. We would have been non-existant, never mind relegated had Shepherd still been here, spending money we didn't have to be no better than we are now.

eeerrrr.......we'll just sit back and accept going down then. What do YOU think will happen to the club and its prospects if the gates go down to 30,000, and thats an optimistic figure ?

Who is sitting there and accepting it though? I'm not. And I will still be there if the gates are 30,000 or 20,000 or 15,000. My question to you is: Do you accept that Shepherd was (at least partially) culpable for the financial state of the club when it was sold?

Seeing that I answered your question, would you care to answer mine NE5?

My answer is if you want to attach "blame" to them, they have paid the price, so are you happy with the result ? Because I am not happy with the result.

I don't "blame" anybody for giving me the best 15 years supporting this club by miles, and yes I know the appointment of Souness was a mistake, whatever mandiarse and numerous others said.

I'm looking forward to someone coming along and hopefully at least matching them.

I couldn't imagine you can ask such a silly question.  I expect it's a more reasonable one.  Sorry. 

so you can't really explain how all the other successful clubs [all 4 of them] have creamed off the bulk of the trophies while not going into debt and buying top footballers, which appears to be the goal that you and others are chasing ?

Thanks.

so you can't really explain how all the other successful clubs [all 4 of them] have creamed off the bulk of the trophies while not going into debt and buying top footballers, which appears to be the goal that you and others are chasing ?

Thanks.

So you finally understands why you are worse than a monkey.  Those clubs won't going to liquidation as they have reasonable debt.  We almost did it by having an unsustainable debt.

show me where I've said anything like that, and if you think you are talking to a 5 year old, there are other people around ....... most of which actually really appear to stupidly think that you can be successful in football and not invest big money on players.

I also didn't mention Chelsea, I'm aware just like you are that they are being bankrolled and not generating their own income to carry on in the way they do. When you talk about revenue, how many clubs have the fanbase to break into the Liverpool and Arsenal positions ? Not many, but we are one. How do you propose we do it, assuming you think we ought to attempt it ?

So you are saying "we should invest on players to chase Liverpool/Arsenal or to get Europe Competition while having bankrupt-like debts".

"We ought to do it""We are a big club""We have the fan base"

Meaningless in front of liquidators.

So you think that the revenue will stay the same if we are relegated and/or poor results continue ?

Or like Mike Ashley, you maybe think we will get 50,000 gates regardless of the investment in the team ?

How exactly do you propose we get back among the top clubs ?

Thanks.

So you finally understands why you are worse than a monkey.  Those clubs won't going to liquidation as they have reasonable debt.  We almost did it by having an unsustainable debt.

So you can't explain how all the successful clubs have done it yet haven't incurred debts and bought top footballers, which is what you appear to think is what we should have been attempting to do ?

Thanks.

I think they had owners who put money in. After 1997 Shepherd/Hall put not a penny into the club, and took out £34m in dividends and pay.  None of the club debts were backed by the owners, only by the club.

The 4 top teams, have either had outward investment or kept the club money within the club rather than give it away to pension funds.

By the end of the Shepherd/Hall reign they were borrowing money to pay off debts. Not to invest in the future, not to "gamble on success" but to just pay off previous loans. Getting loans to pay off loans is madness. Losing £34m in a season where we got £6m in compensation from the FA for an injured players was an achievement that not many experienced direcots like Shepherd/Hall  could have managed.

They look like they I believe they were qualified to run a bank if they'd really wanted

So you think that the revenue will stay the same if we are relegated and/or poor results continue ?

Or like Mike Ashley, you maybe think we will get 50,000 gates regardless of the investment in the team ?

Fucking hell, can't u understand that the investment is already unsustainable? Ur logic is like if we don't take a gamble then we couldn't chase back the money lost AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHY LEEDS AND FIORENTINA HAPPENED.  NO WONDER U SUPPORT FRED BECAUSE U BOTH HAVE SOME PROBLEM INSIDE YOUR HEAD.  How could you run a club like that?  Worry about the drop of revenues? Higher revenues doesn't mean higher spending power FFS.

HAVE PATIENCE TO RECOVER THE FINANCIAL POSITION AND THEN DO A VILLA. PATIENCE. Understand what it means?

So you can't explain how all the successful clubs have done it yet haven't incurred debts and bought top footballers, which is what you appear to think is what we should have been attempting to do ?

The answer is because Fred is shit.  Understand?  The others are able to do it with reasonable debt.  Fred cannot do it despite have huge debt.  That's why I said your question is silly.  The answer contradicts with your stands.

Thanks.

I think they had owners who put money in. After 1997 Shepherd/Hall put not a penny into the club, and took out £34m in dividends and pay.  None of the club debts were backed by the owners, only by the club.

The 4 top teams, have either had outward investment or kept the club money within the club rather than give it away to pension funds.

