Journal 'sources': Newcastle offer £10m for Veloso

Baggio

Guest sicko2ndbest

Megson confirms he is not going to Bolton.

Said he's going to another premiership club?

You have just added that quation mark then, so Megson didnt say it. Oh well.

It was meant to be a question. I think the fact that he is out of the equation is a very positive step. I have a feeling this one will come off

It was meant to be a question. I think the fact that he is out of the equation is a very positive step. I have a feeling this one will come off

You just raised the hopes of everyone by missing out the question mark.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sportinglife

Meanwhile, Bolton boss Gary Megson revealed his interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso has ended because of the Portuguese club's excessive value of the player.

Megson had eyed Veloso as a possible replacement for Kevin Nolan, who has signed for Newcastle, but said: "We've been trying for a long time but the amount of money they want, I wouldn't feel comfortable paying that, and nobody else will.

"As far as I'm concerned it's finished. We've got two offers in for two players and interest in two others, and we need to bring them in."

5'-11", tough tackling, great dead ball pieces with a sweet left foot and costing £12-14m?

I don't think so.

Surely Man City dont need him, they have De Jong and Kompany for DM.

Wigan need a coup like that, if he would consider Bolton he would certainly be looking at Wigan if they paid his wages.

Depite the fact they dont need him I'd expect him to end up at Man City or maybe Spurs.

Bruce saying that N'Zogbia will be the last one in in the transfer window, so maybe not Wigan.

Don't think Spurs can afford him if they're bringing Keane back. City don't really need him.

Think he'll be staying in Portugal.

Hes an overhyped portugese player whos been injured, a move from a dull league like the portugese to a highly regarded in PL would tempt anyone even if its Newcastle, Wigan or Bolton.

Imagine being an footballer in a small country, suddenly you get an offer for £60-80.000 a week from an premiership club, wouldnt you do it?

Which of those clubs would offer £60-80,000 per week to a 22 year old? ???

fair enough

but just cant see him coming for less, he is still a bit hyped in the footballworld.

Aye he is a bit overhyped but he's much better thn most of the shite at SJP.

Bruce saying that N'Zogbia will be the last one in in the transfer window, so maybe not Wigan.

Don't think Spurs can afford him if they're bringing Keane back. City don't really need him.

Agreed. Even if the interest from us is genuine, I doubt very much we will meet their valuation. I just can't see us splashing that sort of money on one player, especially a foreign one who Kinnear would probably leave out of the first 11 because he can't pronounce his name.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

As much as I'd love it to be true, I can't see it happening at all.

I think he's a fantastic player but we need players (if we manage to sign anyone else other than Taylor) who are going to hit the ground running who won't need any kind of settling in period. We're staring relegation in the face and really need to sign players who are going to run through a brick wall for the Toon. That's why I'm pretty happy with Nolan

I think he's a fantastic player but we need players (if we manage to sign anyone else other than Taylor) who are going to hit the ground running who won't need any kind of settling in period. We're staring relegation in the face and really need to sign players who are going to run through a brick wall for the Toon. That's why I'm pretty happy with Nolan

I'm reasonably happy with Nolan and don't really know anything about Veloso but quality keeps you up, not grafting (though that helps). We need another quality midfielder imo.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'm reasonably happy with Nolan and don't really know anything about Veloso but quality keeps you up, not grafting (though that helps). We need another quality midfielder imo.

I think Nolan's a bit better than just being a grafter, Nicky Butt's a grafter! I agree with you though, another quality midfielder is a must but who's available and who can we realistically get baring in mind the alleged funds available. I still can't believe we haven't signed another out-and-out left-back

Agreed. Even if the interest from us is genuine, I doubt very much we will meet their valuation. I just can't see us splashing that sort of money on one player, especially a foreign one who Kinnear would probably leave out of the first 11 because he can't pronounce his name.

Colo?

Guest firetotheworks

We definitely need some quality. I keep thinking about that goal that Mendes scored for Portsmouth and then realising that we have noone who would do that in our midfield.

We definitely need some quality. I keep thinking about that goal that Mendes scored for Portsmouth and then realising that we have noone who would do that in our midfield.

we need someone that will play well week in and out. not someone who'll score a pretty goal now and again.

we need someone that will play well week in and out. not someone who'll score a pretty goal now and again.

Both would be nice :)

Guest firetotheworks

Thats not what I meant and you know it.

We should try for Larsson, he would be a fantastic signing for the rest of the season. The inteligence he would bring not to mention his work rate would be priceless. I'd rather have him upfront than a wantaway Owen in a relegation fight.

We should try for Larsson, he would be a fantastic signing for the rest of the season. The inteligence he would bring not to mention his work rate would be priceless. I'd rather have him upfront than a wantaway Owen in a relegation fight.

rather have him on the wing tbh but I agree