SHEARER

Guest Micktoon

Guest Micktoon

Surely this has to happen now.  :kinnear: is a fucking halfwit. The buzz around Shearer being appointed wouls get us enough points to stay up. We have eight home games between now and the end of the season and three of those are Arsenal, ManUtd and Chelsea. Unless change comes and damn soon we are undoubtedly in the broon steamy.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll tell you how this will pan out

MOTD

Lineker 'Anyway Alan you have been linked again with the job, are you leaving the sofa?'

Shearer 'I've thought about it long and hard and it just isnt the right time for me at the minute'

Thread Over

No chance of Shearer coming in, he knows we're in the shite and is quite happy to watch from the sidelines and watch us crumble before making his move when we are at rock bottom (if he ever makes his move)

He wouldn't do it. He said he wouldn't work under Ashley's system. Would he want to be known as the person in charge when we were relegated? Also it took Keegan around 7 games to get a win when he took over from Allardyce. Shearer taking over an injury decimated, demoralised playing squad would he realistically be able to do enough to save us?

Guest Micktoon

He wouldn't do it. He said he wouldn't work under Ashley's system. Would he want to be known as the person in charge when we were relegated? Also it took Keegan around 7 games to get a win when he took over from Allardyce. Shearer taking over an injury decimated, demoralised playing squad would he realistically be able to do enough to save us?

More than likely right. But we need to do something FFS and quickly.

Nah, no way will he come, if we stay up its going to be another struggle again next season.  If we go down there is no way he will want to be around the club as the fall out will be massive.

Shearer won't come.  He isn't a wizard who can make kids and over-paid past it wonders play like Brazil.  In fact he has no management experience to speak of, and we have no idea if he will be able help us or hinder us in this awful situation.

I'd love him to come here and manage one day as I have a feeling that with the right tools (i.e. chairman support and players) and a comfortable setting he could get in to managing us at a slower pace and build up to doing a good job.  Asking him to save us from relegation with the injuries we have and the shite we have playing is mission impossible.  He isn't going to come here and get tarnished with a relegation so easily.

Perhaps if we get relegated, he'd come here to help us get back in to the Premiership.

Why the hell would Shearer jeopardise his own future as a manager by taking on a sinking ship which Wise and Ashley seem to revel in putting more holes in. Would not be surprised to see Given and N'zogbia leave and no one come else come in this transfer window.

I'll tell you how this will pan out

MOTD

Lineker 'Anyway Alan you have been linked again with the job, are you leaving the sofa?'

Shearer 'I've thought about it long and hard and it just isnt the right time for me at the minute'

Thread Over

This

No chance of Shearer coming in, he knows we're in the shite and is quite happy to watch from the sidelines and watch us crumble before making his move when we are at rock bottom (if he ever makes his move)

And this.

This too.

Nah, no way will he come, if we stay up its going to be another struggle again next season.  If we go down there is no way he will want to be around the club as the fall out will be massive.

NG makes a good point.

Shearer won't come.  He isn't a wizard who can make kids and over-paid past it wonders play like Brazil.  In fact he has no management experience to speak of, and we have no idea if he will be able help us or hinder us in this awful situation.

I'd love him to come here and manage one day as I have a feeling that with the right tools (i.e. chairman support and players) and a comfortable setting he could get in to managing us at a slower pace and build up to doing a good job.  Asking him to save us from relegation with the injuries we have and the shite we have playing is mission impossible.  He isn't going to come here and get tarnished with a relegation so easily.

Perhaps if we get relegated, he'd come here to help us get back in to the Premiership.

So does hakka

Why the hell would Shearer jeopardise his own future as a manager by taking on a sinking ship which Wise and Ashley seem to revel in putting more holes in. Would not be surprised to see Given and N'zogbia leave and no one come else come in this transfer window.

And stalker makes a good case too.

In summary - not going to happen. There's more chance of Keegan, or me, or Big Foot taking over at the moment...

No chance of Shearer coming in, he knows we're in the s**** and is quite happy to watch from the sidelines and watch us crumble before making his move when we are at rock bottom (if he ever makes his move)

He will come in once we go down.

No chance of Shearer coming in, he knows we're in the s**** and is quite happy to watch from the sidelines and watch us crumble before making his move when we are at rock bottom (if he ever makes his move)

He will come in once we go down.

We'll people did say he should learn his trade in the lower leagues. We didn't realise it would be managing us though.

Surely this has to happen now.  :kinnear: is a f***ing halfwit. The buzz around Shearer being appointed wouls get us enough points to stay up. We have eight home games between now and the end of the season and three of those are Arsenal, ManUtd and Chelsea. Unless change comes and damn soon we are undoubtedly in the broon steamy.

I'm tempted to say wait until the summer and give him the job whatever happens. If we go down, he can start his new job away from the limelight and just get on with things. If we stay up, then him taking the job could give a lot of promise to a bright future ahead.

Either way, I am starting to believe more and more that the next NUFC manager can only be Alan Shearer.

If shearer is a true geordie (hope so) he shouldn´t think about the best time for him to take the job! I hope and believe he would be a good manager....especially for us! The only reason for him not to take the job should be towards the ashley regime!

Nobody or at least i wouldn´t blame him if he came in now and couldn´t save us from going down. At least we would make process and be better prepared for next the season in the pl or championship.

if you love the club....why wouldn´t you try and help if you could see it couldn´t get any worse???

If shearer is a true geordie (hope so) he shouldn´t think about the best time for him to take the job! I hope and believe he would be a good manager....especially for us! The only reason for him not to take the job should be towards the ashley regime!

Nobody or at least i wouldn´t blame him if he came in now and couldn´t save us from going down. At least we would make process and be better prepared for next the season in the pl or championship.

if you love the club....why wouldn´t you try and help if you could see it couldn´t get any worse???

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Indeed. If he came in now and saved the club as it were, then his reputation would be upheld. If he came in now and couldn't sort us out then his image would be heavily tarnished.

There's no guarantee whatsoever that he could do the business, and creating a 'buzz' is no guarantee of anything either. The buzz created when Keegan returned didn't really lead to anything successful at first aside from the Stoke match on the day he came back.

Guest Howaythetoon

He hasn't got the balls to come in now.

End of thread.

Shearer owes us f*** all. Stop the self f***ing pitty.

He hasn't got the balls to come in now.

End of thread.

Erm... you mean he has the sanity to stay away?

Owt to have a dig at the bloke nowadays man. :nope:

something in the middle is true imo, shearer won't risk his reputation imo until the time is right, different from not having the balls but not 1m miles away