By the end of the Shepherd/Hall reign they were borrowing money to pay off debts. Not to invest in the future, not to "gamble on success" but to just pay off previous loans. Getting loans to pay off loans is madness. Losing £34m in a season where we got £6m in compensation from the FA for an injured players was an achievement that not many experienced direcots like Shepherd/Hall  could have managed.

They look like they I believe they were qualified to run a bank if they'd really wanted

looks like you need to send an SOS for your man Adam Crozier then, your "ideal chairman".

Would you care to tell us how to get back among the top teams, rather than competing with the Blackburns and Birminghams again, or is being successful not on your radar either ?

The answer is because Fred is shit.  Understand?  The others are able to do it with reasonable debt.  Fred cannot do it despite have huge debt.  That's why I said your question is silly.  The answer contradicts with your stands.

You might say you're an accountant, but like Mike Ashley, you understand zilch about football.

Fucking hell, can't u understand that the investment is already unsustainable? Ur logic is like if we don't take a gamble then we couldn't chase back the money lost AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHY LEEDS AND FIORENTINA HAPPENED.  NO WONDER U SUPPORT FRED BECAUSE U BOTH HAVE SOME PROBLEM INSIDE YOUR HEAD.  How could you run a club like that?  Worry about the drop of revenues? Higher revenues doesn't mean higher spending power FFS.

HAVE PATIENCE TO RECOVER THE FINANCIAL POSITION AND THEN DO A VILLA. PATIENCE. Understand what it means?

You're looking forward to the 2nd division, and finding the new Alex Ferguson [or Martin O'Neill] before anybody else then. Why didn't all the other 90 clubs think of that.

The answer is because Fred is shit. Understand?  The others are able to do it with reasonable debt.  Fred cannot do it despite have huge debt.  That's why I said your question is silly.  The answer contradicts with your stands.

you'll be telling us next that Bob Murray was better ? After all, he was an accountant, just like you, so he knew what he was doing.

The answer is because Fred is s***.  Understand?  The others are able to do it with reasonable debt.  Fred cannot do it despite have huge debt.  That's why I said your question is silly.  The answer contradicts with your stands.

You might say you're an accountant, but like Mike Ashley, you understand zilch about football.

Well...I think it's unarguable that administration is an intolerable sin for an owner/chairman. That's the basic for any football club. 

End of discussion because I know you couldn't have any new points to add on.

Give it up man.  It is meaningless.

You're looking forward to the 2nd division, and finding the new Alex Ferguson [or Martin O'Neill] before anybody else then. Why didn't all the other 90 clubs think of that.

And that's Fred's fault that make us having such serious debt and facing either relegation battle or penalty from the association...which eventually may make us relegate to 2nd division...

You just cannot defend Fred...

May the God be with you, NE5...

Thanks.

it was done by MAGIC!

Guest fading star

f***ing hell, can't u understand that the investment is already unsustainable? Ur logic is like if we don't take a gamble then we couldn't chase back the money lost AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHY LEEDS AND FIORENTINA HAPPENED.  NO WONDER U SUPPORT FRED BECAUSE U BOTH HAVE SOME PROBLEM INSIDE YOUR HEAD.  How could you run a club like that?  Worry about the drop of revenues? Higher revenues doesn't mean higher spending power FFS.

Wise is scouring the world for cheap young talented managers as we speak. 

Thanks.

Spot the odd one out.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59510.msg1665705.html#msg1665705

And that's Fred's fault that make us having such serious debt and facing either relegation battle or penalty from the association...which eventually may make us relegate to 2nd division...

You just cannot defend Fred...

May the God be with you, NE5...

see my post about Bob Murray. Did a great job didn't he ? A real golden era for the mackems.

Just like McKeag etc.

The answer is because Fred is s***.  Understand?  The others are able to do it with reasonable debt.  Fred cannot do it despite have huge debt.  That's why I said your question is silly.  The answer contradicts with your stands.

Well...I think it's unarguable that administration is an intolerable sin for an owner/chairman. That's the basic for any football club. 

End of discussion because I know you couldn't have any new points to add on.

Give it up man.  It is meaningless.

So is it administration or liquidation that we headed towards under Freds last stand?

f***ing hell, can't u understand that the investment is already unsustainable? Ur logic is like if we don't take a gamble then we couldn't chase back the money lost AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHY LEEDS AND FIORENTINA HAPPENED.  NO WONDER U SUPPORT FRED BECAUSE U BOTH HAVE SOME PROBLEM INSIDE YOUR HEAD.  How could you run a club like that?  Worry about the drop of revenues? Higher revenues doesn't mean higher spending power FFS.

I'm sure if he manages to find one, everybody else will stand aside and let him  choose us first

Thanks.

it was done by MAGIC!

it must be.

Paul Daniels would be proud of you  bluelaugh.gif

Guest fading star

I'm sure if he manages to find one, everybody else will stand aside and let him  choose us first

Of course. Wise’s standing in the game gives him amazing pulling power, and then there’s the opportunity to learn your trade under Joe Kinnear.