Manchester City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/01/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

It would be against MLS rules for Galaxy to sign Owen unless Beckham leaves.

I think Beckham is done with LA personally.

He's lighting up the old man league where his ack of pace isn't an issue.

It would be against MLS rules for Galaxy to sign Owen unless Beckham leaves.

I think Beckham is done with LA personally.

He's lighting up the old man league where his ack of pace isn't an issue.

I agree. No way will he fancy going back to LA having sampled Serie A with AC Milan

Guest Nufc4Life

Whilst it's another defeat, and whilst we wasnt brilliant, i saw enough in that 2nd half to suggest we do have some fight left in us.

Was very encourgaed bu that 2nd half showing, ok, we wasnt great, but we played alright, their 2nd goal came at a time when argubly we were the better side, if we;d nicked a point i really don't think City could have had that many complaints.

Saying that though, we play like we did tonight, agaisnt Sunderland, we're gonna get battered. I am absolutely terrified they're going to beat us, because if they do, i think we'll just self implode and that'll be it.

Forget biggest derby, Sunday is the biggest match, against anyone, in a long long time.

he's caused nothing but problems since he's been at the club and the club won't move forward until he leave's

What's with the shocking constant misuse of apostrophes, man?!

Owen had gone a long way in getting into fans' good books again over the last year. Scoring goals and had been very professional about his appearances. Even if over the 2 months he seems to be doing a half arsed job and missing chances, we're going to need any help we can get, if he's fit he plays.

Guest neesy111

he's caused nothing but problems since he's been at the club and the club won't move forward until he leave's

What's with the shocking constant use of apostrophes, man?!

Owen had gone a long way in getting into fans' good books again over the last year. Scoring goals and had been very professional about his appearances. Even if over the 2 months he seems to be doing a half arsed job and missing chances, we're going to need any help we can get, if he's fit he plays.

what about his non-captaining of the side, especially during the 5-1 defeat v liverpool, if i had been on that pitch i would of been telling player's what a shower of shit the performance was especially by our defenders

just got back. f***ing woefull.

How did Mikes attendance go down?

it didnt really.

i was pretty high up but i didnt hear anything towards him.

our fans were poor tonight as well.

cant blame them really.

Guest fading star

How did Mike’s attendance go down?

it didnt really.

i was pretty high up but i didnt hear anything towards him.

our fans were poor tonight as well.

cant blame them really.

No.

Support on a whole was pretty bad tbh. Just got back to where I'm living for the moment and looking back on the game, only a handful were singing in the lower section. Couldn't hear the upper tier partly because I was underneath the overhang but there was too many standers and not enough singers. It seemed as though the place was full of 'united' supporters because the only reaction was when they scored.

I only heard one anti Mike Ashley chant but surprisingly the fans (who were willing to sing at least) quite easily overpowered this with support for the team. Other than that one chant midway throught the first half, there was nothing. As I say, a very quite and unvocal away support. Quite embarrasing if it wasn't for the persistant odd singer.

Guest neesy111

i'm starting to get sick of this support the team no matter what support we have at times, and don't sing anything against the board/ashley

Guest Nufc4Life

Anyone see MOTD then, barton threw his towel, that guy in the suit shit himself and moved out the way, then went over to pick it up for him :lol:

Guest fading star

How did Mike’s attendance go down?

Support on a whole was pretty bad tbh. Just got back to where I'm living for the moment and looking back on the game, only a handful were singing in the lower section. Couldn't hear the upper tier partly because I was underneath the overhang but there was too many standers and not enough singers. It seemed as though the place was full of 'united' supporters because the only reaction was when they scored.

I only heard one anti Mike Ashley chant but surprisingly the fans (who were willing to sing at least) quite easily overpowered this with support for the team. Other than that one chant midway throught the first half, there was nothing. As I say, a very quite and unvocal away support. Quite embarrasing if it wasn't for the persistant odd singer.

The supporters have had the life knocked out of them this season. It’s just been six months of shit on and off the pitch.  We’re going through the motions? It's a miracle they turned up at all.

Are Ashley n Llambias getting us relagated for a fuckin laugh???

absolute f***ing wankers we are being ran by! We are goin down u useless c***s!!! :angry:

You've got to look at the people who can actually make a difference and the players on and off the pitch tonight were shocking. Shout at Ashley and Co as much as you like but the players/coaching staff we have are spineless and bottleless. We have no drive to push on, no forward thinking and no chance of getting out of the mess we are in unless we make this shower perform.

Ashley can flash his cash as much as possible but we offer nothing for any incoming player, no guidence for any current player and a laughing for ex-players. Things need changing but these can't be done mid season. Hopefully the summer will bring Premiership confirmation and much needed changes, whatever they may be!

The supporters have had the life knocked out of them this season. Its just been six months of s*** on and off the pitch.  Were going through the motions? It's a miracle they turned up at all.

Some almost didn't due to the bad traffic around the ground. Save to say that wherever we end up come the summer, the vast majority of supporters will continue to support (even if they try their hardest to pull themselves away) because thats what we do. Its an addiction that many will never shrug off!